11 Man Rugby League??

Discussion in 'NRL / Southern Hemisphere' started by sanzar, Nov 14, 2006.

1. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Has anyone heard about this yet?

SMH

At first I thought this just sounded stupid, but it is true that dummy half running is used way too much and that it would be good to see a more open game, but still, I don't know if I want the game changed THAT much... nevertheless, I wouldn't mind watching this thing get trialed at the very least.

Thoughts?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. cwans

cwans Guest

Yep why don't they go even further and have League 7s....

4. I'd be against this barmpot scheme but if anyone said to me that a hooker is an extra 7 I wouldn't argue.

5. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

I'm opposed to this idea.

6. The Flash

The Flash Guest

The reason why they aren't saying 7's is that 7's is just too open. Ridiculously open. Whoever came up with sevens, in my mind needs shot.

I've been suggesting this for years. Not to replace league, but to replace sevens. They tried 9's at one stage in Australia, although I knew that was again too big a drop.

This idea will upset traditionalists, but as far as being the best mix of skilled, creative, yet still defensible league, then I say give it a try.

7's needs the chop. Where are the props who should be against that game instead?

7. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Yeah, good points CA. You're right, it may upset the traditionalists, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be tried... If it doesn't work, then fair enough, but It's definately an intriguing proposition and I for one would love to see it in action to see how it goes.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!