• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2009 Player of the Year

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

My work here is done. I will leave you all to it until the day O'Driscoll is rightly crowned king of rugby.

God day to you sirs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 18 2009, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nobody got a chance to mention how badly the Lions were cheated out of the series, I think.[/b]

No, no, just no. You're not convincing enough! Try subtly suggesting a SH player may deserve the award and then bam! Hit us with something of the above ilk. That will get a reaction!

But in all seriousness, wouldn't it be nice to have a genuine discussion about who deserves the award?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Oct 18 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 18 2009, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nobody got a chance to mention how badly the Lions were cheated out of the series, I think.[/b]

No, no, just no. You're not convincing enough! Try subtly suggesting a SH player may deserve the award and then bam! Hit us with something of the above ilk. That will get a reaction!

But in all seriousness, wouldn't it be nice to have a genuine discussion about who deserves the award?
[/b][/quote]
You're dreaming too big son, get your head out of the clouds!

How about a compromise; petition the IRB for a shared award as I believe both are equally deserving (although for somewhat different reasons..) and that the differences in opinion are rooted mainly in understandable bias. Would this be possible and/or acceptable?

... it would give the award to the most deserving player; FdP as well as award BOD for years of outstanding play and having had a return to form where he has been nominated before without success and also aknowledge the fine achievements of Ireland (and Leinster) as well as the courageous efforts of a very plucky B&I Lions team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Oct 19 2009, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How about a compromise; petition the IRB for a shared award as I believe both are equally deserving (although for somewhat different reasons..) and that the differences in opinion are rooted mainly in understandable bias. Would this be possible and/or acceptable?[/b]
No.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Oct 19 2009, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
... it would give the award to the most deserving player BOD for years of outstanding play and having had a return to form where he has been nominated before without success and also aknowledge the fine achievements of Ireland (and Leinster) as well as the courageous efforts of a very plucky B&I Lions team.[/b]
Fixed that for you. Good man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 19 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Oct 19 2009, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about a compromise; petition the IRB for a shared award as I believe both are equally deserving (although for somewhat different reasons..) and that the differences in opinion are rooted mainly in understandable bias. Would this be possible and/or acceptable?[/b]
No.

... it would give the award to the most deserving player BOD for years of outstanding play and having had a return to form where he has been nominated before without success and also aknowledge the fine achievements of Ireland (and Leinster) as well as the courageous efforts of a very plucky B&I Lions team.[/b]
Fixed that for you. Good man.
[/b][/quote]

You should do stand up :mellow: because I'm in stitches

Its keeping me amused alright.

These conversations always turn into farce, so in the true spirit of International Rugby I decided to fight farce with farce.

Before the award is given we will argue based on our physical location or our loyalty to and perceived knowledge of a particular player. Once the award is given to O'Driscoll you lot will refer to the politics of the decision (the equivalent of "the ref was shite") and revert to the our Hemisphere is bigger than your hemisphere debate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Oct 17 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 18 2009, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Schalk Burger has to win the award like he did in 2004, for being the most Gentleman-ly player during the Lions series, and had the best sitting down on the bench pose during the Tri-Nations. His quote "I only have the utmost respect for the traditions of the wonderful game of rugby." that he said directly to the IRB is another contributing factor, as is the fact he'll give them the Cricket pitch his dad built for him when he was six. But then, he'll go up to collect his award... And headbutt the chap he's being given it by, then magcially stick his hand through the cameras filming the event... AND GOUGE EVERYONE WATCHING AT HOME'S EYES OUT. Except Luke Fitzgerald, his TV set being presented with a note saying "No citing commisoner now to see it now, Lukey boy...."

That any better?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SmokeyMonkey @ Oct 29 2009, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Gavin Henson[/b]
He'll win the "Potential" player of 2009 award.

Chuck Norris and Your Mum (I think that is actually referring to Sharks mum but I'm not quite sure) didnt play professional rugby. R2-D2 is a fictional character (kinda like Gavin Henson) and so doesnt qualify.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-os2u4CfJQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-os2u4CfJQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="295" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Latest posts