14:30 - Ireland v Wales
17:00 - Scotland v England
Sunday 14 March
15:30 - France v Italy

Saturday 20 March
14:30 - Wales v Italy
17:00 - Ireland v Scotland
20:45 - France v England

I think england have the nicest draw. with a biggy at home, then a match they should win, then a big one then one they should win then a big one to finish.

Compared to thr Ireland disaster of Italy then our two difficult away matches followed by wales and a then finish against Scotland.

Wales get the Friday night match again,

The middle week looks the most entertaining...is it a repeat of the third Wednesday of this year?

Right well last year was a blip, I'd normally expect us to beat Wales at home so that one should be a nice winning start.

Then away at Italy. Only silly Scots and Welsh ever lose to them so 2/2.

Home to Ireland... yeah that's at Twickers, in the bag.

Away to Scotland... Scotland are crap so 4/4.

Away in Paris. Grand Slam decider perhaps? France never beat us in anything. So English Grand Slam. EEzy.

Ireland finally get to finish with a home game, poor Scotland still waiting for one, while yet again Wales finish at home, would be nice to finish off at Croker by winning something tangible, not sure we'll do the slam again but I'd be fairly confident of winning at least a triple crown.

The Friday match was always on the cards, they'd said somewhere last year that the Wales France game would be played on Friday of the middle week of 2010, with the aim of having at least 1 Friday game in the following years.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Apr 2 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Right well last year was a blip, I'd normally expect us to beat Wales at home so that one should be a nice winning start.

Then away at Italy. Only silly Scots and Welsh ever lose to them so 2/2.

Home to Ireland... yeah that's at Twickers, in the bag.

Away to Scotland... Scotland are crap so 4/4.

Away in Paris. Grand Slam decider perhaps? France never beat us in anything. So English Grand Slam. EEzy.[/b]

Ahhh bugger when you put it like that........ anyone got the fixture list for 2011 as the English have this one wrapped up nicely.

Another consistent certainty will be that every single one of England's games will be referreed by a chap from the SH.

Saturday 6 February
14:30 - Ireland v Italy
17:00 - England v Wales
Sunday 7 February
15:00 - Scotland v France

Saturday 13 February
14:00 - Wales v Scotland
17:30 - France v Ireland
Sunday 14 February
15:30 - Italy v England

Friday 26 February
20:00 - Wales v France
Saturday 27 February
14:30 - Italy v Scotland
16:00 - England v Ireland

Saturday 13 March
14:30 - Ireland v Wales
17:00 - Scotland v England
Sunday 14 March
15:30 - France v Italy

Saturday 20 March
14:30 - Wales v Italy
17:00 - Ireland v Scotland
20:45 - France v England

Brilliant for Wales that imo. If we beat England, which we can do because we're a better team, then we could get on a roll. I'd expect us to beat Scotland and France at home. Ireland will be tough but if we win that then our GS decided will be against flipping Italy.

See, GG, anyone can do it mate. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 2 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ireland finally get to finish with a home game, poor Scotland still waiting for one, while yet again Wales finish at home, would be nice to finish off at Croker by winning something tangible, not sure we'll do the slam again but I'd be fairly confident of winning at least a triple crown.[/b]

The GS is the kiss of death. Ireland will need to really push on to avoid falling apart next year.

Or maybe that's just me being overly Welsh. Who knows, maybe Ireland really can win back to back slams.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Apr 2 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 2 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ireland finally get to finish with a home game, poor Scotland still waiting for one, while yet again Wales finish at home, would be nice to finish off at Croker by winning something tangible, not sure we'll do the slam again but I'd be fairly confident of winning at least a triple crown.[/b]

The GS is the kiss of death. Ireland will need to really push on to avoid falling apart next year.

Or maybe that's just me being overly Welsh. Who knows, maybe Ireland really can win back to back slams.

[/b][/quote]

Ok, lets not **** ourselves bud. Hopefully we can try out Some of the young feens like Keith Earls, Cian Healy, an OutHalf (Keatley, Humpy or Sexton) and that way we have the 'France excuse' for not winning.

Yeah I dont think anyone here will be looking for a slam next year. We've ticked that box, so with the monkey off the back (see what I did there?) we should be looking to add two or three new players to the panel.

A triple crown and a championship will have to do me thinks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Apr 2 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah I dont think anyone here will be looking for a slam next year. We've ticked that box, so with the monkey off the back (see what I did there?) we should be looking to add two or three new players to the panel.

A triple crown and a championship will have to do me thinks.[/b]

I said that for Wales this year too.

Expect England, Scotland and France to all improve.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Apr 2 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

A triple crown and a championship will have to do me thinks.[/b]

If Ireland can go to London and Paris and win that would be a phenomenal achievement.

Yeah as I said in another thread, I'd expect England to keep improving, Scotland to move forward under a new coack (Hadden quit today), and France IF they replace Lievremont with Galthie to improve also. We wont see another GS until after the WC.

not sure about Lievremont going though, seems the obvious option but if the FFR suits have bought into Lievremont's line of building for the world cup than they're not likely to be overly bothered by what's going on in the Six Nations.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 3 2009, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
not sure about Lievremont going though, seems the obvious option but if the FFR suits have bought into Lievremont's line of building for the world cup than they're not likely to be overly bothered by what's going on in the Six Nations.[/b]

To go from the win over Wales to the defeat against England was some transformation. That and playing so many players out of position. That isnt building for anything. Chabal as a 7?

Your probably right but I for one would be happy to see him remain in place. Gives us a better chance to beat them.

I'm convinced we've more chance of a GS this year than last, yet we've certainly also got less chance of achieving comfortable victories.

I'm going to stick my neck out now in April and say that Wales will win the Championship next year BUT will lose to either England or Ireland.

:D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Apr 7 2009, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm going to stick my neck out now in April and say that Wales will win the Championship next year BUT will lose to either England or Ireland.

:D[/b]
Thats lunchtime drinking for you!

Find this calendar a good one for us.

First match versus Scotland, but outside wich should help us to prepare seriously.
Second one versus Ireland at home, we should be able not to make the beginners errors we made this year, and local pressure on the referee will maybe help him to open his eyes before the 78th
Strongest rendez-vous in a red stadium...
Italy for a rest
Classic crunch for final

Do not expect Lievremont to be changed, we'll have to compose with him till WRC11...Some little changes in TOP 14 schedule that might make us hope that better arrangements and rest for players.
Positive point is the French public support in Stade de France wich is getting louder, This stadium doesn't have Le parc des Prince rugby spirit yet, but a match like France /Walles - where public support has been very strong despite a high disparaged team- has started to write a few "XV de France" golden letters.

Latest posts