* SH Young Player of the Year - Heinrich Brussow
* International team of the year - Ireland
* NH Club/Provincial team of the year - Leinster
* SH Club/Provincial team of the year - Blue Bulls
* Match of the year - South Africa v Lions, 2nd Test
* Coach of the year - Declan Kidney
* Worst Jersey of the Year - Edinburgh Away
* Try of the year - Cedric Heymans v NZ

International team of the year Ireland? I'll have to agree on the Cedric Heymans try thou that was just awesome how he skooted pass Corey Jane than stepped the hell out of Mils and Roks with only 5m to work in.

that's the way the nominations worked and it wasn't just a question of all the Irish nominating Ireland either.

Ja, we are awesome. No one else deserved, mainly due to the Saffers making a complete mess of their northern tour.

They came, they saw... They nearly got beaten by a 13 man England with Andy Goode holding the rudder...

I believe the idea was to contact the winners agents' and see if we can't formally tell them they've won an award.

Yeah, lets do that. they're probably the only rugby awards with any integrity left.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Dec 13 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I believe the idea was to contact the winners agents' and see if we can't formally tell them they've won an award.[/b]

Email to Edinburgh to tell them?

I'll do it too

With Ireland winning team of the year, no one is saying they're the best in the world. But their record - undefeated, 6Nations grand slam and defeating the world and 3N champions... the only thing thats gone wrong all year for Ireland is not beating Aus. Which I would be very disappointed about.

However, they've otherwise had a perfect year. They may well have required BOD/ Steven Jones to scrape them out of a defeat every time it gets close, but they've still wound up undefeated which is commendable.

While we had an outstanding year we weren't the team of the year. South Africa winning the Tri Nations and Lions Series trumps Ireland's Grand Slam and Autumn Series. Add to that the fact that the Boks had away wins in Australia and New Zealand and it's no contest.

Still think there should have been a vote between Tommy 'greatest wing in history' Bowe and Brian 'ouch my shoulder hurts' O'Driscoll. All you Munster and Leinster fella's are biased.

Latest posts