• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2013/14 Pro12] Round 18

Just pulled an interesting stat from this week's Midol,

Difference in points between 1st and the 8th placed teams in the 3 European Championships.

Premiership 1st Saracens 72 pts. 8th Gloucester 36 pts difference = 36pts.

Celtic League 1st Leinster 68 pts. 8th Connact 34 pts difference = 34pts.

TOP 14 1st Montpellier 66 pts. 8th Stade Francais 58 pts difference = 8pts.

So which Championship is the most competitive, your comments Gentlemen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My cousin's under 10's league is competitive as hell, doesn't mean I'd not rather watch paint dry on slow growing grass though.

Top 14, the league where teams don't compete away from home!

Top 14, the league where teams don't compete away from home!

have a look at last weekends results 3 away wins 2 draws, 2 home wins one with defensive bonus point that sort of puts a mockers on your ridiculous reply.!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
have a look at this weekends results 3 away wins 2 draws, 2 home wins one with defensive bonus point that sort of puts a mockers on your ridiculous reply.!!!!!!!!!!

Huh. There was 1 away win and 1 draw. The away win was the Paris derby.

Lets look at the away wins in each league

Top 14
14 teams. 11 to 12 away matches each.
25 away wins in total
(Roughly 15.5%)

Pro 12
12 teams. 7 to 10 away matches each.
35 away wins in total
(Roughly 34%)

Aviva premiership
12 teams. 9 matches each.
50 away wins in total.
(roughly 46%)

Of course stats can be misleading but take Toulouse for example. 1 win away in 12 matches! Thats the definition of not trying.

When i said last weekend it was the day 22 i was talking about mis understanding maybe, all the teams try its just very difficult to win away from home in France, when you have a very competitive Championship, this you will learn about when you have to qualify for the new H Cup instead of just showing up as in the past!!!!

True, if this year has taught the Irish provinces anything it's that it's nearly impossible to win away in France. Oh, except for Leinster in Castres. And Munster in Perpignan. And Ulster in Montpellier. Oh, and Connacht in Toulouse.

Tough place to win away is France.

Oh, and Connacht in Toulouse.
RkzEMdp.jpg

Just pulled an interesting stat from this week's Midol,

Difference in points between 1st and the 8th placed teams in the 3 European Championships.

Premiership 1st Saracens 72 pts. 8th Gloucester 36 pts difference = 36pts.

Celtic League 1st Leinster 68 pts. 8th Connact 34 pts difference = 34pts.

TOP 14 1st Montpellier 66 pts. 8th Stade Francais 58 pts difference = 8pts.

So which Championship is the most competitive, your comments Gentlemen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely the Pro 12 :)

When i said last weekend it was the day 22 i was talking about mis understanding maybe, all the teams try its just very difficult to win away from home in France, when you have a very competitive Championship, this you will learn about when you have to qualify for the new H Cup instead of just showing up as in the past!!!!

Interesting stat is even if there was the new qualification stats a Munster Leinster and Ulster would always still be qualifying so like it's not as if they're rolling over in their own league

I agree that the Irish sides are far superior to the rest of the Rabo teams but the only deifference is that when qualification becomes a necessity, the other teams up their game and this will become more difficult for the Irish teams but no doubt they will still qualify at least 2/3 out 4, this will make the Rabo a much better Championship much more competitive!!!!!.

watch all the round 18 highlights here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts