• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 EOYT] England vs South Africa

England still have time to "right the ship" before the RWC, and no one is taking England lightly on the back of these results ... probably need to give the other options at 10 a decent run though, even if it's only to cover for potential injuries

Was hoping to pick up a ticket for next week. Touts have got hold of them though and are selling for 90+. It's getting worse, nearly impossible to pick up a reasonably priced ticket at twickenham.

It's unfortunate, but until touting becomes illegal it's going to be inevitable.

England are history for the next RWC, Lancaster has lost the plot.
England's players are plenty good enough to win the RWC as a squad but the coach is looking increasingly lost and I don't believe Andy Farrell is helping matters.
The players are young and will be more dangerous in 5 years time. This one may be too soon for them and the management is looking like the tinker man.
England were woeful against Saffrica in the first half, just woeful.
The players are better than that performance but the tactics and the coaching are surely to be drawn under the spotlight.

Also, I'm tired of the injuries excuses from England management, its a smoke screen for failure.
All teams have injuries and the northern hemisphere teams are bringing on fresh reserves that have not had long seasons already.
Enough with the injury excuses already.

England are history for the next RWC, Lancaster has lost the plot.
England's players are plenty good enough to win the RWC as a squad but the coach is looking increasingly lost and I don't believe Andy Farrell is helping matters.
The players are young and will be more dangerous in 5 years time. This one may be too soon for them and the management is looking like the tinker man.
England were woeful against Saffrica in the first half, just woeful.
The players are better than that performance but the tactics and the coaching are surely to be drawn under the spotlight.

Also, I'm tired of the injuries excuses from England management, its a smoke screen for failure.
All teams have injuries and the northern hemisphere teams are bringing on fresh reserves that have not had long seasons already.
Enough with the injury excuses already.

Our injuries is a poor excuse as we have adequate depth. The issue is in our attacking play and the only injury there is tuilagi. Not really a pivotal role in the team.

Our injuries is a poor excuse as we have adequate depth. The issue is in our attacking play and the only injury there is tuilagi. Not really a pivotal role in the team.

Can't agree. Launchbury is the most important player at our attacking breakdown and, coincidentally, that's been a bit dodgy. Corbs is a better carrier than Marler (ditto Vunipola if we feel like risking him from the bench) while Croft is our best support runner. I'm still plenty ready to criticise our half-backs, but they've been offered very little decent stuff to work with.

We can keep sticking on decent players in the pack seemingly ad infinitum, but we don't have replacements for the special talents that allow us to play the way we're used to. Still a poor excuse as everyone gets injuries and its all about overcoming that, but we'd have some heavy ones. I more or less gave up hope for this series when I heard that Launchbury was out. Regained a little when I saw how badly South Africa had been felched by injury as well.

Launchbury is over rated, thats a fact, he is massive and committed and good enough to be in the squad but for real... give me Courtenay Lawes and Geoff Parling any day as starters. Attwood is ahead of Launchburty in quality, Lunchburied is a workhorse but he doesn't show any of the flair the other guys in the squad have in abundance.
Attributing Englands loss to his absence??????
Jesus wept.

Look at Lancaster and see what his game plan was to beat Saffrica, at home.
It looked clueless to me.
I like Owen Farrell but his Dad is passed his used by date.

Launchbury is over rated, thats a fact, he is massive and committed and good enough to be in the squad but for real... give me Courtenay Lawes and Geoff Parling any day as starters. Attwood is ahead of Launchburty in quality, Lunchburied is a workhorse but he doesn't show any of the flair the other guys in the squad have in abundance.
Jesus wept.

funny-pictures-auto-dog-kill-380463.jpeg

Ha Ha ok.
Launchbury is a fine player, I'm not disputing that, but Parling and Lawes are definitely a step ahead in quality and Attwood is knocking on the door.
Besides England has a veritable conveyerbelt of quality locks and props, his absence had no bearing on the strategy or coaching angle that produced a woeful first half effort.

Gotta say I've read the first sentence of every one of Jones boys replies there obvious attempt to get a draw out of England fans and quite frankly boring . Presumably you watch a handful of England games at most and attempt to tell us England fans what's wrong and how to fix it even though you probably never watch the AP ....

Stick to what you know or risk making yourself look a fool ....

I would go as far as saying Launchbury is our best player.

Gotta say I've read the first sentence of every one of Jones boys replies there obvious attempt to get a draw out of England fans and quite frankly boring . Presumably you watch a handful of England games at most and attempt to tell us England fans what's wrong and how to fix it even though you probably never watch the AP ....

Stick to what you know or risk making yourself look a fool ....

HEs not trying to get a draw, he's just an absolute moron who doesn't know a great deal about the sport but also thinks that, because he's an All-black fan, he can stroll on over here and his 2 cents will be taken as highly significant.

Jesus wept.

Look at Lancaster and see what his game plan was to beat Saffrica, at home.
It looked clueless to me.
I like Owen Farrell but his Dad is passed his used by date.

JcFH9ZO.gif

Latest posts