Round 3 Fixtures

Worcester.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Harlequins.png

Sixways, Worcester (Friday, 18:45 GMT)

Sale.png
Versus%20Prem.png
London%20Wasps.png

AJ Bell Stadium, Salford (Friday, 19:00 GMT)

Leicester.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Newcastle.png

Welford Road (Saturday, 14:00 GMT)

London%20Irish.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Exeter.png

Madjeski Stadium, Reading (Saturday, 14:00 GMT)

Gloucester.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Northampton.png

Kingsholm, Gloucester (Saturday, 14:15 GMT)

Saracens.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Bath.png

Allianz Park, London (Sunday, 13:00 GMT)

Last edited:
We're now playing at the "AJ Bell Stadium" as of the re-naming last week.
If you could all hold your "Where's your season ticket? In the bell end?" jokes, that'd be grand :p

3/6 last week, let's try for a bit better this week...
Quins, Wasps, Tigers, Chiefs, Saints, Saracens

What does the Bath management do? Ignore it completely, or let Henson take an easy penalty?

What does the Bath management do? Ignore it completely, or let Henson take an easy penalty?
Depends. I'd give Gavin the option. If he wants to just ignore it, that's fine. I wouldn't take kicking duties from Ford just for the sake of this, but Henson has or at least had a good boot at range.

A bit crass of the Saffacens to single out one player.

If Eastmond is fit Henson won't be coming on until late in the game anyway.
And he may come on for Ford, as he's probably going to be the only 10 cover on the bench.

I'd imagine he'd be massively up for it if given the opportunity.

Bath Ticket Refund

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3823_8926321,00.html

so if bath get a penalty under the posts they just let world class goal kicker gavin henson kick it and every traveling bath supporter gets a refund.

It's a dead cert that Henson can do this, so whats the catch? Maybe Saracens would prefer to face Henson in the mid field than someone else???

It's a fun talking point either way. Its a bit like the cross bar challenge that saracens did at wembly. the first year you just had to get it over the crossbar. Hilarious. Then Nigel must have had a word with the marketing department and the rules were changed to make it fiendishly dificult, you now have to kick it through a hole! I do think their marketing dept are a wacky old bunch though.

what do you fezz heads think?

I'm guessing it means 'score a try', not just a penalty.

Either way, it's an interesting marketing ploy. Could well backfire by giving Henson extra motivation to go out there and score. Henson himself should be licking his lips, after a shaky start to his Bath career with the nightclub incident, he's got a chance to make a lot of Bath fans like him by scoring and getting them all refunds.

Bath Rugby team to face Saracens

15. Anthony Watson
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Matt Banahan
12. Gavin Henson
11. Tom Biggs
10. Tom Heathcote
9. Martin Roberts
1. Anthony Perenise
2. Rob Webber
3. David Wilson
4. Stuart Hooper ( c )
5. Dominic Day
6. Alafoti Fa'osiliva
7. Guy Mercer
8. Leroy Houston

Replacements

16. Tom Dunn
17. Paul James
18. Kane Palma-Newport
19. Dave Attwood
20. Matt Garvey
21. Micky Young
22. George Ford
23. Jonathan Joseph

Obviously the "B team" rotation - certainly not an ambitious selection.

Last edited:
lets see if I can beat 4 out of 6 this week:

Quins will beat Worcester - bit easy that one

Sale will lose to wasps... - this was alot tougher! I'm basically just being mean to Danny Cipriani because it goes completely against Darwins survival of the fittest theory that Danny gets to bonk Kelly Brook. Its not fair. How many busses will it take!?!

Leicester will beat Falcons. UNLESS they play really really badly. :huh: In which case they might lose... <_<

Exeter will beat Irish. Going out on a limb here, but with Plymouth stuffing Jersey and the six fingered cornish thumping pseudo westcounty side bristol (as if bristol is in the westcountry! devon and cornwall are the westcountry, we don;t want any of this somerset milarky!) I'm going with the Devonians to beat LI or feel the shame of being upstaged by the mighty Plymouthians. In fact if exeter lose then I'm going to start referring to everything past Paignton Zoo as London. I like Paignton Zoo

Glaws will lose to Saints. What can I say. Glaws are pants. The old people in my Gran's old nursing home god rest her soul could beat Gloucester. In fact my Gran could still beat gloucester on her own in a remote controlled wheelchair. C'mon Rosie!!!!!!

Bath will beat Saracens - they won't but if they do then I can rub my chin thoughtfully and say, "well it was obviously going to happen, wasn't it."

there ya go. To be perfectly honest I'll be amazed if I get over four of them right, but it's been fun to write.

Last edited:
Sale - Wasps is the hardest game to predict. I'll go with Sale, Quins, Tigers, Chiefs, Saints and Sarries

Perhaps I'm biased but wouldn't Sharks Wasps be a far more interesting game to show live than wuss quins?

I now have to avoid finding out the score until the full game has been put up on Aviva full match replays - and they take wayyyyy longer than they ever used to to do that.

Latest posts