• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2009 Player of the Year

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (go on the irish @ Dec 5 2009, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was being ironic[/b]
It made me laugh

This entire arguement was an exercise in pedantics. No one actually agrees with anyone elses point but everyone decided to focus on such minor unimportant issues that they were all able to pretend to agree on the big picture.

I heard Richie McCaw got it??
WHAT FOR!!!

Morne Steyn should have got it easily!!!
He like Fourie du Preez (who could be if not an even better bet?) nailed A Tri Nations, a Lions Series, A Super 14, and even the Currie Cup!!

Not to mention, he destroyed both the Crusaders and the All Blakcs almost by himself!!!
(figure of speech obviously) but if you look at all the records he smasked, and how he performed in only his second international season, you shouldnt even be able to think twice!!

Record for most points in a tri nations match
Record for most points against the All Blacks in a match (Tri Nations or not)
Record for most drop goals in a Super 14 match
etc. etc.
I think he equalled Andrew Merhtens record of most penalties in a tri nations match (9)
And I personally thinkn he is by far the best goal kicker/drop kicker in the world!
Even Francois Steyn is better than DC!
The only thing DC has on them is his play making and touch line kicking, but how long as he been playing for compared to the Steyn's??

someone explain perhaps??
I do not see how Riche McCaw won the thing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dexter Tauvao @ Dec 10 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WHAT FOR!!!

He like Fourie du Preez (who could be if not an even better bet?) nailed A Tri Nations, a Lions Series, A Super 14, and even the Currie Cup!!

Not to mention, he destroyed both the Crusaders and the All Blakcs almost by himself!!!
(figure of speech obviously) but if you look at all the records he smasked, and how he performed in only his second international season, you shouldnt even be able to think twice!!

etc. etc.
I think he equalled Andrew Merhtens record of most penalties in a tri nations match (9)
And I personally thinkn he is by far the best goal kicker/drop kicker in the world!
The only thing DC has on them is his play making and touch line kicking, but how long as he been playing for compared to the Steyn's??

I do not see how Riche McCaw won the thing.[/b]

You are obviously joking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Dec 10 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dexter Tauvao @ Dec 10 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHAT FOR!!!

etc. etc.

You are obviously joking
[/b][/quote]
This post is either a joke or a sign of immense ignorence. If you had watched Steyn play against Ireland, you would understand why even most South African's understand why he didn't receive the reward. Carter is a master class, and with some debate on the forums of wether Wlikinson WAS better, I think there is a general agreement that Carter is by far the best 10 in the world. Steyn did well for kicking penalties supplied by his teams, and the odd drop goals were also added, however while I like Steyn, his game is alot more one dimensional then Carters. Because you are on a winning team does not mean you automatically are rewarded IRB player of the year, and considering the reliance the Springboks have on du Preez as a play maker and a very powerful forwards pack, Steyn hasn't shown enough depth in his game.

McCaw won it. He played to his usual high standards and a team of highly qualified people chosen by the IRB believe McCaw was the best player of the year. To say "WHAT FOR!", is like saying "what? the best openside the world has perhaps ever seen has won this award? Someone else deserves it!", which dosn't make you sound very smart does it. Anyway, this argument has fizzled out, and while the compitition was very good, and the decision debatable, please be happy for the winner and stop moaning like a little *****.

Regards

NickDNZ :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dexter Tauvao @ Dec 10 2009, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WHAT FOR!!!

etc. etc.

I couldn't agree more! Well said, old boy. Its nice to see someone come out and just say what we're all thinking.
The BBC should snap you up. You'd be at home amongst great rugby minds like Jeremy Guscott and Brian Moore.

Latest posts