• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013-14 IRB 7's] Tokyo

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
Well it's a long break now till the next event on the circuit which dosen't take place until March 22nd-23rd, from the Prince Chichibu Memorial Ground in Tokyo. The pools however have already been announced.

Pool A

New Zealand
Canada
Wales
Portugal

Pool B

South Africa
Argentina
Kenya
Japan

Pool C

Fiji
Samoa
France
U.S.A.

Pool D

England
Australia
Scotland
Spain

Current Standings

New Zealand 99 pts
South Africa 97 pts
Fiji 73 pts
England 68 pts
Australia 59 pts
Samoa 57 pts
Argentina 53 pts
Kenya 47 pts
Canada 43 pts
France 38 pts
Wales 37 pts
Scotland 30 pts
Portugal 21 pts
United States 15 pts
Spain 8 pts
Tonga 2 pts
Uruguay, Russia, Zimbabwe 1 pt

I wanted Fiji in NZ's pool again, as losing to them first up really seemed to fire us up in Wellington! Maybe this time we will just lose to Canada first up - I'm sure that would make a few posters here very happy ;)

Though I'm sure there will be some temptation for NZ to stick with a winning side I expect to see Sam Dickson and Joe Webber back for this tournament, and Cama should be back to full fitness (he barely played in Wellington).

The final in Wellington was pretty impressive, hope they can bring that game again

Two draws in a row can't remember the last time that happened. Canada smashing Portugal first up, very clinical stuff.

Canada leading New Zealand 12 - 5 at half time, lets hope they can keep this up

aw man Canada gave away the game at the last minute. NZ win 22 -17. Such little mistakes cost them, but Canada have been so good in these last couple tournaments.

Last edited:
Wow! ... what a clearance from Gillies Kaka, kicking it across ... a bit of a brain explosion from the Aussies taking out Tim Mikkelson out in the air 14 -0 at half time.

Stowers in for a try ... 21-0

... nice try Clarky Junior :) 21-7

... Lucas in for Oz 21-12

Fulltime NZ 21 - 12 Aus

Halftime Kenya 12 - 12 Fiji

What skills from both sides ... fulltime Fiji 43 -Kenya 19

Last edited:
Canada got some harsh luck this event, but I guess it makes up for the horseshoe that was lodged firmly up our bungholes in the two previous events. I really like how the side is coming on and depth is constantly improving....and the return of O'Toole!!!

Yeah Canada was unlucky not to beat England. USA have really surprised me as well. Samoa have had a terrible tournament, getting wasted in the Shield Final

Fiji vs NZ was so intense, big runs and offloads coming from everywhere lol. I can't believe Fiji have made it to the final, they can look sloppy one second then brilliant the next. Pio Tuwai has been amazing for them with his offloads. I think South Africa have been the best team so far though, all they've got so many speedsters

I guess this means South Africa are going to overtake NZ in the series lead

Well done England, 21 - 12 over New Zealand in the 3rd/4th playoff

Last edited:
Omg what a final. That was one of the best games. Fiji win 33 - 26 with a try in the last 20 seconds, that offload from Tuwai was crazy

Last edited:

Latest posts