• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: Australia vs. Wales (10/10/2015)

I really hope you're right.

Just read Neil Jenkins said Roberts is fine. Phew.

I know we need Roberts now but moving forward I would like to see him dropped to the bench when Jon Davies and Scott Williams are fit, I don't really rate him anymore, he doesn't score tries , runs the same lines and he hardly makes any real gains anymore , we need more flair in the centre

Bit late to this party, but that was a great game yesterday. I felt the Aussie defence was just as good as Wales lacked experience and composure in such a good position. I thought the Welsh defence was also excellent, considering the strength of that Aussie backline. Going to be a fantastic quarter final between Wales and South Africa.

Pocock was a bit naughty with the knee to the man on the floor, even if he was being held. Sounds like he might of been injured as well. He'd be a huge loss to the Aussies and I think he'll pick up ban for next week.

Bit late to this party, but that was a great game yesterday. I felt the Aussie defence was just as good as Wales lacked experience and composure in such a good position. I thought the Welsh defence was also excellent, considering the strength of that Aussie backline. Going to be a fantastic quarter final between Wales and South Africa.

Pocock was a bit naughty with the knee to the man on the floor, even if he was being held. Sounds like he might of been injured as well. He'd be a huge loss to the Aussies and I think he'll pick up ban for next week.

Think we are capable of beating the boks , but not the all black's so its fair to say the semis could be our best achievement this year, had we won we could of gone all the way , but alas probably meeting the all black's in the finale

I know we need Roberts now but moving forward I would like to see him dropped to the bench when Jon Davies and Scott Williams are fit, I don't really rate him anymore, he doesn't score tries , runs the same lines and he hardly makes any real gains anymore , we need more flair in the centre

Surely, even with your injuries, you have someone who can offer more than Roberts?

He would appear to have got a contract with Quins on the back of his reputation and will be interested to see how he gets on in the Premiership.....I have given up on him in the RWC!!

Think we are capable of beating the boks , but not the all black's so its fair to say the semis could be our best achievement this year, had we won we could of gone all the way , but alas probably meeting the all black's in the finale

Yeah I can see what you are saying here. We are going to have to find a way of being smart with our current backline. Roberts-Davies was always so good because JR held 2 defenders and JD was so skilful at finding the space that was created.

I think you are being a little harsh on Jamie Roberts. He's never really been a finisher, but more of a battering ram, a defensive beast and a decoy man. He's still been doing that very well. I think the difference we are seeing is that Wales have stopped using him so much on the 10 inside switch to the opposition 10/12 channel as people are waiting for it. For me, he's still our best 12 by a country mile, and if JD/SW were still here, I think we would have scored yesterday in the 13 period.

I'm more concerned about North at 13. As an individual, he's obviously outstanding, but I didn't see Wales run many moves yesterday and I am wondering whether in a WC it's his best position.

Any other clips of the Pocock incident? Didn't see it live and the one on the website posted earlier isn't working for me.
Had a look on youtube but no dice.

I was at the match yesterday. Great atmosphere. That 10-15 minute period when Wales failed to score a try against 13 men took the stuffing out of the Welsh support. Can't see Wales getting past the Springboks next week unfortunately; just don't have it in the top two inches.

Yeah that doesn't look like much to me either,
That said: it's still a deliberate knee. Retaliation for being held? Sure. But still a deliberate knee.
I'd hope he was cited/copped a (short) ban, if there's any consistency in the system (which, as we know, there isn't).

He almost seems to just use the knee to push him off, not sure he actually put his bodyweight into it, which is what makes a knee such a big deal. Retrospective yellow for me

Regarding the Pocock incident it looks like nothing to me . Maybe a slap on the wrist and a reminder to keep on the right side next time . I thought I would have to come with a WARNING the amount some of the kiwis are going on ! Clearly would rather Pocock was banned than possibly have to play against him .....

And I don't blame them

Not that I care either way - but seeing the reaction McCaw got for his trip (some suggesting it should have been a red card), I find the Pocock reaction pretty telling.

That said - when you hold a players leg in contact to stop him from playing - you frankly deservedly run the risk of getting a knee. I've had the same thing where a player tried to tackle me long after I offloaded the ball - and I landed a knee on him as I went to ground - cause why should I avoid a guy infringing me? Again though if Tuilagi can get large ban for running over the top of the guy - I don't see how World Rugby can avoid it.

It will likely be one match against Scotland though - so meh. Probably won't hurt Australia in the least.

I'd to see players who deliberately impede, trip, hold players off the ball etc get red cards. It's a blight on the game and blatant cheating. That might clean it up more. I think there was an incident in the Ireland France game today too

Not that I care either way - but seeing the reaction McCaw got for his trip (some suggesting it should have been a red card), I find the Pocock reaction pretty telling.

That said - when you hold a players leg in contact to stop him from playing - you frankly deservedly run the risk of getting a knee. I've had the same thing where a player tried to tackle me long after I offloaded the ball - and I landed a knee on him as I went to ground - cause why should I avoid a guy infringing me? Again though if Tuilagi can get large ban for running over the top of the guy - I don't see how World Rugby can avoid it.

It will likely be one match against Scotland though - so meh. Probably won't hurt Australia in the least.

McCaw tripped a player trying to take a quick tap, Pocock gave a player a quick tap with his knee nothing in it. You can see the fear kiwi has about Pocock in his posts.

McCaw tripped a player trying to take a quick tap, Pocock gave a player a quick tap with his knee nothing in it. You can see the fear kiwi has about Pocock in his posts.

Of course I fear him, but I still think consistency should exist, I feel more sorry for Samoa than anything. Tuilagi could easily have been a match winner in that game.

Yep. That's the double standards that happens though. McCaw did this, McCaw did that. Yet no other player in that position faces that scrutiny. Soon as another 7 does something "ohh, ahhhh, mm, gee, gosh, I dunno"

Yep. That's the double standards that happens though. McCaw did this, McCaw did that. Yet no other player in that position faces that scrutiny. Soon as another 7 does something "ohh, ahhhh, mm, gee, gosh, I dunno"

That's ******** mate and you know it .... The ABs have got away with a fair few thuggish actions over the years . I'm not going to start listing them but there's nothing in what Pocock did and as far as I'm aware has a good disciplinary record ? If so a warning would suffice

Come on..it was a blatant trip. He was caught. He got carded, end of story. No more scrutiny on him than anyone else from refs and tmos.

Despite being in the so called 'pool of death', the Wallabies have had a fairly easy run so far. I think they've got a pretty easy run to the finals now, I don't see them beating whoever is on the other side of the field. It's not as though they've had to compete against an inform side yet, and people seem to be forgetting this. Yes, Pool A was ***led the 'pool of death', but this was only due to the lacklustre host nation and (when played) a Welsh team with a massive injury list. Fiji weren't exactly on form either. I'm not trying to downplay the Wallaby performance, but I think it's important people recognise that the 'pool of death' label turned out to be not so accurate.

Latest posts