• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool B: USA vs. Japan (11/10/2015)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
vTRhZ65.png

United%20States.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Japan.png

Kingsholm, Gloucester (11/10/2015, 20:00)
Pool B, Round 4

Referee: Glen Jacskon
23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png

I think this could be hard on the US, a few days after the US/SA game.

Well, SA is gonna rest a couple of key players for the USA vs SA match so the USA might not find that match as hard as they might've? Hmm, on 2nd thought if we were to bring in the likes of PSdT, Malherbe, Nyakane, Strauss/Brits and Alberts who are arguably in better form and/or more physical (PSdT at least more physical than matfield for instance) it might be a tough one for the US.. though we'll most likely not be as cohesive as one would like.. i guess what I'm saying is I just don't know what to expect..

Depending on what happens in the Scotland vs Samoa fixture this game might see Japan going at it toth and nail to make the QFs? I can't see Scotland go down to Samoa though..

Last edited:
This is the very last pool game of the tournament.

I think it's quite fitting, as Japan has been the surprize package of the tournament, and could qualify for the QF's if they win and Scotland lose...

Scotland won't lose, and I hope the US run over Japan. I will forever hate them........sigh......

I was glad to see the USA will rest most of their first-choice players against the Boks and thus target the Japan match for a result... especially since I'm going to this one :) But if the Eagles continue sloppy, mistake-filled play as in their 1st two RWC matches, Japan will easily win this one. I, like many others, have a new-found respect for Japan's fast-paced, well-drilled performances. If they continue that and win the match, hats off to them, but it should mark the end of Tolkin's coaching stint with the Eagles. (I've already discounted any result for the USA vs SA.) Coaching isn't the only reason for the Eagles' poor performances, seeing that 60% of the squad are amateurs, but only a coach who's had success at the international level can help the Eagles reach their potential. Japan is a team of professionals and adding Eddie Jones to the formula has really brought impressive results.

Scotland won't lose, and I hope the US run over Japan. I will forever hate them........sigh......

Why? Boks are through and their win has put the game in a much better state than before the World Cup.

Captain America has fairly let himself go.

Bit harsh. Boks didn't deserve to win against Japan - they wanted it more.
The positive to come out of that game was to teach the boks that complacency has no place in rugby. Give it your all or go home!

Zee!!

Staggered he has not been picked up by better club team!

Solid mauling in the centre of the park for the try. Teams have been keen to maul from the lineout but not seen much set up that well from open play.

You gotta love the way way the commentator is pronouncing "Goromaruuuu"!!

You gotta love the way way the commentator is pronouncing "Goromaruuuu"!!

Haha but you have to give them credit for the myriad of, to the UK commentators, strange names in the competition! How do they do it?

We've GOT to get Eddie Jones.What a fantastic job he's done.Love watching Japan play.

Thanks for the memories and good luck for 2019!!

Jones looking forward to the surf and sun in SA!!!

Latest posts