2000 Australia vs New Zealand Tri-Nations game Olympic Park Sydney.

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Woldog, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Woldog

Woldog Guest

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Charles

Charles Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jul 22 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Er...no... :rolleyes: :D

The greatest game of all time is of course France NZ 99...Massive upset, superb tries, it had everything. :bravo:

4. Woldog

Woldog Guest

Except this has been called the Greatest game of all time, by alot more people :p

5. Charles

Charles Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jul 22 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    The whole NH plus SA is a lot more people than Oz and NZ...

You want to make a poll ? :p

6. monkeypigeon

monkeypigeon Guest

Send the 2 videos to Stellenbosch and let them decide by measuring how long the ball was in play.

That is the official way of deciding all matters rugby.

Because the IRB said so.

7. Woldog

Woldog Guest

SA was in the Tri-Nations though so why would they support NH? also whenever the game is mentioned by anyone linked with professional rugby it's referred to as "The Greatest game of Rugby ever played" I think you're thinking of "The Greatest Croissant ever made"

8. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

That was an incredible game. Easily one of the best ever.

The second Lions test played this year is also one of the best games i have ever seen.

Some others:

1999 RWC. Semi Finals were SA vs Aus, and France vs New Zealand.

Both those games were of the best ever i reckon.

9. monkeypigeon

monkeypigeon Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Jul 22 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    That second Lions game could certainly take it for the dama alone.

Munster vs the All Blacks won the game of last year (public vote on Planet Rugby I think) and that was awesomely epic too.

10. QLD

QLD Guest

Cheers woldog for the links. That was the best game I've ever seen. The best game I never saw live that I've heard of being awesome was 87 SF between the Frogs and Australia.

11. Charles

Charles Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jul 22 2009, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    1 Any sensible SA (and other countries for that matter) fan will tell you that France ousting NZ of the WC in Twickers with 40+ points is better than NZ and Oz playing each other for the umptienth time (even if it was a very good game).

2 also whenever the game is mentioned in Australia/NZ by any Kiwi/Australian linked with Australian/Kiwi professional rugby it's referred to as "The Greatest game of Rugby ever played by Australia/NZ"

There, fixed it for you.

Btw don't be shy and admit it, you were too young and you didn't see the games ?

12. Woldog

Woldog Guest

I'm 18.... I was alive and watching rugby when they were played, <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Same as whenever a French team plays anyone and manages to win.

13. QLD

QLD Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jul 22 2009, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]

But France won the game so it must be the greatest.

14. monkeypigeon

monkeypigeon Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jul 22 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

Well in fairness, whenever France 'manage to win' (you'd swear they hadn't managed to come second in two world cups and third in another 2(?)) it's usaully with beautiful rugby.

Edit: I've just noticed that I was in France for that France match and in Australia when I watched the other!

15. Woldog

Woldog Guest

No prizes for runners up.

16. monkeypigeon

monkeypigeon Guest

No, but it does act as substantial proof that a team doesn't struggle to win games which was the point I was making, and not about the respective prizes.

17. Woldog

Woldog Guest

World cups don't measure anything though, Australia and South Africa have won them twice, yet New Zealand remains the higher ranked team, it's like saying Ipswich Rangers under 8's play great games because they don't struggle to win games.

18. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

You can't say that one game was the best ever. There are many contenders.

19. Woldog

Woldog Guest

I didn't give it the title best game ever, it's been written in many books that it was the best, even books not written by Australians/New Zealanders, but shock horror an English person.

20. monkeypigeon

monkeypigeon Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jul 22 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Again, that's not the point. I was argueing with the use of the words when France 'manage' to win a game, when France hardly struggle in 'managing' to win a game.

The fact they play high quality rugby is eveident to anyone who watches them pretty much everytime they play. Even in the Lievremont times they manage to put in some brilliant performances. Though the horrible ones were numerous for the last couple of years.

And I agree with whoever just said there's many contenders...this is a daft arguement anyway. Dunno how it got this far.

21. Woldog

Woldog Guest

It shouldn't even be an argument, I posted the links so that people who actually wanted to watch the game would, I couldn't careless about the Frogs beating New Zealand and alot of NH posters couldn't careless about this game either, the fact of the matter is, some people will want to view what is called "The Greatest game of all time." go argue with the authors of the books and the News Paper editors who gave it that name, not with me cause I really couldn't care less.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!