iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
England.png

So yeah i know i'll get alot more posts in this tread when someone makes it so i may aswell go ahead and also since im not anti-english or bias

So for england this year. a really good performance and the france game was really unlucky they shouldn't have lost but they did. and players starting to make a name from them self eg. mike brown a very class players and probably the six nations player off the tournament which i think he deserves it. george ford only played one game i believe in the six nations not 100% sure but is showing he would make a good replacement for Owen Farrell in-case he gets injured (hopefully, only joking :D). so can england make any improvements. to be honest i dont think they need any improvements any where except from needing to cut out on less mistakes and Farrell's attitude needs to be sorted out or else its going to cost england as-well as his career. but i think they'll be fine.

But they have a hard tour ahead off them but after seeing them two years ago i dont know whats happening:

England vs Barbarians
1 June 2014, 15:00 GMT (UTC+0)
Twickenham, London, England

New Zealand vs England
7 June 2014, 19:35 NZST (UTC+12)
Eden Park, Auckland, New Zealand

New Zealand vs England
14 June 2014, 19:35 NZST (UTC+12)
Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin, New Zealand

Crusaders vs England
17 June 2014, 19:35 NZST (UTC+12)
AMI Stadium, Christchurch, New Zealand

New Zealand vs England
21 June 2014, 19:35 NZST (UTC+12)
Waikato Stadium, Hamilton, New Zealand

I'm really interested to see how the midweek team goes against the Crusaders, they'll be mid Super XV but short their all blacks - could be a pretty tough game for the boys in white.

I'd completely forgotten we're playing the Baabaas.
I hope we put out a pretty crazy side. It's the day of the final so no Sarries/Saints (presumably).
It's not a side I'd put out in a test, but I'd go a bit mad for the game and sling out a really attack minded side.
Something along the lines of:

1. Mullan
2. Ward
3. Thomas
4. Stooke
5. Charlie Matthews
6. Haskell
7. Kvesic
8. Ewers
9. Robson
10. Cipriani
11. Yarde
12. Eastmond
13. Daly
14. Watson
15. Miller

i'd play:

01: Mullan, 02: Ward, 03: Wilson, 04: Parling, 05: Attwood 06: Haskell, 07: Kvesic, 08: Ewers: 09: Youngs 10: Ford, 11: Yarde, 12: Eastmond, 13: Tuilagi, 14: Watson, 15: Daly

Ah yeah, for some reason I'd counted any Tigers out in my head - would have Parling and/or Slater and/or Kitchener in there otherwise.
I imaging Lancaster will be wary of playing too many first-test-players against the Baabaas - needless risk of injury after a long season. I think they'd benefit more from a week off/extra week in camp, than a game.

Matthew Tait deserves a chance imo, been brilliant for tigers of late last season his games against quins in the SF and Toulon in the QF being the standouts. and saying Sarries and Saints final.

I would go for.
Mullan
Ward
Wilson
Attwood
Kitchener
Johnson
Kvesic
Ewers
Youngs
Ford
Yarde
Eastmond
Daly
Watson
Tait

Bench
George
?
Thomas
Slater
Haskell
Robson
Cipriani
Miller

I did flit between Tait and Miller for 15 (the other would be in the 23 shirt), but in the end my Sale bias shone through :p

Will be interesting to see who emerges as 4th choice tighthead: Collier perhaps? I hope that Cooper-Wooley is involved - if not on the tour than in the BaaBaas (am I right in thinking that the Baabaas often has players from outside of the EPS, due to players unavailable for the final?).
Brookes' scrummaging ain't great (though he's fierce in the loose) and Scott Wilson is too young atm.

Last edited:
I would like to see young players like Dickie and Collier in the side just so that they start getting use to the set-up so that when we come too 2019 cycle players have an idea of the surroundings and environment of International team, the schedule has made it so that are best players are involved in other games and we can't afford the rest of the team getting injured in the Baabaa game. The team is a bit raw in places with some experience in.
1.Mullan 2. Ward 3.Thomas 4.Slater 5. Attwood 6. Robshaw 7.Kvesic 8. Ewers/Dickinson 9. Robson 10. Ford 11. Watson 12. Eastmond 13. Trinder 14. Benjamin 15. Daly
16. Dickie 17. Marler 18. Collier 19. Kitchner 20. Haskell 21. Youngs 22. Cipriani 23. Nowell

very interested in seeing England play the AB's as a fully/nearly fully healthy squad, in NZ. The AB's have had their controversy since 2012 in Twickers, but now they've got the chance to extend that ridiculous streak sommore, and I like England's chances. Well I mean, I don't "like" them, but I just feel they've got a chance is what I'm saying ! :p

Hoping to see some fine Rugby there. England should likely field a complete lineup in tests 2 and 3.

The game on the 7th should not be a full test. Stupid waste of time

Because of the clash with the Aviva Final right? Meh odd situation, are England the only ones doing a 3 test tour? I know Wales are only doing 2 plus a probable game vs a club team.

Australia and France have a 3 test series scheduled which will be fascinating to watch because French rugby is always entertaining. Scotland has 3 tests against 3 different sides. The Welsh are trying to schedule a mid-week game to pad out their summer schedule.
As for England I agree that a young team is best for the baa baas as it gives them a chance to experience the international setup even if it lacks the intensity of a full international. Resting players involved in semis or likely to be starting in the NZ tour is key.
1. Mullan
2. Ward
3. Thomas
4. Slater
5. Kitchener
6. Haskell
7. Kvesic
8. Ewers
9. Youngs
10. Cipriani/Slade
11. Yarde
12. Eastmond
13. Daly
14. Watson
15. Tait
Again assuming that Sarries and Saints contest the final. I think Tait deserves a chance as he was impressive in some big games last season before yet another injury. Personally I prefer Yarde and Watson to Nowell and May, so I would have them start the following week as well. I'm also excited to see what Haskell can do, hopefully he can shine and provide competition at the flanker spot

last year's England vs Baabaas was good. First time I saw Yarde and Wade and Burns play. England played well.

@ Tallshort : It's very possible that the All-Blacks will use it as an opportunity to play some new faces as well. I hope they do - it will make the exercise more meaningful for everybody.

@ British Exile : That front five would get bummed. Apart from that and Ben Youngs (should be Robson imo), decent team.

I think this summer tour will be the time when Christian Wade seizes the day, to use a horribly overused saying.
I certainly still think he's the most mercurial winger around the British Isles, in a different way to George North.

@ Tallshort : It's very possible that the All-Blacks will use it as an opportunity to play some new faces as well. I hope they do - it will make the exercise more meaningful for everybody.

@ British Exile : That front five would get bummed. Apart from that and Ben Youngs (should be Robson imo), decent team.

I think this summer tour will be the time when Christian Wade seizes the day, to use a horribly overused saying.
I certainly still think he's the most mercurial winger around the British Isles, in a different way to George North.

How dare you insult a front row with Dave Ward gracing its ranks?!?

I'm pretty sure Steve Hansen is pragmatic enough not to play a full strength XV against an under strength England team. I'd expect to see Barret, Ker-Barlow, Halai, Ardie Savea etc start. That being said, they're probably still ruin us...

I'm pretty sure Steve Hansen is pragmatic enough not to play a full strength XV against an under strength England team. I'd expect to see Barret, Ker-Barlow, Halai, Ardie Savea etc start. That being said, they're probably still ruin us...
Literally every player you mentioned would be good enough to be most sides starting player (except Kerr-Barlow).
You've obviously seen him more than I have, but can you say that his size won't be a problem ? It's just I feel that he will get smashed out the way by players not just like Savea but players like Jane even Dagg as he is so small. And under the high ball I assume he will be a liability? I know attacking wise he is the best we can offer but is it such an attacking weapon that we can live with the negatives ?

Wade's defence isn't bad, though.
He's small but he knows how to work with it. Shane williams and Jason Robinson were tiny but they weren't liabilities.

He's not as good as Nowell but he'd still be a big step up from Ashton.

Literally every player you mentioned would be good enough to be most sides starting player (except Kerr-Barlow).

You've obviously seen him more than I have, but can you say that his size won't be a problem ? It's just I feel that he will get smashed out the way by players not just like Savea but players like Jane even Dagg as he is so small. And under the high ball I assume he will be a liability? I know attacking wise he is the best we can offer but is it such an attacking weapon that we can live with the negatives ?

Well yes, but thats just what you get when touring NZ! I'd rather play this lot with an under strength team that Carter/Cruden, Nonu, Smith (all three of them tbh) and McCaw.

haha to be fair I do like the look of Ward a lot. Seems to have overtaken Jamie George in the reckoning.

Taking the locks: That's our 5th and 6th choices respectively (assuming you agree that Kitchener is better than Robson and that Kruis shouldn't be seen as a lock for England)
If we were playing against New Zealands 5th and 6th choices I'd definitely say we have a good chance.

Wade will be fine. His defence is at least on a par with Alex Cuthberts who is over 16st. As for the high ball, Wade is now very good - much improved on a few years ago.

Fair enough with Wade I hope he starts scoring tries for fun :)
Also what is wrong with Kruis ? This season he has put in quite a few good performances. I would rate him over Robson and not far off Kitchener.

Latest posts