• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2009 Player of the Year

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (go on the irish @ Dec 4 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Candyman @ Dec 3 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (go on the irish @ Dec 4 2009, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Watch out New Zealanders! There's a facebook group saying O'Driscoll should have won player of the year and it has over 2,500 members.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#...42896487?ref=ts

You better enjoy that trophy while you can McCaw, because it looks like a certain Irishman is about to take it off your hands!!

http://www.irishrugby.ie/images/news/odris...og_mccaw_06.jpg[/b]

HAHAHAHAHA!! And the first person I see on this facebook page is a bloody irishman that came to NZ to play rugby for the club I play for so we played together Bloody Bryan Donnelly!! lol!! And he is trying to get residance here!! lol!!
[/b][/quote]

Bryan's been hired by the IRFU to go undercover and steal back O'Driscoll's award
[/b][/quote]

Hahaha!! Bryan couldn't steal cat nip from a rain deer!!

I have to say it's been a tough year

article-1229682-0746AEC5000005DC-663_468x325.jpg

2585.jpg

sigh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 2 2009, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Steve-o the whole rugby world is not going WTF over this. You are South African, it's called reading your own news. I googled 100's of news articles on it. Many cries of "foul", all bar one I could find was from Dublin, Pretoria or another part of either country. The French press are fine with it, New Zealand (obviously), most English, nearly all Australian news. Didn't see much welsh stuff. Hardly the whole world. Just because you said so.[/b]

Can I ask for the links of these please?
I know what is said now is academic because the award is sitting pretty in McCaw's bar but I found on multiple rugby sites and forums (especially) most people were caught by surprise.
So I just wanna see the other side of the rugby opinion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 2 2009, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think there's so many people blinded by their own country that they don't realise that an expert panel picked the man. Not a bunch of whinging TRF'ers. It's been a disgrace the way some people have reacted to this.[/b]

But in the same breathe NZ'ers rubbish the decision of this "expert panel" because Shane Williams won it last year? Both you and NickDNZ have conveyed this which I think is very hypocritical.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Candyman @ Dec 3 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Dec 3 2009, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Best article on the web about this whole topic:
http://theofficialnaterowlanblog.blogspot....joke-right.html[/b]

Again these are the negative opinions of NH(Ireland) so BOD had a good year as captain but the record of wins should not be counted as there are 21 other players in that squad that helped win those matchs this is based on individual performance isn't it!?
[/b][/quote]
So, you liked my blog then? Always glad to welcome another fan.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Dec 5 2009, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 2 2009, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve-o the whole rugby world is not going WTF over this. You are South African, it's called reading your own news. I googled 100's of news articles on it. Many cries of "foul", all bar one I could find was from Dublin, Pretoria or another part of either country. The French press are fine with it, New Zealand (obviously), most English, nearly all Australian news. Didn't see much welsh stuff. Hardly the whole world. Just because you said so.[/b]

I know what is said now is academic because the award is sitting pretty in McCaw's bar but I found on multiple rugby sites and forums (especially) most people were caught by surprise.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 2 2009, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think there's so many people blinded by their own country that they don't realise that an expert panel picked the man. Not a bunch of whinging TRF'ers. It's been a disgrace the way some people have reacted to this.[/b]

But in the same breathe NZ'ers rubbish the decision of this "expert panel" because Shane Williams won it last year? Both you and NickDNZ have conveyed this which I think is very hypocritical.
[/b][/quote]

But in the same breath? But in the same breath? But in the same breath NZ'ers rubbish the decision of this expert panel? Where? Particularly, in the same breath as this year. I'm open to debate on this. Pull up old posts of NZ'ers going off about last year. Please. Go ahead. Let alone, in the same breath.

Satisfy the masses.....do it. Find those posts. If you find one, just one, does that equate to this year. Really?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (go on the irish @ Dec 5 2009, 05:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I suppose it all just depends on how long you can hold your breath[/b]

Yeah it's just silly. It seems the irish are over it and are limiting it to being a contentious decision. It seems second wave is South Africa.

I'm not into debating this super in depth, but if it matters to others, where is elgringoborracho, charles, dale, redsunderthebed, teh Mite, Olyy, Rugbys A Religion? the nearest you get on here is a few, and I mean a few Welsh who feel the pain from being near on the rankings. Most Welsh don't seem to care other than a few though. So, it's most of the rugby world? This is two green nations.

Well, we are the best of the bunch this year :D

Eh, yeah we've had enough dodgey decisions up here to last a decade. I think they've started to lose their impact.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 4 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Dec 5 2009, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 2 2009, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

But in the same breath? But in the same breath? But in the same breath NZ'ers rubbish the decision of this expert panel? Where? Particularly, in the same breath as this year. I'm open to debate on this. Pull up old posts of NZ'ers going off about last year. Please. Go ahead. Let alone, in the same breath.

Satisfy the masses.....do it. Find those posts. If you find one, just one, does that equate to this year. Really?
[/b][/quote]

Here we go

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Nov 28 2009, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Nov 29 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's pretty random to be honest. Was McCaw the best player of this year? Not a chance. O'Driscoll, Du Preez and Brussow are ahead of him at least.[/b]
Apparently not because McCaw won. Did McCaw cheat? Either way he deserved it last year so he got it this year. And the pannel of judges couldn't have made a mistake...
[/b][/quote]

And why you getting your knickers in such a twist over me voicing my opinion anyway? FFS man chill out, you're over doing it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Dec 5 2009, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Candyman @ Dec 3 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Dec 3 2009, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Best article on the web about this whole topic:
http://theofficialnaterowlanblog.blogspot....joke-right.html[/b]

Again these are the negative opinions of NH(Ireland) so BOD had a good year as captain but the record of wins should not be counted as there are 21 other players in that squad that helped win those matchs this is based on individual performance isn't it!?
[/b][/quote]
So, you liked my blog then? Always glad to welcome another fan.
[/b][/quote]

Always good to read someones blog doesn't mean it's right! :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 5 2009, 04:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

It's just comes down to they can't handle the IRB's decision and isn't this expert pannel made up mostly of NH Hmmm!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Dec 5 2009, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 4 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Here we go

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Nov 28 2009, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Nov 29 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's pretty random to be honest. Was McCaw the best player of this year? Not a chance. O'Driscoll, Du Preez and Brussow are ahead of him at least.[/b]
Apparently not because McCaw won. Did McCaw cheat? Either way he deserved it last year so he got it this year. And the pannel of judges couldn't have made a mistake...
[/b][/quote]

And why you getting your knickers in such a twist over me voicing my opinion anyway? FFS man chill out, you're over doing it.
[/b][/quote]

Personally I think everyone is over-reacting!! Can we not just get along and just leave it at the IRB made there decision they picked who they picked and leave it at that!!?? PLEASE!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Dec 5 2009, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 4 2009, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Here we go

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I was just utterly fed up about it and was pretty tired and posting it when I got up in the middle of the night, so yeah I did get a bit carried away.

Still, regarding your quotes. We never rubbished the decision made last year, just said we thought McCaw should've won last year. Just a personal opinion, not rubbishing the judges and going on like it was a terrible shame or anything. Also, Nickdnz was obviously being pedantic there, so the whole debate falls down on your side if thats the best there is.

The point of the issue was that for the week after Shane Williams won, there was not this crying about it. Some off the cuff one-off quip from Nickdnz is hardly a rubbishing.

I look forward to next years awards.

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Here we go

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Fair call let me retract my comment and restate it. McCaw I beleive was the strongest candidate last year, and his consistant from this year I believe has earned him this reward. In 2008 Shane Williams had a very good year and is deserving of the reward despite not being my first choice. Now I have been big enough to admit I was wrong in using that argument, I find it funny how you have pointed out that I stooped to a low usually reserved for several bitter South African and Irish posters. And yes, I was being padantic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Dec 5 2009, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Dec 5 2009, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Here we go

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Fair call let me retract my comment and restate it. McCaw I beleive was the strongest candidate last year, and his consistant from this year I believe has earned him this reward. In 2008 Shane Williams had a very good year and is deserving of the reward despite not being my first choice. Now I have been big enough to admit I was wrong in using that argument, I find it funny how you have pointed out that I stooped to a low usually reserved for several bitter South African and Irish posters. And yes, I was being padantic.
[/b][/quote]

*pedantic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (go on the irish @ Dec 6 2009, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Dec 5 2009, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Here we go

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

*pedantic
[/b][/quote]

Never judge a rugby player or fan by his spelling. :D His argument is sound though. :)

Still maybe this is winding down, but has been a good old argument. If it's annoyed any people that a few of us have stood up for McCaw, maybe they should look at the muck chucked first? :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Dec 5 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (go on the irish @ Dec 6 2009, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Dec 5 2009, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Here we go

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

*pedantic
[/b][/quote]

Never judge a rugby player or fan by his spelling. :D His argument is sound though. :)

Still maybe this is winding down, but has been a good old argument. If it's annoyed any people that a few of us have stood up for McCaw, maybe they should look at the muck chucked first? :lol:
[/b][/quote]

I was being ironic

Well, now that we're basically a week on from this CATASTOPHE, I think we've all calmed down a bit and have decided to get on with our lives.

Let's look at something more interesting. Who would you least mind punching you full-force in the face; O'Driscoll, DuPreez or McCaw?
I personally believe it's between DuPreez and BOD. If I had to choose I'd choose BOD. I wouldn't enjoy it though.
I'd quite like to be punched by D'Arcy though. I think he'd feel rather bad about it after and he'd buy you some iced-cream and a bottle of Sprite as means of apology.

Latest posts