• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2009 Player of the Year

Right then. As "hearts and Minds" has obviously failed its time for a bit of ...............................

SHOCK AND AWE!</span>

<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE (wayner @ Oct 13 2009, 11:48 PM) <a href=\'index.php?act=findpost&pid=416405\'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class=\'quotemain\'>Winning the Super 14 matches the Heineken Cup victory.[/b][/quote]
No it doesnt. You cant say a mickey mouse, <span style="color:#0000ff">touch rugby competition
, from which most decent players are desperately trying to escape from, is anywhere near the calibre of the HEC. Get your SH head out of your up-side-down ass and see the facts for what they are.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wayner @ Oct 13 2009, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Winning the Tri-Nations in the convincing style that they did matches Ireland's 6N victory.[/b]
True, but O'Driscoll pretty much won this Grand Slam on his own. DoPreen has been playing behind the most powerful pack on the planet at the moment. Your moms would look good playing at 9 behind that bunch of forwards (not of course implying that your moms arent already attractive in other ways).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wayner @ Oct 13 2009, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The deciding factor would be the Lions tour where the team from a single nation beat the combined efforts of four nations - you have to give that to South Africa.[/b]
Grand. Lets give South Africa the award then ............ oh hold on its a player award. O'Driscoll GETS IT! He is captain, scored crucial tries at crucial times, and when he shared a pitch with DaPuuz it was O'Driscoll who stood out (well on the odd occasion you could see the other chap chasing him in the distance).

Oh and Brian O'Driscoll can talk to animals. I saw it on the HSBC Lions Tour adds! FACT! Show me a YouTube clip where DiPrude can talk to animals like that and I'll be impressed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 14 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 14 2009, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that I've won all the SH hearts and minds .......... I'll get my coat.[/b]
Are you kidding me? He says this, clear as day, and half a dozen of you still bite.
[/b][/quote]

Unreal wasnt it :)

Note to self: Ignore all posts from Logorrhea from now one. Well, until he gets his wang out of Brian O'Driscoll's ass that is.

PS.

Bulls > Leinster
South Africa > Sissy light green

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 15 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Right then. As "hearts and Minds" has obviously failed its time for a bit of ...............................

SHOCK AND AWE!</span>

<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE (wayner @ Oct 13 2009, 11:48 PM) <a href=\'index.php?act=findpost&pid=416405\'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a>
<div class=\'quotemain\'>Winning the Super 14 matches the Heineken Cup victory.[/b][/quote]
No it doesnt. You cant say a mickey mouse, <span style="color:#0000ff">touch rugby competition
, from which most decent players are desperately trying to escape from, is anywhere near the calibre of the HEC. Get your SH head out of your up-side-down ass and see the facts for what they are.

Winning the Tri-Nations in the convincing style that they did matches Ireland's 6N victory.[/b]
True, but O'Driscoll pretty much won this Grand Slam on his own. DoPreen has been playing behind the most powerful pack on the planet at the moment. Your moms would look good playing at 9 behind that bunch of forwards (not of course implying that your moms arent already attractive in other ways).

The deciding factor would be the Lions tour where the team from a single nation beat the combined efforts of four nations - you have to give that to South Africa.[/b]
Grand. Lets give South Africa the award then ............ oh hold on its a player award. O'Driscoll GETS IT! He is captain, scored crucial tries at crucial times, and when he shared a pitch with DaPuuz it was O'Driscoll who stood out (well on the odd occasion you could see the other chap chasing him in the distance).

Oh and Brian O'Driscoll can talk to animals. I saw it on the HSBC Lions Tour adds! FACT! Show me a YouTube clip where DiPrude can talk to animals like that and I'll be impressed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 14 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 14 2009, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you kidding me? He says this, clear as day, and half a dozen of you still bite.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Idiot

O'Driscoll can talk with the animals. I saw it too. I say if we can't give the award to BOD, let's ask Chabal if he wants it, because we need to appease the volcano before it errupts again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 15 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

SHOCK AND AWE!</span>

<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE (wayner @ Oct 13 2009, 11:48 PM) <a href=\'index.php?act=findpost&pid=416405\'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a>
<div class=\'quotemain\'>Winning the Super 14 matches the Heineken Cup victory.[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Very unfair of you old chap to be using driftnets...

I think after his side were up 17-5 with 20 to go yesterday, the backline flowing beautifully and solid as a rock in the centre, then he gets subbed off and his side proceed to lose 22-17; for his undoubted skill and influence in the game, I would like to put forward cyRil of Ospreylia for careful consideration for a nomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 15 2009, 05:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

SHOCK AND AWE!</span>

[/b][/quote]Where to begin responding to this?

First off when did Canada move to the Southern Hemisphere?

I am an impartial third party when it comes to watching rugby - I just want to see well played rugby. I enjoy games from both the SH and NH I disagree with your assesment of the S14 - I think it is excellent rugby, as is the Heinken Cup. Don't forget that the Heineken Cup has some drawbacks such as very weak teams from some countries. Same with the 6N where Italy has averaged less than one victory per year.

I used to quite like Ireland and O'Driscoll but if people like you are indicative of their supporters then I may start to hope that they get their butts kicked this year. :D

doh%20homer%20simpson%20doh.jpg

This thread=

Logorrhea: Down with the SH

SA members: you suck Logorrhea

Logorrhea:
FishCaught4.JPG

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 15 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think after his side were up 17-5 with 20 to go yesterday, the backline flowing beautifully and solid as a rock in the centre, then he gets subbed off and his side proceed to lose 22-17; for his undoubted skill and influence in the game, I would like to put forward cyRil of Ospreylia for careful consideration for a nomination.[/b]

Ok Gingergenius then, for coming on to the wing (where he hasn't played for 6 years) at half time for the local pub team (no training) against the Edinburgh Medics (lots of training) when we're 12-0 down... game won 19-12 and guess who sprints away for the winning try. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 15 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

SHOCK AND AWE!</span>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Yes, Irish Rugby is really very impressive. Can't wait till they actually beat New Zealand in the history of the sport. But you have a good point, I mean Irish players come from European clubs...Oh wait a minute, Munster players, let's see...Paul O'Connel only half decent Irish player. Mafi, Tipoki, Howlett, Nick Williams, JdV, Christian Cullen. Why is it that so many Southern Hemisphere players go to play in the Heiniken Cup? Because it is a step down in competition for larger amounts of money. Maybe I'm being unfair, after all I named only players from Munster...From Leinster they have Contepomi, Nacewa, Elson, Whitaker, van de Linder. All have played in the Super 14 in their prime, and then moved to Ireland for a pay check and retirment bonus. So yes, Heiniken Cup is the SH players retirment home. I am actually not against the competition, I think there are some really good matches and teams, however when some idiot comes on and runs his mouth about a competition which undoubtably produces better players then it begins to annoy me. And if you don't think that the competition produces better players, try looking at the international rankings.

This happens with a wide variety of sports.

SH = Best players - less infrastructure
NH = Good players - best infrastructure

There is a combination of factors that make for a higher quality of players (genetics, diets, culture, climate, society, economy, etc).

The fact that New Zealand, South Africa and Australia have been the top three Rugby nations for years now speaks for itself.

The 6N is far more entertaining than the 3N, due to better organization and a superbly designed format. But in terms of quality, the 3N remains peerless. Just imagine it in 2012 with Argentina in and back to the home and away games.

Back on topic: Personally I think that O'Driscoll and Du Preez deserve the award. Both have been impressive and their performances were second to none in their respective positions.

It seems he was only trying to get on SH ***s. Internet trolling i believe is the term.

Also seems that all the members up north love every minute of it. I guess if you can't even come close to them on the rugby field, rather try to beat them at something else.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Oct 16 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Logorrea 39 - 0 SH (plus a Canadian)[/b]
Lol, simular to the score line SH teams seem to NH teams...Anyway, enough with arguing against you. Lesson learned, never argue with idiots, first they bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

Latest posts