iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
Canada.png
To be honest i'm quite surprised no-one (especially @LittleGuy) hasn't made this thread yet but i'm not sure if you have talked about this in your little Canadian thread but i thought that was more aimed at the Canadian Rugby Championship so i'd just thought i'd make this thread in this section to aimed at Canada's Autumn Tests series as we cant really leave you out of it, hope its ok as i really do like Canada quite abit.

I shouldn't have made this as i dont really know what happens in the mid-year tests for canada but if i remember they got unlucky against Scotland and Japan (from a scot i thought we were going to lose that match). I will tell you Jebb Sinclair's red card wasn't a red. and yeah thats all i know :( But i can tell you that Canada will have a good back line, With Jeff Hassler on the wing, and DTH Van Der Merwe who is playing really well at Glasgow atm, and James Pritchard at fullback with Taylor Paris as a backup for the wing's.If there is anything i should add here them please mention and i'll edit it.

For canada's squad for the autumn test they called up 3 new capped players who are Seb Pearson (Flanker), Richard Thorpe (Flanker), and Jordan Wilson-Ross(Fullback) and here is the full squad:

Hookers: Ray Barkwill (Ontario Blues), Aaron Carpenter (Cornish Pirates), Ryan Hamilton (BC Bears)
Props: Hubert Buydens (Manawatu Turbos), Jake Illnicki (NSW Country Eagles), Jason Marshall (Hawkes Bay), Andrew Tiedemann (Plymouth Albion), Doug Wooldridge (Ontario Blues)
Locks: Brett Buekeboom (Plymouth Albion), Jamie Cudmore (Clermont), Tyler Hotson (Doncaster Knights), Jon Phelan (Atlantic Rock)
Backrows: Nanyak Dala (Prairie Wolf Pack), Kyle Gilmour (Prairie Wolf Pack), John Moonlight (Ontario Blues), Seb Pearson (Ontario Blues), Jebb Sinclair (London Irish), Tyler Ardron (c) (Ospreys), Richard Thorpe (London Welsh)
Srcum-Halfs: Jamie Mackenzie (Ontario Blues), Gordon McRorie (Prairie Wolf Pack), Sean White (BC Bears)
Fly-Halfs: Connor Braid (Glasgow Warriors), Pat Parfrey (Atlantic Rock)
Centre's: Nick Blevins (Prairie Wolf Pack), Ciaran Hearn (Atlantic Rock), Conor Trainor (BC Bears)
Backline: Sean Duke (BC Bears), Jeff Hassler (Ospreys), Taylor Paris (Agen), D. T. H. van der Merwe (Glasgow Warriors), James Pritchard (Bedford Blues), Jordan Wilson-Ross (Ontario Blues)

And this is the fixture list for Canada's autumn test's:
RFU Championship XV vs Canada
2 November 2014, 15:15 GMT (UTC+0)
Sixways Stadium, Worcester, England
Referee: RFU Appointment (England)

Canada vs Namibia
7 November 2014, 19:00 GMT (UTC+0)
Eirias Park, Colwyn Bay, Wales
Referee: Stuart Berry (South Africa)

Samoa vs Canada
14 November 2014, 19:00 CET (UTC+1)
Stade de la Rabine, Vannes, France
Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)

Romania vs Canada
22 November 2014, 18:30 EET (UTC+2)
Stadionul Arcul de Triumf, Bucharest, Romania
Referee: Nick Briant (New Zealand)

Thanks for getting this started Scotty, you were correct we'd just sort of been using our general chat page to discuss the tour.

I would think DTH will actually be used at the Centres rather than the wing Scotty. Though a lot of the backs are interchangable, Braid can play pretty much every single position for example and so can Hearn.

My best possible side from this team....

1. Buydens
2. Carpenter
3. Marshall
4. Cudmore
5. Hotson
6. Sinclair
7. Moonlight(possibly Thorpe if he fits well in the Canadian setup)
8. Ardron
9. McRorie
10. Braid
11. Paris
12. Hearn(or Trainor)
13. Van de Merwe
14. Hassler
15. Pritchard

16. Illnicki
17. Barkwill
18. Tieddemann(or Wooldridge)
19. Buekeboom
20. Dala
21. White
22. Parfrey
23. Duke

Thanks for getting this started Scotty, you were correct we'd just sort of been using our general chat page to discuss the tour.

I would think DTH will actually be used at the Centres rather than the wing Scotty. Though a lot of the backs are interchangable, Braid can play pretty much every single position for example and so can Hearn.

My best possible side from this team....

1. Buydens
2. Carpenter
3. Marshall
4. Cudmore
5. Hotson
6. Sinclair
7. Moonlight(possibly Thorpe if he fits well in the Canadian setup)
8. Ardron
9. McRorie
10. Braid
11. Paris
12. Hearn(or Trainor)
13. Van de Merwe
14. Hassler
15. Pritchard

16. Illnicki
17. Barkwill
18. Tieddemann(or Wooldridge)
19. Buekeboom
20. Dala
21. White
22. Parfrey
23. Duke
well im glad to know its ok :) i hope canada face Italy soon i wonder how that game will go, it be interesting and since italy are struggling it could be a Canada win against a tier 1 nation

By their selections of locks, it definetly looks like Sincliar will play 6, but who will play 8? Ardron is still out injured apparently with the Ospreys, will he be healthy in time? That could be a big reason why they have selected Thorpe, apparently he can play, averagely, anywhere in the backrow.

By their selections of locks, it definetly looks like Sincliar will play 6, but who will play 8? Ardron is still out injured apparently with the Ospreys, will he be healthy in time? That could be a big reason why they have selected Thorpe, apparently he can play, averagely, anywhere in the backrow.
even though they listed Carpenter at hooker he might have to play some games at 8 if Ardron isn't fit or maybe Jebb at 8 if he can play there

I'm guessing Buydens or Pritch will handle the captaincy if Ardron is out? Not that I've been a fan of Ardron being captain as you guys know regardless of his injury status.

That's another possibility Scotty, Carpenter moving to 8 and Hamilton coming into the lineup. Sinclair can play 8 as well, and Dala could start, there are options, I'd rather not have Pearson start.

I'm guessing Buydens or Pritch will handle the captaincy if Ardron is out? Not that I've been a fan of Ardron being captain as you guys know regardless of his injury status.

That's another possibility Scotty, Carpenter moving to 8 and Hamilton coming into the lineup. Sinclair can play 8 as well, and Dala could start, there are options, I'd rather not have Pearson start.

Nah, Carpenter's a 2 full time now it's counter productive to mess him about and there's far more back up in the back row than there is in the front row especially with Thorpe arriving.

Did anyone find out how Thorpe is eligible? I'm assuming grandparent, but haven't seen it listed anywhere.

I believe Mark over on BC Rugby News did:

Apparently the Langford crew don't need domestic player development and scouting when they have ancestry.com on the laptop.

Good news(at least in my mind) and Bad news, Buydens has replaced Ardron as captain for this tour, but that's due to Ardron being unavailable for what look like at least the first two games. Buydens will captain even if Ardron returns to action in any of the four games.

Not our choice to. In order to get three decent games we're playing Samoa and Namibia while they're on tour as well. Can't exactly hit Europe, Africa and the middle of the Pacific on one tour.

Last edited:
CANADA'S STARTING ROSTER TO FACE CHAMPIONSHIP XV:

1- Hubert Buydens – Captain (Unattached/Prairie Wolf Pack) Saskatoon, SK

2- Ray Barkwill – (Niagara Wasps RFC/Ontario Blues) Niagara Falls, ON

3- Andrew Tiedemann – (Plymouth Albion/Prairie Wolf Pack) St. Albert, AB

4- Tyler Hotson – (Doncaster Knights) Vancouver, BC

5- Brett Buekeboom – (Plymouth Albion) Lindsay, ON

6- Kyle Gilmour – (St. Albert RFC/Prairie Wolf Pack) St. Albert, AB

7- Nanyak Dala – (Castaway Wanderers/Prairie Wolf Pack) Regina, SK

8- John Moonlight – (James Bay AA/Ontario Blues) Pickering, ON

9- Gordon McRorie – (Calgary Hornets/Prairie Wolf Pack) Calgary, AB

10- Patrick Parfrey – (Swilers RFC/Atlantic Rock) St. Johns, NL