• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Bronze Final: South Africa vs. Argentina (30/10/2015)

Passing is Argentina's biggest issue, their ball through the backs is poor and kills their otherwise good vision and attacking attitude.

I hope to God Habana doesn't break Lomu's record in this dead rubber match.

Agree ABs2011 we are playing retarded rugby today. Plus bad passing, slow to breakdowns, we are not going to the open fast enough. We are playing a very slow rugby compared to what we proposed in other matches.

Why? maybe we are too tired or the 10 replacements. Maybe we need to adapt more and change gameplay not just try to play the same if plan A does not work. Its sad to see them go this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Why they try to off load everything for **** sake!!!!! if they just go to the floor and play again we could score....

Yup spot on mate. Tiredness, fatigue, and injuries of course are relevant, but the consitency of poor decision making is a major issue too!! Rugby IQ!! I think the problem is that it isnt that long since they have implemented this new style of play. It'll take some time to get their heads round the decision making and patience required to excecute it!!

I agree with Hansen this match is a total waste of time. 68 minutes in SA 19 points ahead and they look to kick at goal. 70 minutes in ad they look to kick to touch and kick it directly down the throat of the arg winger and loose like 60meters of field position.

This match is lame as ****.

MoM?? I hope Etzabeth! I think I would be top of the 4000+ Kiwis in the ESPN fantasy league if he does :)

Young team the Pumas, they need more exposure to learn how to play at this level consistently. It still does feel like the ref is giving the benefit of the doubt to the Boks and penalising us the second we're out of line. I still don't understand how that Bok that rammed Amorosino almost 5 seconds after the kick didn't get carded, but Cubelli after committing an offense that would only get a yellow card if it was a repeated offense late in the game.

Eh, I'm probably just venting frustrations anyways, the Boks look way better than us.

I think this game shows Argentinas inability to score against good opposition, rather than how good Australia's defence was. They still lack a decisive cutting edge to really beat the top teams consistently.

I agree with Hansen this match is a total waste of time. 68 minutes in SA 19 points ahead and they look to kick at goal. 70 minutes in ad they look to kick to touch and kick it directly down the throat of the arg winger and loose like 60meters of field position.

This match is lame as ****.

Couldn't agree more man. There should be a plate final on this day for the teams that didn't do so well, don't know how you would organise it though.

Habana/Lomu,the battle of the match... We've almost forgotten the 3rd place game

Was this referee biased, incompetent or just inconsistent with the other referees?

Was this referee biased, incompetent or just inconsistent with the other referees?

Honestly I don't think there was bias (or malice of forethought on the ref's part), but a massive amount of inconsistency for both sides I could see. Cubelli getting sin-binned that quickly was either a) to lay down the law early and tell the players that he would not tolerate that kind of playing, b) bias against a non-traditional team or c) I just don't like you kind of mood. I hope it was option a, because after that the Bokks and the Pumas did have a couple of dangerous plays that were more sin-bin worthy than just not respecting the 10 meter penalty after the quick-tap.

I still think that referee was not strictly consistent. Referee allowed consistent ball interruption by SA but immediately penalised Arg and he hardly spoke to the players as Wayne Barnes does!4

Boring, unimaginative, uninspired, one dimensional, error prone etc etc etc............
Possibly the worst game of the tournament ito rugby entertainment.

Hope tomorrow brings better things.

Very good RWC for Argentina, a young team with SR and TRC to play in the next 4 years. An interesting experience for Japan 2019.
The future is bright.

Very good RWC for Argentina, a young team with SR and TRC to play in the next 4 years. An interesting experience for Japan 2019.
The future is bright.

Yep. Despite Arg going down to SA I think they showed more ito running rugby today and the future is bright for them. They are definitely the big winners on the rankings.
I do think it is time for SA rugby to rethink their style / strategy if they want to stay near the top.

If SA think their traditional way of playing this game is going to work for them in 4 years time I'm afraid they may find themselves on the sticky end of a pool exit.

Not the most invigorating match, but it was great to see some South African legends go out on a high.

Argentina just didn't look like they had the same desire that we have seen from them this tournament.

Not the most invigorating match, but it was great to see some South African legends go out on a high.

Argentina just didn't look like they had the same desire that we have seen from them this tournament.

Well no... most of them would have just wanted to be home. Bronze final is a waste of time.

Latest posts