iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
United%20States.png
Well I may aswell finish off the collection of EOYT Threads, i think the USA are the last one to do. So far its been up and down for the United States, they started off the year with 2015 RWC qualifying game against Uruguay, they draw in the first leg in Uruguay and won the second game comfortably. They started the mid-year tests with a 20,000 attendance on a hot day in Texas playing Scotland but lost 6 - 24. Then the United States lost to Japan with Scully scoring a hat-trick. Then the United States went on with winning in a close game against Canada which is a good way to end they're summer tours.

For they're autumn tests they called up 6 players to earn they're first cap's. They include Angus Maclellan (Prop), Benjamin Tarr (Prop), Greg Peterson (Lock), Matt Trouville (Flanker), John Cullen (Number 8) and Tim Stanfill (Wing).

So the full 35 man roster looks like:
Hooker: Tom Coolican (Sydney Stars), Phil Thiel (Life University)
Props: Eric Fry (Newcastle Falcons), Olive Kilifi (Seattle Saracens), Angus Maclellan (Davenport University), Mate Moeakiola (Avenir Castanéen), Benjamin Tarr (Souths Rugby), Nicholas Wallace (Glendale Raptors)
Lock: Samu Manoa (Northampton Saints), Greg Peterson (North Harbour Rays), Hayden Smith (Saracens), Louis Stanfill (Seattle Saracens), Tai Tuisamoa (London Scottish)
Backrow: Todd Clever (c) (NTT Shining Arcs), Scott LaValla (Stade Français), John Quill (Dolphin RFC), Kyle Sumsion (Brigham Young Uni.), Matt Trouville (Seattle Saracens), Danny Barrett (USA Sevens), John Cullen (Seattle Saracens), Cam Dolan (Northampton Saints)
Scrum-Halfs: Mike Petri (New York Athletic Club RFC)
Fly-Halfs: Adam Siddall (Old Blue), Shalom Suniula (Seattle Saracens)
Centres: Troy Hall (New York Athletic Club RFC), Seamus Kelly (Unattached), Folau Niua (USA Sevens), Thretton Palamo (Saracens), Andrew Suniula (Old Blue)
Back-Line: Tim Maupin (Trinity), Takudzwa Ngwenya (Biarritz), Blaine Scully (Leicester Tigers), Tim Stanfill (Seattle Saracens), Brett Thompson (Edinburgh Rugby), Chris Wyles (Saracens)

And they're fixture list for the Autumn tests looks like:
United States vs New Zealand
1 November 2014, 14:30 CDT (UTC-05)
Soldier Field, Chicago, United States
Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)

Romania vs United States
8 November 2014, 18:30 EET (UTC+2)
Stadionul Arcul de Triumf, Bucharest, Romania
Referee: Leighton Hodges (Wales)

Tonga vs United States
15 November 2014, 16:45 GMT (UTC+0)
Kingsholm Stadium, Gloucester, England
Referee: Mike Fraser (New Zealand)

Fiji vs United States
21 November 2014, 19:00 CET (UTC+1)
Stade de la Rabine, Vannes, France
Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)​

With many of their Aviva players only being available for the first game of the tour this could be a LONG EYOT for the Eagles, I really only see them having a chance at beating Romania and even that might be a challenge with the Oaks massive advantage in the set pieces especially the scrum.

I'd think 1-3 is about the best they can hope for while possibly finding some gems amongst some of the younger players they've called up for the other three.

Still the centre piece of that massive crowd for the All Blacks game should be an important occasion for the game in the States. It will crush the North American attendance record for rugby(have the Argies ever had 60,000+ out for a game?)

With many of their Aviva players only being available for the first game of the tour this could be a LONG EYOT for the Eagles, I really only see them having a chance at beating Romania and even that might be a challenge with the Oaks massive advantage in the set pieces especially the scrum.

I'd think 1-3 is about the best they can hope for while possibly finding some gems amongst some of the younger players they've called up for the other three.

Still the centre piece of that massive crowd for the All Blacks game should be an important occasion for the game in the States. It will crush the North American attendance record for rugby(have the Argies ever had 60,000+ out for a game?)

Argentina had a 65,000 crowd against Australia in River Plate Stadium in 2002, 60,000 against South Africa in 2000 and 59,000 against New Zealand in 2001. I think there is a good chance the USA game will be the second highest attendance in Americas history.

Last edited by a moderator:
After his great tries against Romania and Fiji - I wonder if Ngwenya has put himself firmly back in place for a RWC spot? (Romania try is up above cause I can't double post or add 2 videos).

The guy he beat - Tikoirotuma is very quick and certainly not a bad defender..

After his great tries against Romania and Fiji - I wonder if Ngwenya has put himself firmly back in place for a RWC spot? (Romania try is up above cause I can't double post or add 2 videos).

The guy he beat - Tikoirotuma is very quick and certainly not a bad defender..

The coaching regime doesn't like him, I was surprised he even got a recall.

Latest posts