• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2003 rugby final shirts

evej

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
hi there, i have joined here to ask a question for a friend. we both know very little about rugby, but i've joined to see if i can get any info. my friend says she has come across a 2003 world cup final australian official shirt, with tags $99, in a lock up she has purchased. on the shirt their are 13 signatures and a comment about england not winning the cup for another 37yrs, which i am presuming was written by the captain. my question for anyone that can help is, is the shirt just a mass produced one made after, or not. and has she found something of any value. their are lots, especially england shirts, on ebay uk from 2003 world cup also signed. comments appreciated.

would have to know some of the signatures on it to have a guess... if possible a photo would be helpful.

one thought is that there are 15 players on a team (22 including subs), so 13 signatures seems a little bit odd.
as i say, a picture may help to find your answer.

http://www.superstars.co.uk/prodimages/large/australia_england_rugby_shirts-1.jpg
here is a link to a picture of a signed wallaby shirt with an england one.

....it would have been 37 yrs since England won the FOOTBALL world cup...sounds dodgy to me

Latest posts