• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

** 2009 Lions Tour Mod **

F

Fa'atau82

Hi guys,

Ok, we have unlocked the Lions Tours in Rugby 08.. so let's get this mod officially into gear!

There are several .xml files for the Tours, and this is because you have a choice of warm-up or no warm-up for all 3 tours, therefore there is double the xml files, but there is nothing to really add unless you wanted to make non-sanzar tours.

The possiblities are endless. I would suggest a Pacific Islanders tour or Autumn Internationals for the ones that aren't playing now for the next 4/8 years.

Here are the xml locations

cdb4251b03e30d656efdeb67bbfbaae5.rsg AUS TOUR
5fe36c7ad28a8bb21aa332220730de23.rsg AUS No Warmup

d3e7e30781e1fb00f0738a7e86654ec3.rsg RSA TOUR
c6f977643ede83976b0c19ade4830016.rsg RSA No Warmup

9d2d44ee6682cb8acc8ee38d017ba1b7.rsg NZL TOUR
a888a0df722adc0507005adc033216c4.rsg NZL No Warmup

The real Lions Tour 2009 schedule looks like this, so we can get it 80% accurate as we have no Emerging Springboks. If we remove the XV's games.

Wed 3 Jun Golden Lions v Lions - Coca-Cola Park
Sat 6 Jun Cheetahs v Lions - Vodacom Park
Wed 10 Jun Sharks v Lions - The ABSA Stadium
Sat 13 Jun Western Province v Lions - Newlands
Sat 20 Jun South Africa v Lions - The ABSA Stadium
Tue 23 Jun Emerging Springboks v Lions - Newlands
Sat 27 Jun South Africa v Lions - Loftus Versfeld
Sat 4 Jul South Africa v Lions - Coca-Cola Park

For now, please add this file below to your game directory to unlock the Lions Tour and 10 Nations. This won't work accurately on MUP09 Euro Club Edition as there are no SH clubs, so you'd have a European Tour, which i can add other nations to tour.

http://files.filefront.com/ActivateLionsTo...;/fileinfo.html

When an official update is ready, it will be posted in this thread.

Meanwhile, if you have any ideas for tours and want patches, please post here. I would suggest patches for..

- Pacific Islanders, New Zealand, South Africa and Australia November Tours (Autumn Internationals) to Northern Hemisphere.
- NH Nations to SANZAR Tours, like England to NZ.

If we make them, they won't take much time.

Well, my Lions Tour mod works. I will make the logos and stuff for the when the tour starts. The fixtures are done, i just need to change text and add some logos, and also fix some ads and pads issues.

Sounds great mate, let us know when the link's up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Mar 15 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, my Lions Tour mod works. I will make the logos and stuff for the when the tour starts. The fixtures are done, i just need to change text and add some logos, and also fix some ads and pads issues.[/b]

It works fine, i tested it.. obviously i can't make a proper squad yet.. i have to replace the Lions logos, and change the text and also the graphics, shouldn't take too long.

Probably a couple of weeks.

So this is for Rugby 08 still or just for 06?

faatau says: It's for 08 now, thanks to you!

My mods are for 08 unless i say otherwise. 06 has a full lions tour.. and it can never be 100% accurate with the selection teams they play, so it doesn't really need any editing apart from the kits, which i have uploaded.

Please see the first post for Lions Tours unlock file. Courtesy of RobbieD_PL. Thanks dude!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Mar 19 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Please see the first post for Lions Tours unlock file. Courtesy of RobbieD_PL. Thanks dude![/b]
Hey man, that link is not working, could you update it?

This stuff looks great!

Will you be able to run tours to all three SH countries or will it just be the boks?

Well brand new here, first post but on topic.

I'm not sure if this is finished but I know it works as I've tested it and it works. Just wondering is there any way to change the players in the Lions team. I thought it might be possible with Woosaah's editor but then I saw in the Starting 15 for the Lions that it was the Lions Super 14 team just when you actually play the Lions magically appear. So is there a way to change the players to make it more like a Lions 09 team or is that going to happen in another update.

Back off topic since you seem like the right person to ask. Is there a way to change the players in a team on Rugby 08? Also is it possible to create your own new teams? I tried the team edit button on Woosaah's editor but It keeps coming up with an error. Having once got round that I looked in the drop down list of teams and found a selection under User, named Team 1, Team 2, Team 3 and Free Agents. You probably know all this so am I going in the right direction or is it not possible?

All you have to do is open the editor and then find the team in the drop down menus. Use the > and < buttons to add and remove players. Then save. You also fix the Lions in this way.

The only problem I still have is the fact that The Lions shows up as the Super 14 team untill you play a match. So I'm hoping changing the Lions Super 14 team will change them.

Thanks for the help.

Latest posts