• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: England vs. Wales (26/09/2015)

Bookies markets are determined more by what people are betting on than what is likely to happen
After a while yes but initial odds especially for more weird stuff like this are determined by complex statistical analysis more than market perception, odds don't dramatically change unless there is real run on something and bookies want to mitigate their losses, or they want to make it more attractive.

I once had an interview for developing software to do exactly this sort of thing, it was an interesting job sadly I didn't go past the phone-interview stage.

@Colombia

Since you thought Robshaw was wrong, interested to know if you think Japan were wrong to go for the corner.

Japan were entirely right and that's nothing to do with the outcome. Qualification wasn't at stake for them, they were essentially playing a one off test. Glorious defeat or more glorious victory.

Japan had nothing to lose. We did and we did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you but that's a forgone conclusion.
Yeah it's why I'm quite happy to work any scenario for this group with England getting 5 points in that game....if we don't score 4 try's and win Lancaster will need to be shot at dawn.

Bookies markets are determined more by what people are betting on than what is likely to happen

Hence my comment that the market (i.e. the punters the weight of whose money) is being slow to react. Betfair, who I suspect have more liquidity have indeed reacted and have England as third favourites with Wales first.

At no point did I ever feel England were in control of the match,yes they were on top of the scrum albeit some dubious ref decisions and they had a marginally better lineout but as for threat in open play I never felt England dominated , we were forced to chance the game as you do when your 10 points behind , we put some nice phases together and after the 60 the momentum had swung our way, then when the injuries hit I did worry and thought England would close the game out but we showed sheer guts and determination to score a try against all odds.

White 6 ought to be cited for kicking Red 15?

He flailed in with his right boot in the vicinity of heads and copped Red 15 on the side of the head. Red 15 had to be stretchered off.

ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BbDDdSGqV0c#t=4694

watch at 1:18:25

There was no good reason for him to lash out with the boot, the ball was nowhere near. At the very least it was reckless!

England flanker Tom Wood escaped with a warning for the accidental kick to the head that caused the injury to Liam Williams and is free to play in the now pivotal Pool A match against Australia on Saturday.

Thought so.

At no point did I ever feel England were in control of the match,yes they were on top of the scrum albeit some dubious ref decisions and they had a marginally better lineout but as for threat in open play I never felt England dominated , we were forced to chance the game as you do when your 10 points behind , we put some nice phases together and after the 60 the momentum had swung our way, then when the injuries hit I did worry and thought England would close the game out but we showed sheer guts and determination to score a try against all odds.

I can almost hear the Dambusters music!

Jeeze, is that it?!
I missed it live but from the Welsh reaction on social media you'd think he stamped his boots directly into Williams' eyes, scrunched his boot about a bit and then took a dump on his wounds after, for good measure.

I know. I'm watching the clip not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at then realised the whole hullabaloo was the kick...

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't look dangerous in open play, but I actually think they controlled the game really well and their defence was excellent. 22 -10 they should have had the professionalism to close the game out. I thought Wales were poor and I have no idea how England didn't put 30 points on them. They did well to stay in the game though, especially with the number of injuries they had. I thought they would have capitulated. I can't see the Welsh beating the Wallabies, but then crazier things have happened..

Hey Macarena!!!

[video]https://www.facebook.com/djreminisemusic/videos/10153225862733869/[/video]
UGH do you actually know what annoys me more about this clip? My mother-in-law day after the match she was moaning about like it was the greatest crime to humanity. Yeah because that's what us English had most to gripe about after that match....

Now instead of having a good laugh about a silly kick routine it just annoys me as well. Not because of him but her.

UGH do you actually know what annoys me more about this clip? My mother-in-law day after the match she was moaning about like it was the greatest crime to humanity. Yeah because that's what us English had most to gripe about after that match....

Now instead of having a good laugh about a silly kick routine it just annoys me as well. Not because of him but her.

Mother-in-laws... I know your pain. It's even worse for me as my Mother-in-law is a Stormers/WP supporter and I'm a Blue Bulls supporter...

Haha brilliant, anyone know of that's just a routine or if he's generally a bit nervous from kicking?

It's kind of what he does most time's but that is probably to his extreme on that clip. Usually pulls the sleeves up slightly or at least checks they are loose on each arm then makes sure his hair is in place. Ocd with these kickers is great. Farrell creases me with his slow motion visualisation of the balls flight. Can imagine that's how Forest Gumption would kick at goal.

It's kind of what he does most time's but that is probably to his extreme on that clip. Usually pulls the sleeves up slightly or at least checks they are loose on each arm then makes sure his hair is in place. Ocd with these kickers is great. Farrell creases me with his slow motion visualisation of the balls flight. Can imagine that's how Forest Gumption would kick at goal.

I always imagine him Arnie-intimidating the ball. "Miss and I'll be back"

Brilliant forum. Really enjoyed reading it.

Sorry to see English fans doubting their team and some even willing them to lose to get rid of a coach! Never do that lads. Credu - believe.

Looking forward to tomorrow (Wales -v- Fiji) and Saturday so we can do this all again.

Latest posts