• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] England vs South Africa

England played such a good game against us. Thought some more yellow cards should go Englands way but that might just be my South African vision ;)

edit: Father went to the game :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, Bokkes, but the right way to pronounce Coetzee is: catzí.

I know because Nobel Price of Literacy JM Coetzee came to Bs As this year and someone made a vine with him saying it well.

You're welcome, world.
Cootsee, oo as in 'boot, foot' etc and 'ee' as in 'beer, deer'

So what's the general idea here on what Lancaster should do for the Australia test and then for the 6N presuming everyone is fit ?

My feeling is an obvious change at fly half and I'd love to see Launchbury come in at 6 once he is fit again ?

Drop Farrell?

Look at Cook and Robson. Could be an idea. Bring Cipriani in!

Fill the centres with some kind of confidence?

Drop Farrell?

Look at Cook and Robson. Could be an idea. Bring Cipriani in!

Fill the centres with some kind of confidence?

I've actually been pretty impressed with the centres considering we are without Tuilagi and Burrell . Farrell stifles the play so they are feeding off crumbs .

No one talks at 9 and 10. The Scrummie is getting no guidance and the centres are getting sod all.

Sorry but yes it's the 10s fault.

The problem is....no matter what side runs out against Samoa and even if Ford or whoever has a sublime game....deep down we all know the side that will run out against Australia and who will start at 10.

And that's the worrying aspect of all this.

The problem is....no matter what side runs out against Samoa and even if Ford or whoever has a sublime game....deep down we all know the side that will run out against Australia and who will start at 10.

And that's the worrying aspect of all this.

Yep that is the problem .....

Yep that is the problem .....

...and what Lancaster has said....team still developing...no panic....nott lose nerve.....not deviate from coure we are on.....blah blaah blah!!!!!

Bet the tickets to watch England at the RWC quarters are looking dear now if you paid for them and find you are going to be watching Wales......................!!!

...and what Lancaster has said....team still developing...no panic....nott lose nerve.....not deviate from coure we are on.....blah blaah blah!!!!!

Bet the tickets to watch England at the RWC quarters are looking dear now if you paid for them and find you are going to be watching Wales......................!!!

Meh . We have lost against the best 2 teams in the world collectively by 5 points . Wales haven't played them yet .....

I'll save my judgement for 2 weeks time .

The disappointment comes from the way we played and that both games were within grasp and we played poorly in both imo

Meh . We have lost against the best 2 teams in the world collectively by 5 points
Just on this, it sounds ok on paper but in neither game did England have a shot at winning in the last 5 minutes. You're right to wait until the end of the series but if Australia beat you by 1, 2 or 3 points it's a disaster, not a case of we lost to the top three teams in the world by 6, 7 or 8 points. Two wins are essential for England otherwise the pressure keeps growing into the 6 nations which isn't good at all.

Just on this, it sounds ok on paper but in neither game did England have a shot at winning in the last 5 minutes. You're right to wait until the end of the series but if Australia beat you by 1, 2 or 3 points it's a disaster, not a case of we lost to the top three teams in the world by 6, 7 or 8 points. Two wins are essential for England otherwise the pressure keeps growing into the 6 nations which isn't good at all.

Maybe but all forgotten if we beat Wales in Cardiff . Rugby is a strange game and can turn on its head in an instance . Like I said before the performance is more important that anything but we played crap and were still within arms reach by the end ....

Meh . We have lost against the best 2 teams in the world collectively by 5 points . Wales haven't played them yet .....

I'll save my judgement for 2 weeks time .

The disappointment comes from the way we played and that both games were within grasp and we played poorly in both imo

Not terribly relevant to be honest, and stop bringing Wales into it, it'll only derail the thread!

Our performance against New Zealand was better than yesterdays showing. Yesterday was a massive massive game for England and we were not able to step up, against probably the poorest Bok showing against us for many years.

What will 2 weeks time do to make this situation positive? The only way we can emerge in credit from this tour is to beat Australia with lotsof room to spare, scoring some excellent tries in the process with our backs. Given our set-piece is strong at present, we should expect to win. But it won't be very meaningful to win narrowly as Cmac points out, nor will it be particularly telling to win because of a big forward effort.

Not terribly relevant to be honest, and stop bringing Wales into it, it'll only derail the thread!

Our performance against New Zealand was better than yesterdays showing. Yesterday was a massive massive game for England and we were not able to step up, against probably the poorest Bok showing against us for many years.

What will 2 weeks time do to make this situation positive? The only way we can emerge in credit from this tour is to beat Australia with lotsof room to spare, scoring some excellent tries in the process with our backs. Given our set-piece is strong at present, we should expect to win. But it won't be very meaningful to win narrowly as Cmac points out, nor will it be particularly telling to win because of a big forward effort.

I bought wales into it because they are our first game in the 6N and cmac mentioned taking this pressure into it . All I mentioned was winning the first game of the 6N well and all this pressure will be gone for the short term . If we win the next 2 games well we will be off and away again

I bought wales into it because they are our first game in the 6N and cmac mentioned taking this pressure into it . All I mentioned was winning the first game of the 6N well and all this pressure will be gone for the short term . If we win the next 2 games well we will be off and away again

Off and away where, though? How can we demonstrate progress without winning games we were losing a year or two years, ago?

The best we can hope for is to equal the total of autumn wins from previous years, and that's only if we beat both Samoa and Oz. The only way to show proper improvement now in the six nations is by winning a grand slam. And that ain't likely given the away games in Cardiff and Dublin.

Off and away where, though? How can we demonstrate progress without winning games we were losing a year or two years, ago?

The best we can hope for is to equal the total of autumn wins from previous years, and that's only if we beat both Samoa and Oz. The only way to show proper improvement now in the six nations is by winning a grand slam. And that ain't likely given the away games in Cardiff and Dublin.

I was mainly explaining why I was mentioning wales tbh ;) look we aren't far away to be fair . The only thing holding us back imo is Lancasters stubbornness to pick the same failing players over and over . Bring ford in see what happens . If and I know it's a big if but say ford come in plays amazing and we win the last 2 comfortably it's Farrells fault he's gone we move on to the 6N with ford at the helm . I'm expecting Farrell to play inside centre though and ruin the game from there :D

Latest posts