• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2006 Rugby Games

Which rugby union game will be better and why?

• Ea Sports Rugby 2006

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby Challenge 2006

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
J

jimmy44

I recon rugby challenge will still be for the casual gamers, and rugby 2006 for those looks for a simulation of the sport. I recon EA are going to surprise everyone and rugby 2006 will be a winner.

Originally posted by jimmy44@Nov 16 2005, 04:52 AM
I recon rugby challenge will still be for the casual gamers, and rugby 2006 for those looks for a simulation of the sport. I recon EA are going to surprise everyone and rugby 2006 will be a winner.
EA rugby games have been consistently "unfinished products" with each addition released... Rugby 2005 looked pretty but had more gameplay and setup issues than worth mentioning, and I personally don't see how the game could be that much better with less than a years work on it... Other than that, WCR had far better ground work for a great rugby game than witnessed in Rugby 2005, and it's passing and kicking systems were far superior... As such, in my opinion Rugby 2006 cannot possibly be as good as RC2006 because the gameplay systems put in place by swordfish are already vastly superior to anything HB has been able to muster. Also, I have contention with the claim that EA rugby games are more "simulation", as for that to be true the game would need a rucking system with some deapth and control to it and more realistic options with forwards. Rugby 2005 was a game trying to be a simulation, but overall was basically very shallow in my opinion. So while Rugby 2006 will undoubtedly have more options, licenses and game modes (but will probably still sport a lines tour with no hosting option), RC2006 will have the superior gameplay by far!

if both games live up to what they have promised, then i would think that rugby 2006 will be best. but considering that ea is making rugby 2006 - this is highly unlikely.

also were in rc2006! which gives it a added advantage.

although im a fan of simulation sports games, because of depth, carrers and stuff like that, when i found out that rc2006 had the carrer mode and all of this other neat stuff about it, my vote is going to rc2006

(trev, can you send me my copy now)

I hope your right, seen as Northampton are not in Rugby 06 unless the Prem is included...along with licenses, plus RC sounds like more fun to play, and has the licenses...plus...its out first......well hopefully.
<

Originally posted by Jamie Lyon@Nov 16 2005, 09:48 AM
Trust me, RC06 will own Rugby 2006.
Even though you have no idea what Rugby 2006 will be like.

Rugby 2006. Reason: More licenses, tournaments, players, stadiums, presumably better graphics, online play and if the jump from 2004 to 2005 was anything to go by, 2006 should be another drastic step up.

Rugby Challenge 2006. Reason:
Rugby 2005 was a huge improvement on R**by 2*04, but that isn't saying anything. The only real improvements were the fact that it was done on the Fifa engine. Rugby 2005 was still not a good game. It was fun right the way up until about halfway through my first season of Super 12, where all of a sudden the novelty wore off and I realised that this was an unfinished piece of turd. It wasn't good. It was mediocre at best. Madden 05 (even though I hate the sport) is good. Rugby 2005 has nothing comparing to it, except the fact that it's (trys to be) rugby.

Rugby Challenge 2006: 4 out 4 people can't be wrong?

Well we really know nothing about r2k6 so it's basically stupid to compare them in the first place. They will both do me in different ways (and not just sexually). One will be there to have fun with, but I doubt if its depth will match up to that of r2k6's. Seeing how rugby is my favourite sport, depth is important.

Originally posted by Wally+Nov 16 2005, 11:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Nov 16 2005, 11:16 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jamie Lyon
@Nov 16 2005, 09:48 AM
Trust me, RC06 will own Rugby 2006.
Even though you have no idea what Rugby 2006 will be like.

Rugby 2006. Reason: More licenses, tournaments, players, stadiums, presumably better graphics, online play and if the jump from 2004 to 2005 was anything to go by, 2006 should be another drastic step up. [/b]
No online play sorry. Also, they worked on making 2005 for over 18 months, so of course it would be tonnes better than 2004(in fact it would have been near impossible for them not to make a game that was tonnes better than 2004)... This time however, HB have spent around 6 months working on a sequel... And untill I see evidence to the contrary I will continue to be convinced of how badly it will suck. Also wally, the stadiums and licenses won't mean **** if the gameplay of RC2006 shits all over Rugby 2006 will it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Well we really know know about r2k6 so it's basically stupid to compare them in the first place. They will both do me in different ways (and not just sexually). One will be there to have fun with, but I doubt if its depth will match up to that of r2k6's. Seeing how rugby is my favourite sport, depth is important.[/b]
What makes you think Rugby 2006 will have more deapth? Rugby 2005 was a game trying to look deep, but too afraid to leave the shallow end of the pool... Rugby 2005 needs ALOT of work, and I just don't think 6 months is long enough.

Well to correct you, by the time it comes out it would have been in development for atleast 12 months. That's enough time. Ofcourse Rugby 2k6 will have more depth, there'll just be more to work with - from a southern hemisphere perspective anyway. It will get boring very quickly playing career mode with a northern hemisphere team, with northern hemisphere players.

Anyway, how do you know it's not online? One could only assume it is and I don't remember it being announced otherwise.

Originally posted by Wally@Nov 16 2005, 04:24 PM
Well to correct you, by the time it comes out it would have been in development for atleast 12 months. That's enough time. Ofcourse Rugby 2k6 will have more depth, there'll just be more to work with - from a southern hemisphere perspective anyway. It will get boring very quickly playing career mode with a northern hemisphere team, with northern hemisphere players.

Anyway, how do you know it's not online? One could only assume it is and I don't remember it being announced otherwise.
I know online isn't in because according to my mate at Harvey Norman they are gonna wait till next gen so they don't have to create 2 different online systems... Also, the game will likely be out by feburary, so it will be 8-10 month game max, and probably still have a Lions tour where you can't play as the hosts.

As for RC2006 being bad from a SH perspective... well I'm gonna be getting it on PC and will alter all the uniforms and player names, so I don't really mind.
In any case, I still think Rugby League 2 will be the best game.

Originally posted by Wally@Nov 16 2005, 05:24 PM

There is never enough time for a lazy, EA funded development company. They haven't made one good game. Ever. Not one!

And I can't trust that they will make a decent game, until I have seen it.

Swordfish on the other hand are a trusted company. They actually like the sport, they have already proved they are capable with the excellent BLIC, and, above all else, they are involved in the community. They may not have the funding that Hb Studios are seemingly handed out on a silver platter, regardless of the quality of their products, but they can actually make games, and they know what is needed to make games.

Rugby Challenge 2006 seems to be the goods by all accounts, and I am looking forward to it. I am slightly skeptical as WCR just didn't do it for me, but this is sounding a vast improvement.

Rugby 2006 on the other hand, sounds better than Rugby 2005 according to locksley, but still not impressive, and he didn't get a good go at it.

I'm bored of typing now.

What is scary, is that EA may have managed to have dicked the Need For Speed police line of games! Need For Speed Most Wanted is coming out shortly but there are sugggestions that it ain't that great. The Need for Speed police chase series was so brilliant.

I just think that rugby challenge is leaning too much towards an arcade game, and correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect most people on this forum would prefer a much deeper, simulation of the sport, which only EA rugby games have provided. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this, and for a quick pick up and play game, for a bit of fun, rugby challenge will be great, but I wan't something deeper and more real. Of course I havn't played the game so I may be competely wrong, rugby challenge may be the simulation I'm looking for, but I have my doubts.

Its a crying shame that Swordfish are not making any more rugby games, as this this would obviously push EA in the right direction, like they have with fifa. Without healthy competiton ea rugby will not progress as it should. This is why I am hopeful of rugby 2006 because there has been a bit of competition now for a couple of years. No offence to Swordfish but the reason I am glad they're around is because they provide the competion EA need to make a much better rugby game, as they have the capacity and the funding to make a truely superb simulation of the sport - I don't think this is in Swordfish's agenda which is fine and understandable as they are trying to capture a slightly different market, i.e arcade/pick up and play gamers

Hey guys I think we are getting a bit a head of ourselves here we have not even got a release date as of yet for RC 2006 never mind Rugby 2006. My main concern with all these delays is not which is better but more like lets hope it is released!!!

At least Rugby League 2 now has a release date to look forward to and they know it is going to hit the shelves for sure unlike us poor suffering Union fans.

Really hope "IF" RC 2006 is released it will live up to expectations!
<

Originally posted by TheBokke@Nov 16 2005, 10:52 PM
Hey guys I think we are getting a bit a head of ourselves here we have not even got a release date as of yet for RC 2006 never mind Rugby 2006. My main concern with all these delays is not which is better but more like lets hope it is released!!!

At least Rugby League 2 now has a release date to look forward to and they know it is going to hit the shelves for sure unlike us poor suffering Union fans.

Really hope "IF" RC 2006 is released it will live up to expectations!
<
Why do you say 'IF' RC 2006 is going to be released. Of course it will be released its just a matter of when surely?