• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2015 All Stars teams revealed

Amobokoboko

Waikato Junglist
Country Flag
Belgium
Club or Nation
Chiefs
The Indigenous All Stars and NRL All Stars teams have been revealed ahead of the Harvey Norman Rugby League All Stars game at Cbus Super Stadium on Friday, February 13.
North Queensland Cowboys halfback Johnathan Thurston and South Sydney Rabbitohs fullback Greg Inglis headline a star-studded Indigenous All Stars squad. The two finished as the most popular selections from a public vote of more than 15,000 fans, and were separated by just 33 votes when the polls closed.
Thurston and Inglis will join the likes of Justin Hodges, Sam Thaiday, Greg Bird and Ben Barba in the Indigenous All Stars squad, which will be coached by Laurie Daley. Thurston will join new Cronulla signing Barba in a dynamic halves pairing which will be hoping to help the squad retain the Arthur Beetson trophy following their 2013 win at Suncorp Stadium.

For their opponents, Newcastle Knights enforcer Beau Scott will lead an NRL All Stars team featuring stars Kieran Foran, Mitchell Pearce and James Graham.
The NRL All Stars squad includes rising superstars Matt Moylan (Penrith), Dylan Walker (South Sydney) and Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers) alongside established representative stars including Manu Vatuvei (Warriors), Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Sydney Roosters) and Paul Gallen (Sharks).
Along with the game, All Stars week will also feature a range of community-based events, including the annual Indigenous Player Camp, Indigenous Leaders Dinner and the NRL Youth Summit.

The All Stars game will follow several other exhibition matches: the Murri v Koori Interstate Challenge, the Harvey Norman Touch Football All Stars Game, NSW v QLD Indigenous Under 16s matches, and the Indigenous Women's All Stars up against the NRL Women's All Stars.
Tickets are available for the Harvey Norman Rugby League All Stars at ticketek.com.au/allstars.
2015 Indigenous All Stars team
1. Greg Inglis (Rabbitohs)
2. Alex Johnston (Rabbitohs)
3. Will Chambers (Storm)
4. Justin Hodges (Broncos)
5. Josh Hoffman (***ans)
6. Ben Barba (Sharks)
7. Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys)
8. George Rose (Dragons)
9. Ray Thompson (Cowboys)
10. Ryan James (***ans)
11. Tyrone Peachey (Panthers)
12. Sam Thaiday (Broncos)
13. Greg Bird (***ans)
14. Chris Sandow (Eels)
15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (Storm)
16. Dane Gagai (Knights)
17. Kyle Turner (Rabbitohs)
18. Jack Wighton (Raiders)
19. Kierran Moseley (***ans)
20. Brad Tighe (***ans)

NRL All Stars team
1. Matt Moylan (Panthers)
2. Manu Vatuvei (Warriors)
3. Jarrod Croker (Raiders)
4. Dylan Walker (Rabbitohs)
5. Antonio Winterstein (Cowboys)
6. Kieran Foran (Sea Eagles)
7. Mitchell Pearce (Roosters)
8. James Graham (Bulldogs)
9. Michael Ennis (Sharks)
10. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Roosters)
11. Beau Scott (c) (Knights)
12. Jason Taumololo (Cowboys)
13. Paul Gallen (Sharks)
14. Jesse Bromwich (Storm)
15. Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers)
16. Will Hopoate (Eels)
17. Trent Merrin (Dragons)
18. Corey Parker (Broncos)
19. Jeremy Smith (Knights)
20. Dave Taylor (***ans)

I'm already looking forward to it.

I find this game very meh when the NRL has the 9's, Club World Challenge, SoO, NRL finals and internationals. I'm not a huge league fan though.

Well, it's a nice change of scenery after all the Union and a sign that superugby awaits :)

I find this game very meh when the NRL has the 9's, Club World Challenge, SoO, NRL finals and internationals. I'm not a huge league fan though.

When this game first kicked off over here it was massive out in my area ( western sydney) because of the large indigenous communities, the concepts awesome an the NRL is finally giving recognition to the indigenous input in the game the club world challenge is a joke same as the Anzac test shiit I'd even go as far as saying international test matches are a joke too.

Indiginous boys showed too much heart last night. Thurston genius, Inglis freak, james, rose and Fifita steamrolled the all stars pack too.

Indiginous All Stars really outclassed the NRL All Stars. Can't wait for the NRL season to start.

the war cry/dance before the match was utterly painful to watch...

otherwise some amazing skills on display.

Why was it painful to watch?

From my point of view it wasn't painful to watch but rather somewhat uncomfortable in parts.

Great idea for a number of reasons but some of the players were 'out of step', glancing across at others in an attempt to follow the others who obviously took more notice when being taught. Some seemed to be what could be described as uninterested but others clearly were passionate.

We need to keep in mind that although they're the Indigenous All-Stars, some have probably never had much more more to do with their distant heritage than hearing a story or two or having a grandparent who was indigenous. This of course is through no fault of their own - it's pretty easy to claim Indigenous status here.

That should by no means take away the clear passion of the others though. Big George was on fire and G.I. was having a great time too!

Practise makes perfect and as well as being a spectacle, it means a great deal to a great many people - I'd love to see it remain as part of the game.

From my point of view it wasn't painful to watch but rather somewhat uncomfortable in parts.

Great idea for a number of reasons but some of the players were 'out of step', glancing across at others in an attempt to follow the others who obviously took more notice when being taught. Some seemed to be what could be described as uninterested but others clearly were passionate.

We need to keep in mind that although they're the Indigenous All-Stars, some have probably never had much more more to do with their distant heritage than hearing a story or two or having a grandparent who was indigenous. This of course is through no fault of their own - it's pretty easy to claim Indigenous status here.

That should by no means take away the clear passion of the others though. Big George was on fire and G.I. was having a great time too!

Practise makes perfect and as well as being a spectacle, it means a great deal to a great many people - I'd love to see it remain as part of the game.

I don't think it's supposed to be as choreographed as the haka or siva tau, and like you said the a lot of the players wouldn't know much of their heritage through no fault of their own. I hope it stays, there was a whole mob at the pub in Mt Druit where I was watching the game, you could see what it meant to them when thy preformed it. Thurstons in for a good season after his extended break will soon overtake Joey as the greatest with either a premiership or Dally M. Inglis was Inglis, Moseley is a good find for the ***ans and dave Fifita is still the greedy **** I used to play with, I knew for sure you get him near the line hes always going to go for it himself, he's dropped a bit of weight though and is looking at a good year if he can force himself into the team.

Latest posts