Blue%20Bulls.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
Western%20Province.png

Venue: Loftus Versveld, Pretoria
Date: 16/10/2015
Time: 19:10
Referee: Marius van der Westhuizen

Teams

Blue Bulls: 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Travis Ismaiel, 13 Dries Swanepoel, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Jamba Ulengo, 10 Tian Schoeman, 9 Francois Hougaard, 8 Arno Botha, 7 Lappies Labuschagne (captain), 6 Deon Stegmann, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Jacques du Plessis, 3 Marcel van der Merwe, 2 Bandise Maku, 1 Pierre Schoeman

Substitutes: 16 Corniel Els, 17 Werner Kruger, 18 RG Snyman, 19 Jason Jenkins, 20 Ivan van Zyl, 21 Louis Fouché, 22 William Small-Smith

Western Province: 15. Cheslin Kolbe, 14. Dillyn Leyds, 13. Johnny Kotze, 12. Juan de Jongh (captain), 11. Seabelo Senatla, 10. Robert du Preez, 9. Nic Groom, 8. Nizaam Carr, 7. Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 6. Rynhardt Elstadt, 5. Ruan Botha, 4. Jean Kleyn, 3. Wilco Louw, 2. Bongi Mbonambi, 1. Steven Kitshoff

Substitutes: 16. Michael Willemse, 17. Oli Kebble, 18. Chris van Zyl, 19. Jurie van Vuuren, 20. Jano Vermaak, 21. Kurt Coleman, 22. Huw Jones

Golden%20Lions.png
Versus%20Currie%20Cup.png
Free%20State%20Cheetahs.png

Venue: Emirates Airline Park, Johannesburg
Date: 17/10/2015
Time: 13:45
Referee: Jaco van Heerden

Teams

Golden Lions: TBA

Free State Cheetahs: TBA

Last edited:
Kom ons kyk maar watter een van die WP of Bulle wil volgende week afgeslag word.

Ons sal maar moet kyk. Ek kan nie iets anders as 'n beker vir die Leeus sien nie, nie op Ellis Park nie. Die WP was klaar gelukkig in 2014 dat Boshof nie sy skoene saamgebring het nie. Dink nie ons (of julle) kan enige verdere gunsies verwag nie.

Bulls not taking points on offer in a knock-out match.. at least it wasn't Potgieter this time round.

A bruising game but I think WP's extra bit more 'flair' took us home even though the Bulls were carrying it up all game long. Both teams have a decent backbne and with our Boks back should be in good form. I just hope SA teams start managing to keep continuity in the new SR format.

Glad for the WP win over the old enemy at Loftus nogal but I can't help but feel the final is merely a formality for the Lions. I suppose they still need to actually reach the final first and at least we've earned the right to challenge and here's hoping we do.. or at the very least not concede 60 odd points again!

Is it wrong of me to feel that the 2 teams that won the Semi's shouldn't be in the final??

Pro Lesego Legoete yet again showed his inability to officiate a top level match. And even disobeying his Assistant Referee's calls at some stages. For instance Cheslin Kolbe's try, there was a forward pass that lead up to the try, and the AR even said to Legoete to check with the TMO, but he said the pass was okay, but on replays you could see that clearly.

But I feel so sorry for the Cheetahs, Jaco van Heerden had a shocker. A yellow card, a penalty try and a disallowed try which on all 3 occasions was the wrong call in favour of the Lions...

Latest posts