2013 Ashes series

Amobokoboko

Waikato Junglist
Country Flag
Belgium
Club or Nation
Chiefs
Morning gentlemen,

Only a few weeks before the first test kicks off. As the Ashes are considered one of the biggest events in cricket, this topic deserves its own proper thread.

Investec_ashes_series_1213.jpg

England:

England looked very dangerous during the test series vs NZ. And they continue(d) their fine form during the ICC Championship trophy. Their batting line up is very strong with the likes of Cook, Trott, Root. Their bowling is lethal with Broad, Bresnan and Anderson. Especially Anderson deserved man of the match award after the game vs NZ last week. Great piece of fielding and bowling.

Australia:

With the loss of Mike Hussey and the injury of their skipper Clarke, Australia is facing a difficult task. Clarke is doing everything within reach to get fit on time but will this be sufficient to regain his old form and stay fit throughout the series? When looking at their results during the ICC Championship trophy it has to be said that they are under preforming. Yes they do have injuries, but also plenty of quality. I'm hoping to see Haddin, Wade and Maxwell to step up and provide the necessary runs. I still don't understand why they didn't include Mitchell Johnson in their squad. For me one of the better Australian players during the ICC Championship campaign. A very good bowler and comfortable with the bat.

I'm seeing England keeping the Ashes and I might even go that far to say a 4-1 or 5-0 victory for the Poms.

What are your thoughts?

Looking forward to it immensely. I'm going to day 1 of the Old Trafford Test with my brother which I'm excited for.

Confident of an England win but really don't think its going to be as one sided as many people think it will be. Australia have some good players and many of then have spent time playing in England in the county scene so conditions wont be totally alien.

Latest posts