• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2011-2012 UEFA Champions League

M Two One

Tra la la la
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
Following the draw earlier today, here is how the groups stand as listed below.

These are my early predictions - Group A should see Bayern through and I think City will take second, but we should see a fight from the other two. Group B belongs to Inter. Second place will be difficult to predict, but I'm going with Lille as they still have a great selection of players including Hazard, Sow and newcomer Payet.

Group C pretty much belongs to Manchester United and Benfica. Real Madrid should take first in Group D, but I think Ajax may surprise a Lyon side that is starting to fall apart. In Group E, Chelsea will take the top spot. I don't think Valencia have the tools to compete in this group as they lost one of their best players to Chelsea this summer. I think second in the group will be Leverkusen.

Arsenal will no longer have an easy time in Group F as, borrowing from the world cup, I think that this one will be the group of death. I think Borussia Dortmund will actually go through in first with Arsenal managing second. Group G is already a favorite of mine as we are pretty much guaranteed three competitive matches. By narrow margins, I think Shakhtar Donetsk will go through in first with Porto taking second.

Finally, in Group H we see something similar to Group C. As much as I'd like to see the Czech and Belorussian sides beat Barça and Milan, I just don't think they have a chance. Barcelona will take top spot undefeated with a decently high figure in the goals-for column. AC Milan will finish second with their only loss against the Catalan side.

Group A
FC Bayern München
Villarreal CF
Manchester City FC
SSC Napoli

Group B
FC Internazionale
PFC CSKA Moscow
LOSC Lille MétropoleTrabzonspor

Group C
Manchester United FC
SL Benfica