• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2012 NRL Grand Final.

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
Canterbury Bulldogs vs. Melbourne Storm, ANZ Stadium. 30/09/2012 5:15 P.M. AEST.

The final game of the NRL season is upon us and a potential classic is on the cards with the 1st and 2nd ranked teams meeting up. Both teams had similar seasons in which they were mostly dominant over their opposition with one bad stretch respectively. Also both had comprehensive wins in the penultimate round.

For the Dogs there were some struggles early that led them to a 4-5 start(though some of these losses were to good sides), after Round 10 however the Dogs have only been defeated once by the Raiders in a game that had very little meaning for this season's Minor Premiership holders.

The Storm started and finished with flair but had a torrid time around the end of the Origin period due to the number of players unavailable and injured. They have won seven on the trot heading into this weekends final.

The lineups have been announced although the Storm have yet to clarify whether or not there will be a couple changes to their Interchanges due to some minor injuries.

Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

Starters: Ben Barba Sam Perrett Josh Morris Krisnan Inu, Jonathan Wright, Josh Reynolds, Kris Keating, Aiden Tolman, Michael Ennis (capt), Sam Kasiano, Frank Pritchard, Josh Jackson, Greg Eastwood.

Interchange: James Graham, Dale Finucane, Corey Payne, David Stagg.

18th man: Dene Halatau

Melbourne Storm

Starters: Billy Slater, Sisa Waqa, Dane Nielsen, Will Chambers, Justin O'Neill, Gareth Widdop, Cooper Cronk, Jesse Bromwich, Cameron Smith (capt), Bryan Norrie, Sika Manu, Ryan Hoffman, Todd Lowrie.

Interchange: Ryan Hinchcliffe, Kevin Proctor, Jaiman Lowe, Richie Fa'aoso,

18th man: Rory Kostjasyn,

Extended Squad *Mahe Fonua, Siosaia Vave, Anthony Quinn. (may still play depending on injuries)

It'll be a close one considering Bulldogs are more or less at home.

I believe Will Chambers and Sisa Waqa are under an injury cloud however they are tipped to play.

It was interesting to see a comparison of the two opposing hooker's stats today - If it were a numbers game, you'd say Cameron Smith is twice the play Michael Ennis is. Actually, to tell you the truth, Smith is twice the player regardless.

Smith boasts twice as many runs with 3 times the metres gained per game, twice as many tackle breaks, 3 times the try assists, 6 times the offloads, 2 and a half times the line break assists, more tackles per game, twice the kicks per game for twice the metres, one quarter the penalties and less than half the errors.
It's quite simply amazing to see how much more dominant the bloke is!!! Aaaaanyway...

If Melbourne is at full strength, i'll back them, however if an injury disrupts them I think Bulldogs will scrape home. It should be that close.

I agonzied over this on my superbru picks for ages, but went with the Storm by 2, I just can't pick against Slater, Smith and Cronk the way that they are playing. That being said the Bulldogs have a fantastic team and will probably have an advantage in crowd support. Going to have to tape this one and watch it when I get up 3 a.m. start here LOL.

james graham has being accused of biting you can take the thieving bindipping stains scum out of scouseland but not dirty stains out of the man.

Last edited:
30 minutes left... Melbourne lead 14 - 4

Red, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on retaining your "TRF Epitome of Excellence - Official Club Member" badge - Quite chuffed indeed.

Well done Storm, a well deserved win.

Bulldogs - You deserve to lose. I was neutral going in to the game, however the scumbag antics of James Graham and Sam Kasiano swayed me.

With Sam Thaiday out for the upcoming test, it would be great to see Melbourne's Ryan Hoffman take his place in the Australian team.

Yeah James Graham's actions were pretty disgusting he's lucky the officials didn't see it or he could have been sent off or at least sent to the bin.

It was an entertaining game which I enjoyed, but Cameron Smith's horror show with the kicking boot kept it closer than it should have been. Slater was great and the Storm were clearly the better side in almost all facets. Credit to the Bulldogs defence for holding on and keeping the game close, they even weathered four straight possesions by the Storm.

603678_10151113330928985_749857164_n.jpg

403989_10151113533318985_598292003_n.jpg

Thanks melon twas an epic day UP THE STORM!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts