2009 Investec Tri-Nations Squad

Discussion in 'Tri Nations 2009-2011' started by candybum, Jul 4, 2009.

1. candybum

candybum Guest

http://allblacks.com/news/10432/Eaton-and-...i-Nations-squad

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

Some inevitable inclusions and omissions. Can't help but to feel Messam was a scapegoat for the 1st test loss. And seems silly to have 5 props when Franks is very unlikely to get any game time. Discuss.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Jul 4 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Some inevitable inclusions and omissions. Can't help but to feel Messam was a scapegoat for the 1st test loss. And seems silly to have 5 props when Franks is very unlikely to get any game time. Discuss.
    [/b][/quote]

Squad quite impressive

I guess the ABs fans are satisfied by this team

4. kaino1990

kaino1990 Guest

f***ing disgrace... seriously what did Read do in the first game? he was unheard of. At least Messam was out there being proactive when the all blacks' were getting dominated, playing stupid rugby and not kicking... Henry didnt even give him a chance to prove himself, im sure he would of had a blinder the next week or even against italy, on the bench at least jesus he even said that messam missed tackles and got turned over, SO DID READ, he was the man that missed the first try and he didnt even touch the f**king ball let alone appear in the breakdown... And masaga should of played in the PNC... i mean i think its a bit slack, as good as a player gear is, i think masaga could of done the same or even better against the lower tier teams and proven himself just as gear was allowed to. Whitelock was looking promising as well i would of liked to see him there, oh well, come end of year tour and im sure he would of replaced latimer in there. The five prop crap is nonsense as well, like you said candybum, franks aint going to get time, unless one of the props has a sort of injury we arent aware of (Tialata or Woodcock?). Nice to see Ross finding his feet, although i dont think he'll be too effective come Tri Nations when we lock horns in the grind with the other teams. his style opts for the open game and i dont think we'll be seeing too much of that. I hope Messam can come back strong for the end of year tour, he was YEARS ahead of Read this year in super 14 and was hard done by henry.

5. Woldog

Woldog Guest

I don't see New Zealand winning the 3teams1cup this year, their team doesn't seem to be that great compared to the All Blacks of yesteryear I think SA will win it.

6. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jul 6 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I agree

7. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

While I am a big Hosea Gear fan, I can't help but think that Lelia Masaga didn't get the opertunity he diserved. I mean he got one game, and he was swapped for Cory Jane in the 60th minute. End of year toar, I see the biggest victim of all being brought back...Scott Waldrom, gotta feel really sorry for him, he should have started all 3 of those tests and been on the bench for Tri Nations, however due to injury, his big oppertunity was was lost to Latimer...I think people are ruleing NZ out too much, I think it is possible for us to win, however I have to admit, NZ is coming into the tournement in worse form.

Messam was given an opertunity, was he hard done by? yes, but when you get an oppertunity to shine, don't play like a freaken center if your position is #8. Read, and i am hardly his biggest fan, at least did what he was supposed to do, did he do it amazingly? no, but he got to the breakdowns, helped distribute the ball ect, unlike Messam, who stands in the backline and trys a grubber kick...

The think Gear has that Masaga dosn't is Masaga seems to be good with ball in hand however I am impressed with how Gear contributes and reads the game, I would like to see both the wingers with great futures.

8. Flux

Flux Guest

We were written off last year and we saw what happened there. I can't say I'm too worried, even if we don't win I think that the pride in wearing the black jersey will inspire the team to perform like the All Blacks of yesteryear.

9. Woldog

Woldog Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Jul 7 2009, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Just like the pride of wearing the Queensland Reds jersey inspires the Reds to <strike>lose</strike> perform like the Reds of yesteryear

10. Flux

Flux Guest

Something like that. ;)

11. TheBokke

TheBokke Guest

You guys kidding right. NZ will win yet another Tri-Nations however I do feel it will be very close call with OZ pushing hard.

If Oz had the two home games against NZ this year I would predict a Wallabies win.

12. jawmalawm24

jawmalawm24 Guest

The All Blacks don't really look as menacing as they have been in the past but I'm sure we still have a good chance of winning the series even thou there's a few injuries and still a couple players that need more game time.

Hope Roks can pick his game up and show us that he's still got what it takes to take on the Boks and Ozzies. If he doesn't to be honest even thou I'm a Hosea Gear fan I think Masaga should have been given a proper go and if he wasn't being tossed up between the Juniors and All Blacks he could of shown the 3 wisemen what he's really made of.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!