• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

1st choice goal kicker for each S14 team?

V

Vambo

Looking for some info regarding who is the 1st choice goal kicker for each S14 team?

Any help appreciated :)

gopperth is first choice for Hurricanes. Nick evans for the blues(he traded from the highlanders).Dan Carter obviously for the crusaders. Stephen Donald for the Chiefs. Not sure about highlanders.

Giteau might be forces goal kicker and darren hougaard will be bulls one. Thats the ones i know. :bana:

For the Brumbies it's generally Mortlock.

However you'd expect Huxley to be the kicker while he's out injured, but Gerrard has come out and said he wants to be the goalkicker.

I guess we'll find out on Friday.

Lokks like it'll be Beale for the Waratahs at least in the opening weeks, though Turner and Sheehan are both options that could take over later on. I think Schifofske for the Reds.

Contrare to previous NZ teams (no offence)...
Although you're from Wellington and probably know better, I'd say Weepu is a better Kicker than Gopperth. And for th Highlanders it'll probably be Daniel Bowden, he'll be the one shining light in an otherwise abysmall Hlanders team...

Blue Bulls: Derick Hougaard
Stormers: Peter Grant
Cheetahs: Conrad Barnard or Meyer Bosman
Lions: Andre Pretorius
Sharks: Frederic Michalak? Not 100% sure about that one. We have so many able kickers, I guess who ever is doing the best in training will kick. So consider Rory Kockett, Ruan Pienaar and Frans Steyn as well.

I'm not sure if the Force will use Giteau or Shepherd, maybe use Giteau for the first game and Shepherd after that.....very much a wait and see...

It'll be interesting for the Blues.

Evans or Nacewa. Doesn't really matter tbh. I do prefer Nacewa kicking the conversions from the sideline though.

Yeah I'd say it would definitely be Schifofske for the Reds, I remember in the NRL he was above 80%

Jimmy goperth or piri weepu for the hurricanes

Yeah I'd say it would definitely be Schifofske for the Reds, I remember in the NRL he was above 80%
[/b]

yeah Schifofske is a very good kicker

Latest posts