• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: England vs. Australia (03/10/2015)

Well done to the Wallabies - the only area that England had parity was the lineout. In all else Australia were superior. I expect much soul searching now from the RFU

When Wales lose their game to Aussie, that will put Robshaw's decision NOT to take the kick into perspective.
People will be looking at the bonus point situation etc. and realise that England would have gone through with a draw against Wales...
Gutting.

When Wales lose their game to Aussie, that will put Robshaw's decision NOT to take the kick into perspective.
People will be looking at the bonus point situation etc. and realise that England would have gone through with a draw against Wales...
Gutting.

Isn't the first tie breaker the direct match-up though which would see Wales through?

Isn't the first tie breaker the direct match-up though which would see Wales through?
As the result was possibly a draw England's bonus point against Fiji would of mean they got through assuming Wales get zero bonus points against Aus and we get max against Uru. If the bp situation was levelled we'd be in a points diff situation as h2h would be draw.

But lets be honest we lost the game at the point of team selection where we decided to try to win by as few points as possible and not having the right mental attitude.

Great game, great win etc.

Still not getting carried away and much to improve on if we are to make the semi finals/final.

If Australia get an early try I could see this being the Brazil v Germany of the Rugby World Cup.

England have a haunted look around them, and I'm not sure they're psychologically up to it.

Damn should have gone down to the bookies...

Latest posts