• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2000 Australia vs New Zealand Tri-Nations game Olympic Park Sydney.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jul 22 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I didn't give it the ***le best game ever, it's been written in many books that it was the best, even books not written by Australians/New Zealanders, but shock horror an English person.[/b]

Still only opinions.

Everything in the world is based on opinions, you can't have anything unless you have an opinion on it.

I just think that there is not one single best game. Maybe 5 or 6 best games ever, each in their own rights.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jul 22 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jul 22 2009, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm 18.... I was alive and watching rugby when they were played, <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
2 also whenever the game is mentioned in Australia/NZ by any Kiwi/Australian linked with Australian/Kiwi professional rugby it's referred to as "The Greatest game of Rugby ever played by Australia/NZ"[/b]
Same as whenever a French team plays anyone and manages to win.
[/b][/quote]

But France won the game so it must be the greatest.

[/b][/quote]

If that's what you want to think... :)

IMO FR NZ was better because :

It was a World Cup, thus a lot at stake

It was a massive upset

The whole rugby world watched this game. NZ-OZ, even a very good game, is still the same game that takes place like 4 times a year.

Everyone knows the greatest ever game of rugby was when Scotland beat Italy 18-11 in 2005

Since you've only posted 10 minutes worth of YouTube video directly, I'm going to say the Heinkkein Cup Semi-Final between Cardiff and Leicster had the greatest-ever final 10 minutes.

Best game ever? I'm too inexperenced to be able to say, but I want to say the Wales-France last year, just because of the Grand Slam and Shane Williams' try.

I can't be bothered to sit and wathc the full 80 minutes in front of my computer. Could you either stick it on TV or just put the highlights? I'm lazy.

But yea on a serious not i would go for the All Blacks vs Wallabies match from 2000. Get goosebumps just watching the highlights.

I love seeing how some of the greats have developed since those days. Mortlock still loves that jump-in-your-face tackle that he put on Lomu, only now weighs in at around 105 kg's. Remember when he gave Nonu the same treatment, nearly turned the course of the game.

Anyway it's all a matter of preference, of course a frenchman is going to think one of their games was more enjoyable than ours, and vice versa. Personally, I agree with Jericho in that the semi between SA and Aus is one of the best. That was an amazing game.

Latest posts