• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2014-15 IRB(HSBC) Sevens World Series(Gold Coast)

Beerfalo

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
Club or Nation
Wolf Pack
The SWS is once again almost upon us. The Series starts next month at Australia's Gold Coast and the pools have been announced. Hopefully they get better turnouts than they do for the Wallabies.

http://www.irbsevens.com/destinatio...id=2072958.html#pools+drawn+gold+coast+sevens

Pool A: New Zealand, Samoa, France, Japan

Pool B: South Africa, Kenya, Wales, American Samoa

Pool C: Fiji, Australia, Scotland, Portugal

Pool D: England, Canada, Argentina, USA

I'm pretty excited for the start of another SWS campaign. I definitely prefer the 15 man code but I do enjoy rugby 7's. After finishing an impressive 6th overall at the end of last season Canada has a lot of pressure on them despite Australia whisking away our coach, Geraint John. Canada has been getting a good amount of rugby 7's funding(for Men and Women) through Canada's Own The Podium thing thanks to it being an Olympic sport so I have high hopes for our future in it.

As for the draws, I think Pool D is the most unpredictable. England is world class and should finish at the top of the pool but I don't know how 2-4 will play out as Canada, Argentina and USA should all be able to knock the other two off while having potential to steal a win from England. Pool A seems the most predictable in that it should end in the same order it was drawn. Pools B and C should have good fights for positions 1-3 but I think American Samoa and Portugal are destined for bottom of the pools and the table.

The SWS is once again almost upon us. The Series starts next month at Australia's Gold Coast and the pools have been announced. Hopefully they get better turnouts than they do for the Wallabies.

http://www.irbsevens.com/destinatio...id=2072958.html#pools+drawn+gold+coast+sevens

Pool A: New Zealand, Samoa, France, Japan

Pool B: South Africa, Kenya, Wales, American Samoa

Pool C: Fiji, Australia, Scotland, Portugal

Pool D: England, Canada, Argentina, USA

I'm pretty excited for the start of another SWS campaign. I definitely prefer the 15 man code but I do enjoy rugby 7's. After finishing an impressive 6th overall at the end of last season Canada has a lot of pressure on them despite Australia whisking away our coach, Geraint John. Canada has been getting a good amount of rugby 7's funding(for Men and Women) through Canada's Own The Podium thing thanks to it being an Olympic sport so I have high hopes for our future in it.

As for the draws, I think Pool D is the most unpredictable. England is world class and should finish at the top of the pool but I don't know how 2-4 will play out as Canada, Argentina and USA should all be able to knock the other two off while having potential to steal a win from England. Pool A seems the most predictable in that it should end in the same order it was drawn. Pools B and C should have good fights for positions 1-3 but I think American Samoa and Portugal are destined for bottom of the pools and the table.

NZ's comp I think!

This thing is getting ever more unpredictable as there are no more easy beats. Cool to see American Samoa there. With the 2016 Olympics around the corner it's cool SA has another medal chance; so few ATM.

New Zealand had a solid opening day, but were pushed a bit by Samoa in their final match.

Highlight of the day for me was this:

Last edited by a moderator:
All Blacks Sevens have gone down 31-7 to England in cup quarter-final. :eek:

Latest posts