2 player Rugby on PC

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by Wally, Feb 13, 2005.

  1. Wally

    Wally Guest

    You may well laught at me but.. Is there some way you can hook 2 gamepads into the PC to play multiplayer? Okay, you can start laughing now.
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

  3. Muse_Cubed

    Muse_Cubed Guest

    Yes. Take one control (I recommend the Saitek P2500 Dual Analogue) and plug it into a USB port. Take the other control and plug it into another USB port. Voila. Easy if you're like me and have something in the region of 4 USB 2.0 and 6 USB 1.1 ports.
  4. Wally

    Wally Guest

    I've got one USB port on the front my pentium. Would there be another round the back? I'll have a look tommorow when it's day. Is this what you're supposed to do, or does this just work?
  5. hursty7

    hursty7 Guest

    Or as an alternative option you can purchase an adaptor which lets you use PS2 controllers on your PC! it is very easy to use, just fits into a USB port! it only costs £7 from play.com!
  6. Wally

    Wally Guest

    Damn, this sounds good! It'll cost me a bit to buy 2 PS2 controllers though.

    This it Mused?


    Looks good. Expensive?
  7. Wally

    Wally Guest

    And this would look something like this?

  8. hursty7

    hursty7 Guest

    oh yes, sorry forgot about that, i was thinking on the assumption you had a PS2 , sorry! might be worth while checking out buying second hand controllers tho?! that way you get to play the game as if on a ps2 but with better graphics!
  9. hursty7

    hursty7 Guest

    it looks similar, but doesnt look exactly the same

    theres the link for it.
  10. Wally

    Wally Guest

    Thanks alot champ. If I can track down one of these babys and a couple of old controllers on eBay I should be sweet. Do they sell these adaptors at official game stores like EB?

    Edit : Found this one for around $21. Only problem is..

    USB to PS2 Adaptor Y Cable (2 x PS2)
    [364966] $21.41

    Click to enlarge
    USB to PS/2 Converter

    . USB to x PS/2 ports
    . USB 1.1 complaint
    . Plug and play
    . Use just one or both PS/2 ports to connect a keyboard and/or mouse
    . Ideal for laptops
  11. hursty7

    hursty7 Guest

    no worries, but im afraid i think you can only buy them from play.com, as play designed them in conjunction with a company called joytech i think.
    think its worth opening an account with them just for it!
  12. Wally

    Wally Guest

    I'm Australian though. Might cost a pretty penny flying one over from England. Maybe it would just be cheaper to buy 2 gamepads. In that case what do you suggest and what would play well with Rugby 2005? (That's the reason I'm doing this).
  13. hursty7

    hursty7 Guest

    oh sorry only just clicked you might be from abroad! well i dont think i can help you much now, i dont much about gamepads for the PC, may be best of listening to the other guy!
  14. hursty7

    hursty7 Guest

    you see, being at uni and being a pikey i couldnt afford any fancy joypads so i was lucky to find the PS2 adaptor !
  15. I got my PS2 pad adaptor off ebay, which is cool because it was cheap, and it also has the options of plugging two pads in on the one adaptor for multiplayer.
  16. woodie

    woodie Guest

    I got a PS2 adapter for £1.00 + £3.50 pp off eBay, and I can use my PS2 pads on PES4 2 player poiefectly. I recommend getting one.
  17. woodie

    woodie Guest

    Is Rugby 2005 coming out on PC?
  18. Badboy

    Badboy Guest

    and i reccomend to dare me online with pes 4 [​IMG]
  19. ..::ERIC::..

    ..::ERIC::.. Guest

    PS/2 is basicly the style of fitting keyboards and mice have. It is not referring to ps2 as in playstation2.
  20. beat me to it [​IMG]
  21. Yes. Don't know if there will be a slight delay behind the console release or not, or whether EA will do what it usually does and release all the versions at the same time.
Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!

Share This Page