Round 7 Fixtures
Worcester.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Bath.png

Sixways, Worcester (Friday, 19:45 GMT)
Sale.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Exeter.png

AJ Bell Stadium, Salford (Friday, 20:00 GMT)

Gloucester.png
Versus%20Prem.png
London%20Wasps.png

Kingsholm, Gloucester (Saturday, 17:00 GMT)
Leicester.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Harlequins.png

Welford Road, Leicester (Saturday, 17:30 GMT)
London%20Irish.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Northampton.png

Madejski Stadium, Reading (Sunday, 14:00 GMT)
Saracens.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Newcastle.png

Allianz Park, London (Sunday, 15:00 GMT)

Bath Rugby team to face Worcester Warriors
15. Anthony Watson
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Kyle Eastmond
11. Matt Banahan
10. George Ford
9. Peter Stringer
1. Paul James
2. Rob Webber
3. Anthony Perenise
4. Stuart Hooper ( c )
5. Will Spencer
6. Matt Garvey
7. Francois Louw
8. Carl Fearns
Replacements
16. Ross Batty
17. Nathan Catt
18. Juan Pablo Orlandi
19. Dominic Day
20. Alafoti Fa'osiliva
21. Martin Roberts
22. Gavin Henson
23. Horacio Agulla

The same team as last week, minus Attwood.

Wasps and Gloucester teams below; Really looking forward to this one now - I have a feeling we could get a win this time. In my opinion we have a clear advantage up front; Gloucester this season have so far been let down by their pack, or front five plus morgan, whereas in contrast our forwards have been really excellent and arguably let down by our backs sometimes sketchy midfield defense. Bringing the two sides together, I feel there's a real chance for us to get on top. We've named a big back-row which is exciting to see - first start for Haskelhoff this season and he looked up for it and sharp when he came on against Tiggers.

If we can get ahead early, as we often do, and exert pressure up front such as in the scrums, I'd say we can take 4 points from this. Biggest worry is the dubious defence of hayter at times, Bell out of usual position, and the Gloucester bench which is far stronger than ours, particularly in the backs.

London Wasps Team to face Gloucester
15. Elliot Daly
14. Christian Wade
13. Chris Bell (c)
12. Charlie Hayter
11. Josh Bassett
10. Andy Goode
9. Joe Simpson
1. Matt Mullan
2. Carlo Festuccia
3. Jake Cooper-Woolley
4. Tom Palmer
5. Kearnan Myall
6. Ashley Johnson
7. James Haskell
8. Nathan Hughes
Replacements
16. Tom Lindsay
17. Simon McIntyre
18. Will Taylor
19. James Cannon
20. Guy Thompson
21. Charlie Davies
22. Joe Carlisle
23. Tommy Bell

Gloucester Rugby
15. Rob Cook
14. James Simpson-Daniel
13. Henry Trinder
12. Ryan Mills
11. Jonny May
10. Freddie Burns
9. Dan Robson
1. Yann Thomas
2. Huia Edmonds
3. Shaun Knight
4. Will James
5. James Hudson
6. Tom Savage (capt)
7. Andy Hazell
8. Sione Kalamafoni
Replacements
16. Darren Dawidiuk
17. James Gibbons
18. Rupert Harden
19. Elliott Stooke
20. Gareth Evans
21. Jimmy Cowan
22. Charlie Sharples
23. Matt Kvesic

Wasps and Gloucester teams below; Really looking forward to this one now - I have a feeling we could get a win this time. In my opinion we have a clear advantage up front; Gloucester this season have so far been let down by their pack, or front five plus morgan, whereas in contrast our forwards have been really excellent and arguably let down by our backs sometimes sketchy midfield defense.
Careful what you say. This is half a different pack, with Edmonds, Knight, James and Hazell coming in. If they are rusty/still unfit, it may still be a shambles. But Knight and Edmonds certainly reinforce the front row, and James provides a little more ballast. I expect a much bigger pack performance this week.

Sale playing with 13 men atm, had 3 yellows this half so far <_<

A positive is that we're mashing Exeter's scrum. A 7 man scrum with Henry Thomas at tighthead (after Cobilas copped a team yellow for slowing the ball) shoved Exeter off their put in. Boooooom :p

Bath game was a bit of a kickfest - Kyle Eastmond told Mike Ford after the game that it's the first time that he has never touched the ball in a game.
Ford made 2... yes, 2 passes.
Not quite a classic - but not as bad as it sounds.

Bath were coasting and looked very relaxed.

Anthony Watson is looking better with every game.
I do feel frustrated for the bath backline... so talented but the conditions have been awful in pretty much every single game they've played.

Last edited:
16 - 18 in Salford.
Could've won that, but terrible discipline and terrible handling cost us dearly.
Losing bonus point is better than nothing, but I'm disappointed.

However it was good to see Cueto get another try - need to get him as far ahead as Varndell as possible while he's out injured :lol:

Watching the warriors is becoming more of a chore then a pleasure, starting to wonder why i bother paying so much money for a season ticket for a team that doesn't seem to be able win a fecking game

My thoughts entirely.....................many connections between our teams and not just the same group in the Amlin!!

Owen Williams is terrible!
I thought, last week, that he put in one of the worst performances at 10 that I've seen in the premiership in a loooooooong time, and he's carried it on tonight.

Very good performance from Harlequins - think they're starting to learn how to play with the players they've got this season, rather than those they had and have left.

Throw in their England players (though mainly Brown - with Evans back at 10, Botica on the bench) and they'll be quite good indeed.
Tim Molenaar has had a great game.

Scrum held up well enough for about an hour, when tired legs and substitutions struggled to cope with the Tigers pack. Decent showing though.

Last edited:

Latest posts