• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Test] South Africa vs Wales (2nd Test)

it's because of his last name, he's wise to be strict so nobody could blame him for bias.....
Better to laugh about it than not to man !

Wales closed this out very badly anyways, they still could've won it and their forwards did a great job right after the penalty try was awarded. No patience there....they DO have an issue with the waning moments of games...

Not saying he's biased, I'm just saying he's uselessly inconsistent... There's no wonder so many Unions and clubs have put in complaints about him! It's just frustrating as it felt like he did not give Wales the same level of warning as he did SA. Plus it's hard not to feel hard done by when 3 out of their 4 tries came from him (2 directly and one indirectly), justified or not it's always gonna be controversial!

Haha give me a few hours and I might feel a bit better about it, as it was a much better performance, miles better in fact.

On a side note, anyone else notice that North did bugger all throughout the game? Only thing that I can think of is that maybe he's fit but still not 100% after his illness so they tried to keep him mostly out of the game. Seems a bit daft if that was the case, as we lost an attacking threat and silly to field a player and not use him!

Not saying he's biased, I'm just saying he's uselessly inconsistent... There's no wonder so many Unions and clubs have put in complaints about him! It's just frustrating as it felt like he did not give Wales the same level of warning as he did SA. Plus it's hard not to feel hard done by when 3 out of their 4 tries came from him (2 directly and one indirectly), justified or not it's always gonna be controversial!

Haha give me a few hours and I might feel a bit better about it, as it was a much better performance, miles better in fact.

will you start getting jokes too in a few hours ? (as crappy as they may be...)

People are booing to Biggar in the kicks. Too many soccer supporters at the stadium?

Nah it's just Nelspruit.. ;)

The Welsh played really well, I was convinced we were going to lose there.

I don't think any specific player played ****e for the Bokke, it was a team thing. It always happens after we get a big win, the players arrive with a kind of attitude that they don't need to play. You could see everything was being done half heartedly, they weren't sharp.

Hopefully a big wake up call to them.

Willie scored, so I'm not as unhappy as I would have been.

EDIT:

Flip vd Merwe trying to get his own record of yellow cards and making things difficult for his teammates? I'd much rather start Lood de Jager, how many more chances must Flip get?

EDITEDIT:

7 players released for their overseas club including Bakkies, Habana, Morne Steyn and Francois Louw.

We should see quite an interesting line-up for the game against Scotland.

Last edited:
Nah it's just Nelspruit.. ;)

The Welsh played really well, I was convinced we were going to lose there.

I don't think any specific player played ****e for the Bokke, it was a team thing. It always happens after we get a big win, the players arrive with a kind of attitude that they don't need to play. You could see everything was being done half heartedly, they weren't sharp.

Hopefully a big wake up call to them.

Willie scored, so I'm not as unhappy as I would have been.

EDIT:

Flip vd Merwe trying to get his own record of yellow cards and making things difficult for his teammates? I'd much rather start Lood de Jager, how many more chances must Flip get?

Yeah van de Merwe's yellow was just stupid! No idea why he felt the need to even touch Wyn Jones! On the other hand, I was very impressed with de Jager in the first test, surprised he didn't get a chance again this week!

10177241_1470736873164480_7375819836739977169_n.jpg

Ball looks like it was dislodged by the illegal tackle. Unfortunate for Wales but realistically the correct call.

Yeah van de Merwe's yellow was just stupid! No idea why he felt the need to even touch Wyn Jones! On the other hand, I was very impressed with de Jager in the first test, surprised he didn't get a chance again this week!

I was so happy when I saw him come one, and so disappointed when I realized it was only as a blood replacement.

SA defence in that opening 30 minutes will haunt me. They all need a solid kick up the arsehole.

I get it. Har har. ;) he's a letter away from being one of us.

aaaaah, see ! Didn't take that long to forget the excruciati...erm the game ! In the end it's just sports man...you don't live or die by the way your club, nation, or whatever, plays. It's fun and exciting to have a team that can compete, but hey, it's sports. Especially for us, we're just crappy little fkng fans. They're the guys who have to live with this shiit for real. When he goes to bed tonight, that Williams fellow will have to bear those memories of that last play. Huget and Dusautoir and Fofana and co. have to go to bed tonight and deal with how shiit France are atm ! :p poooooor fellows...

Well that was a bit of a scrappy mess. But in the end we got the W!

Thankyou Big E for once again making comments BEFORE the game is over. Always nice to prove you wrong.

In the end, the game is 80 minutes long, and we played to the very end. Not a good show by our guys, but you need these types of games to build character.

The scrums was a disaster, and Walsh and his fellow Assistants didn't help either. Giving penalties against the team that gets the upper hand and then not penalising the team that doesn't bind. Both teams got dicked there.

Sorry Wales, you were the better team for most of the match, and in the end you just couldn't hold on to what would've been a great historic victory.

Out guys should stop with the idea that the second game will be as easy as the first one, how often does it happen that we go into cruise control in the second game and then nearly lose the second one?

Flip should **** off! He's just like Dean Greyling and should never wear the Bok jersey again. He has had too mamy chances and just keeps in playing like a complete moron!

Thankyou Big E for once again making comments BEFORE the game is over. Always nice to prove you wrong.

when was the last time I did that again ? No coz you're on my dick so much at every possible corner, I'm just looking to you to remind me, please. Surely, you must remember.

I'm glad people are finally beginning to criticise George North: he's been a terrible defender all his career, and I'm at the point now where I don't think he should be starting for us, rather focusing on Eli Walker (Not the strongest tackler, but knows where to stand, which is 50% better than North) or Hallam Amos. He was to blame for 4 tries over the last 2 tests, a total of 28 points (We lost by an aggregate of 23 points).

There was, quite honestly, not a single minute of the game, no matter what our lead, in which I believed we were going to win that game. My first thought when Cuthbert went over was dread, not celebration, because I couldn't take another last-minute loss. I've seen it too many times. The reason I'm only posting this now, six hours on, is because that's how long it's taken me to recover from it. I still feel a little raw now. I question whether I'll be able to continue watching rugby if Wales do this to me once more.

What a game! Wales really outplayed the Springboks and seriously deserved to win the game... just such as shame about that last penalty try, but it was seriously just so unnecessary to come in like that with the elbow...

Still looks to me like it's falling just before the hit, split second wise. Either way, there is way too much doubt to give a penalty try as it has to be 100% certain... It;s just so god damned frustrating to go through this year in year out, especially when then the damn referee has played far too big of a part. We should have closed that game out, but bloody hell Walsh us no favours whatsoever!

I can't agree really even if do feel incredibly sorry for wales . It immediately looked to me like a penalty try . He's simply just going to drop in the corner . You must remember that you take Liam Williams out of the equation all together because of his thuggish behaviour . Had Williams not been there Hendricks would have scored the try . All Williams did by shoulder charging him was ensure the conversion was underneath the posts .........

I'm glad you don't like Steve Walsh though I remember a game in Cardiff once when Walshy put in an awful performance but I don't want to talk about that game anyway lol

I can't agree really even if do feel incredibly sorry for wales . It immediately looked to me like a penalty try . He's simply just going to drop in the corner . You must remember that you take Liam Williams out of the equation all together because of his thuggish behaviour . Had Williams not been there Hendricks would have scored the try . All Williams did by shoulder charging him was ensure the conversion was underneath the posts .........

I'm glad you don't like Steve Walsh though I remember a game in Cardiff once when Walshy put in an awful performance but I don't want to talk about that game anyway lol

Hehe.
I did appreciate the way Walsh explained what was about to happen to Alun-Wyn, and on that basis, there should be no debate about the penalty try. Just wish it would have 'occured' at the place the 'try scorer' was going to score (in my opinion that'd be the car park outside the stadium, behind a really high wall with an industrial fan in it blowing directly at the try scoring spot...)

Hehe.
I did appreciate the way Walsh explained what was about to happen to Alun-Wyn, and on that basis, there should be no debate about the penalty try. Just wish it would have 'occured' at the place the 'try scorer' was going to score (in my opinion that'd be the car park outside the stadium, behind a really high wall with an industrial fan in it blowing directly at the try scoring spot...)

Haha

I thought it was funny when matfield came across and waved AWJ off . Tbh steyn would have missed the kick from the touch line . I'd say they are 3/10 kicks unless your names Jonny/Neil ;)

Willie Le Roux is some kind of players. It seems he's either scoring or passing to a player to score with every touch of the ball. With an uncreative 10 in Steyn, Le Roux joins the line so nicely. Between Israel Folau, Willie Le Roux and Ben Smith, the Rugby Championship's fullbacks are going to be very entertaining to watch this year!

Bizarre people are complaining about the penalty try. It was very simply, and clearly, a penalty offense which prevented a try from being scored..

some credit is due to the Boks for moving the ball quickly in the backline, and Willie Le Roux is indeed a true talent in that backline, i.e. doesn't just run straight lines hard as hell, packing 110kg.

Didn't watch the full game; was out camping.

Just watched some highlights now and it seems intense! Would it be worth watching in full knowing the outcome? I mean is the actual rugby good as I suppose the tension wouldn't be a factor knowing the result?

From what I could gather from a 12 minute highlights package;

- Le Roux saves SA's bacon
- Wales were unrecognizable form last week
- 2 penalty tries, hey. I'd say the 1st one is a dead certainty but the one at the end, though correct according to the letter, is a tough one as one see those armless tackles somewhat regularly without the sanctions Walsh gave but I suppose that shoulder charge was worse or at least looked worse than your run of the mill body check. I remember a SA prop getting a yellow for a no-arms tackle around the fringes and feeling it was tough because that is the way they do it in those situations 9/10 times. I mean you'd break your arm if you'd tried to tackle a pod of 3 front rowers coming at you and falling on your outstrecthed arm.
In saying that SA has lost so many games on those 50/50 calls I'll take this one- taking nothing away from Wales' effort if thats possible- but I know how goddamn frustrating it is to lose in such a fashion. Our loss in the semi's last RWC against Aussie still gets me up and it's 3 years on! Hard luck, Wales.

Latest posts