Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
rdpro12.png

Round 6 Fixtures

Zebre.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Scarlets.png

Stadio XXV Aprile, Parma (Friday, 17:30 GMT)

Ospreys.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Newport.png

Liberty Stadium, Swansea (Friday, 18:05 GMT)

Ulster.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Cardiff.png

Ravenhill, Belfast (Friday, 18:05 GMT)

Glasgow.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Munster.png

Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow (Friday, 18:35 GMT)

Edinburgh.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Benetton.png

Murrayfield, Edinburgh (Friday, 18:45 GMT)

Leinster.png
Versus_RD_Pro12.png
Connacht.png

RDS, Dublin (Saturday, 17:45 GMT)

Got a score to settle with those whesties.

Scarlets
Ospreys
Ulster
Glasgow
Edinburgh
Leinster

Wat?
This must be the worst Ospreys backline ever, or close to it. It might be worse than the four scrumhalf one last year.

15 Daniel Biggar
14 Jeff Hassler
13 Jonathan Spratt
12 Andrew Bishop
11 Eli Walker
10 Matthew Morgan
9 Tom Habberfield

1 Ryan Bevington
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Aaron Jarvis
4 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
5 James King
6 Tyler Ardron
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Morgan Allen

REPLACEMENTS
16 Scott Baldwin
17 Duncan Jones
18 Adam Jones
19 Lloyd Peers
20 Joe Bearman
21 ***o Tebaldi
22 Ben John
23 Sam Lewis

Ospreys have selected a bizarre XV for this game.

Yeah, slightly odd. I'd have thought shifting Morgan to fullback would have been a better idea, giving him space to counter attack. Saying that though, Biggar is very good under the high ball, and solid defensively.

Would have preferred to see Ben John given a crack in the centre instead of Spratt. Bishop at 12 as well, wtf.

Doesn't really matter that Adam Jones isn't starting, the Ospreys scrum will still be far superior to the Dragons'.

Yeah, slightly odd. I'd have thought shifting Morgan to fullback would have been a better idea, giving him space to counter attack. Saying that though, Biggar is very good under the high ball, and solid defensively.

Would have preferred to see Ben John given a crack in the centre instead of Spratt. Bishop at 12 as well, wtf.

Doesn't really matter that Adam Jones isn't starting, the Ospreys scrum will still be far superior to the Dragons'.

I can't work out Biggar at 15 when he's the best fly half. The secondary option is the one who needs to shift position. Matthew Morgan could counter attack with his breaks from 15, and Biggar control the game from 10.

Matthew Morgan can make breaks, but his distributing is some way off standard, as is game control. Bishop and Spratt is a rock defensively, but limited in attack. The attack doesn't look all that functional. The scrum advantage is watered down as well. Would have liked to see the Hair Bears starting as well, Bevington and Jarvis aren't on good form, this selection is giving the Dragons a sniff where there shouldn't be.

Question...what do the Hair Bears do in November to show solidarity with those taking part in Movember?

I can't work out Biggar at 15 when he's the best fly half. The secondary option is the one who needs to shift position. Matthew Morgan could counter attack with his breaks from 15, and Biggar control the game from 10.

Matthew Morgan can make breaks, but his distributing is some way off standard, as is game control. Bishop and Spratt is a rock defensively, but limited in attack. The attack doesn't look all that functional. The scrum advantage is watered down as well. Would have liked to see the Hair Bears starting as well, Bevington and Jarvis aren't on good form, this selection is giving the Dragons a sniff where there shouldn't be.

Nipper's played 15 on two or three occasions and it hasn't worked. I don't disagree with a one-game experiment with Dan to see if it works, as I'm sure it would- he's excellent under the high ball and possess nearly every key fullback skill. I suppose if anything, he creates a like-for-like option for Wales were Halfpenny to get injured. Biggar can step in to act 10 and play the corners or do the general kicking even though he's stood at fullback. I think it could be an interesting move. The centres, though. Bleh. Ben John's got a knock picked up against Leinster, apparently, but still. I hope he gets a run with Beck before the seasons' over.

Jarvis looked to make more of a difference in the scrum than Adam last week. I don't mind giving him a game, considering it'll be his first start in god knows how long, and if Adam picks up a knock, he's all we've got.

Ulster XV and replacements to face Cardiff Blues, RaboDirect PRO12, Ravenhill, Friday 25th October (kick off 19:05); (15-9): S Olding, A Trimble, J Payne, L Marshall, T Bowe, P Jackson, R Pienaar; (1-8): C Black, R Best, D Fitzpatrick, J Muller (Captain), D Tuohy, R Diack, C Henry, R Wilson; Replacements (16-23): R Herring, T Court, J Afoa, L Stevenson, M McComish, P Marshall, D Cave, M Allen.

Pretty pee'd off about that backline to be honest, not that its a bad one, but its not the strongest one and I don't think the powers that be in Ravenhill think its the strongest one. The powers that be in Dublin on the other hand...

Isn't Olding the guy people are saying will replace BOD?
How come he's at 15, whereas Payne is at 13 despite playing a butt load more 15?

Isn't Olding the guy people are saying will replace BOD?
How come he's at 15, whereas Payne is at 13 despite playing a butt load more 15?

I don't know what everyone else has been saying but...

Olding could replace O'Driscoll. He's not the biggest, but he is physical and brave, and he has just about everything else in spades - not short of toe, ridiculous step, out-half's distribution and so on. He looked good for the Ireland U20s there and has stood up to bigger players than himself.

Payne will replace O'Driscoll. That is about as sure a thing as it can be. Hence this positional move. Which is almost assuredly not Anscombe's idea.

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney
14: Fergus McFadden
13: Luke Fitzgerald
12: Noel Reid
11: Dave Kearney
10: Ian Madigan
9: Eoin Reddan

1: Jack McGrath
2: Sean Cronin
3: Michael Bent
4: Devin Toner
5: Quinn Roux
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Aaron Dundon
17: Jack O'Connell
18: Martin Moore
19: Mike McCarthy
20: Shane Jennings
21: Isaac Boss
22: Jimmy Gopperth
23: Zane Kirchner

Madigan at 10 and Luke Fitz at 13. Nom nom nom.

I'm very happy with that team. It's good that we're taking this fixture as seriously as possible. I want to see a lot more attacking intent from the boys and that back line certainly has the potential to cut loose. Noel Reid is a bit flakey but he's got a lot of talent and experience around him so he should do okay. Bit worried about the prospect of Dave McSharry running down his channel but hey ho. Serious looking pack too. Interested to see how Michael Bent gets on with the new scrum laws. Shame Dundon didn't get the start.

/Disjointed post.

I also really like that team, would've liked to have Kirchner starting but Joe's orders overrule that it seems. The back-line has potential to tear Connacht apart hoping we see some good attacking play as it's been lacking in H-cup.

Going to stay in and watch the Ulster vs Cardiff game. One feels that Cardiff will be suffering more of a European hangover than the northerners. Home win you'd imagine.

Those Cardiff jerseys are absolutely excellent by the way.

Their back row has a good look about it. With Copeland carrying and Warburton competing on the deck they should prove a good match for Diack, Henry and Wilson. Ulster look a lot better in the backs.

CONNACHT:
15: Gavin Duffy
14: Tiernan O'Halloran
13: Robbie Henshaw
12: Craig Ronaldson
11: Matt Healy
10: Dan Parks
9: Kieran Marmion

1: Brett Wilkinson
2: Sean Henry
3: Rodney Ah You
4: Michael Swift CAPTAIN
5: Craig Clarke
6: Mata Fifita
7: Jake Heenan
8: George Naoupu

REPLACEMENTS:
16: Dave Heffernan
17: JP Cooney
18: Ronan Loughney
19: Aly Muldowney
20: Andrew Browne
21: Paul O'Donohoe
22: Darragh Leader
23: Fionn Carr

So you don't have to worry about McSharry Feic especially as he's been injured for ages.

Very interested to see how Fitzy gets on.

Latest posts