• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Test] Argentina vs. Ireland 07/06/14

So Cave had a so so performance at 13, no new guys really putting their hands up. Jones, Marshall, Murphy, Diack were all pretty poor.

How the heck was Diack poor? What game were you watching? If you're basing that on one missed opportunity then that's ridiculous..

the Pumas B should separate from Argentina and create their own internationally recognized entity and compete in the World Cup. They'd beat the fk out of Namibia and Russia and co. for sure.

the Pumas B should separate from Argentina and create their own internationally recognized entity and compete in the World Cup. They'd beat the fk out of Namibia and Russia and co. for sure.

But then Argentina A wouldn't have their starting halfbacks.

Shambolic performance from Ireland. Henderson the pick of the bunch. Luke Marshall didn't have a good game, either did Zebo, Jordi Murphy, Felix Jones and most of the pack were average. It was the worst defensive display in a long time. They just couldn't be bothered. Lets remember that this Argentina side are only semi pros. They were knackered near the end but still scored a try.

Lineouts and scrums went well. The only positive.

How the heck was Diack poor? What game were you watching? If you're basing that on one missed opportunity then that's ridiculous..

He was merely ok, good on him for getting an Ireland cap but the guy will never be international quality. He's the Kevin Mclaughlin of Ulster.

Changes for the second test? I'd go with this team:

Kearney, McFadden, Cave, Marshall, Zebo, Madigan, Murray; McGrath, Best, Ross, Toner, Henderson, Ruddock, Murphy, Heaslip. Subs: Herring, Kilcoyne, Ah You, O'Connell, Diack, Marmion, Sexton/Keatley, Trimble.

Chris Henry, Andrew Trimble and Paul O'Connell get a well deserved rest after a tough season. Rob Kearney comes in for the ineffective Felix Jones. Luke Marshall keeps his place so he can bed in a centre partnership for Ireland despite a poor performance. Ian Madigan gets in at 10 because Ireland badly need flyhalf cover ahead of the World Cup. The replacement frontrow come on after about 50 minutes. Ian Henderson showed up well alongside the experienced Paul O'Connell and now gets a shot alongside a second row with less of an aura. Murphy stays in the backrow because of his ball carrying ability (an area where Rhys Ruddock isn't the strongest). Jamie Heaslip captains the team from 8 but Robbie Diack gets a solid 25 minutes off the bench in his stead.

Changes for the second test? I'd go with this team:

Kearney, McFadden, Cave, Marshall, Zebo, Madigan, Murray; McGrath, Best, Ross, Toner, Henderson, Ruddock, Murphy, Heaslip. Subs: Herring, Kilcoyne, Ah You, O'Connell, Diack, Marmion, Sexton/Keatley, Trimble.

Chris Henry, Andrew Trimble and Paul O'Connell get a well deserved rest after a tough season. Rob Kearney comes in for the ineffective Felix Jones. Luke Marshall keeps his place so he can bed in a centre partnership for Ireland despite a poor performance. Ian Madigan gets in at 10 because Ireland badly need flyhalf cover ahead of the World Cup. The replacement frontrow come on after about 50 minutes. Ian Henderson showed up well alongside the experienced Paul O'Connell and now gets a shot alongside a second row with less of an aura. Murphy stays in the backrow because of his ball carrying ability (an area where Rhys Ruddock isn't the strongest). Jamie Heaslip captains the team from 8 but Robbie Diack gets a solid 25 minutes off the bench in his stead.

Keatley isn't on tour Snoop

But then Argentina A wouldn't have their starting halfbacks.

that's alright we'll get em 55 yo Contepomi back for FH, and for the SH....mmmm...we'll send them Michal.......no nothing. I have no solution for SH. They just play with 14 players, and play really, really hard, that's the spirit.

Argentine football supporters now are saying:

"Another dignified defeat" (sarcastically, of course)

"Pumas always lose"

And other stupids things. Can you believe it? They are soooo stupid.

I hope that Argetina will not win the next FIFA WC, I hate the f**king football supporters.

Argentine football supporters now are saying:

"Another dignified defeat" (sarcastically, of course)

"Pumas always lose"

And other stupids things. Can you believe it? They are soooo stupid.

I hope that Argetina will not win the next FIFA WC, I hate the f**king football supporters.

The irony of this post is fυcking fantastic.

Was today an official international window? If so, how comes the Argies were depleted of their euro boys?

Was today an official international window? If so, how comes the Argies were depleted of their euro boys?

It's old. 2 years ago the UAR agreed with European clubs don't call their players for the June window in exchange for calling them for TRC

Thanks Conrad.

Well that will only improve the argies pool of players and domestic league. I haven't seen the stats but the scorline was close enough to give the argies optimism.

Latest posts