• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

08 PC Scrums & Set Plays

J

jsp_clarke

Loving the game so far but one big problem with the PC version. When winning a scrum if I try to select a set play by moving the stick I also invariably end up losing the scrum because I've stopped pushing! This seems like such a basic bug that EA can't have missed it. Anyone who has seen the PC version got any opinions on possible ways around this?

Loving the game so far but one big problem with the PC version. When winning a scrum if I try to select a set play by moving the stick I also invariably end up losing the scrum because I've stopped pushing! This seems like such a basic bug that EA can't have missed it. Anyone who has seen the PC version got any opinions on possible ways around this?

[/quote

Same problem with Ps2 , I have just learned to continue pressing forward with left hand, and overlapping my right hand to chose the play on the the direction pad. Cheers and salud

Guys, choose your set play just before you push. It's more annoying for scrums but at least it works.

Thanks for the replies.

mj44 is that before or after you put the ball in and try to hook it?

lionmaul that won't work on pc unfortunately as they haven't mapped the direction pad to set play selection.

they still hvae that set play set to directional??? I HATED that

stupid stupid stupid

And no one figured out a way to change set plays to the other analog stick? That totally sucks.
Also do you get the putin now if you wheel the scrum through 90 degrees or does it still go to the original team putting the ball in.

mj44 is that before or after you put the ball in and try to hook it?

After you win the ball. I don't think I tried set plays for scrums so I can't remember whether you can give an initial push (ie before you hook), win the ball, choose set play then push again or whether you have to wait to push until after you choose the set play.

The good thing is that it is easier to keep possession after a 'failed' set play. In '06 it seems like every time they caught my flyhalf in a set play I'd lose possession, not so in '08.

Latest posts