• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: France vs. Ireland (11/10/2015)

So with at least two call ups today I'm expecting Trimble and Ruddock. With Earls moving to centre and seemingly Fitz as well we can certainly afford another wing and Trimble is as good as any. Ruddock is a gamble considering how he's just back from a long injury but there's no fit backrowers near his quality.

Schmidt has said they mightn't replace PO'C so they can keep him around the team but if he is replaced I expect Tuohy.

Possible curveball?....Isaac Boss.

So with at least two call ups today I'm expecting Trimble and Ruddock. With Earls moving to centre and seemingly Fitz as well we can certainly afford another wing and Trimble is as good as any. Ruddock is a gamble considering how he's just back from a long injury but there's no fit backrowers near his quality.

Schmidt has said they mightn't replace PO'C so they can keep him around the team but if he is replaced I expect Tuohy.

Possible curveball?....Isaac Boss.
Why couldn't he be kept around regardless? Halfpenny and Webb handed out shirts for the Welsh side and I'm sure they get motivational speakers in! Would there be much point having him hang around training sessions??

POM might just be our best lineout operator too, which is why i think it is likely we will see Henderson at 6, and Ruddock called up. What a blow :(

Why couldn't he be kept around regardless? Halfpenny and Webb handed out shirts for the Welsh side and I'm sure they get motivational speakers in! Would there be much point having him hang around training sessions??

POC will be kept on as you say. All replacing means is he can't play or be a player training. No problem if he stays on as Schmidt could just as easily add him as a coach technically.

On Ruddock. I'm a fan but I wonder is he ready in terms of he has had a woeful last few months himself with injury. Would expect Trimble, Tuohy and someone else in very soon.

Last edited:
POC will be kept on as you say. All replacing means is he can't play or be a player training. No problem if he stays on as Schmidt could just as easily add him as a coach technically.

On Ruddock. I'm a fan but I wonder is he ready in terms of he has had a woeful last few months himself with injury. Would expect Trimble, Tuohy and someone else in very soon.

So is it likely POM and POC are out but Sexton and O'Brien will be out for the 1/4?

How much of a miss will POM be to our excellent lineout. Feel this will be a key strength for us against the pumas but will it now be blunted without him?

I was lucky enough to be there yesterday. The Irish were brilliant and their fans even better. Never heard anything like it.

Very impressed with the Millennium, knocks spots off Twickenham in virtually every way. Only gripe is the roof being shut. I know they did it to be fair to everyone, but rugby's still a winter game and the roof should be open unless there's a chance of the game being otherwise postponed.

How much of a miss will POM be to our excellent lineout. Feel this will be a key strength for us against the pumas but will it now be blunted without him?

Eh?

If you go with Toner and Ryan in the row with Henderson at 6, I don't see how the lineout can possibly be weaker.

Eh?

If you go with Toner and Ryan in the row with Henderson at 6, I don't see how the lineout can possibly be weaker.
It'll be weakened that those are all heavier so in a defensive lineout it'll effect us. They're all fabulous guys but Henderson is probably the best equipped to replace POM in the defensive spot of a lineout. D. Ryan is a heavy guy

Ruddock has been called up anyway.
If he's fit he will be an asset. Have no fears of his ability just worried at how little rugby he's played. But has shown before he can do it on the big stage and will be an option at 7 too. I'd consider him more than Jordi as a 7.

I just mean in terms of call sharpness.

I'm probably being too simple here in underestimating that everyone probably gets involved with the lineout work anyway rather than just the matchday 23

I just mean in terms of call sharpness.

I'm probably being too simple here in underestimating that everyone probably gets involved with the lineout work anyway rather than just the matchday 23
The Lineout in the Pro game is very much more detailed and technical than many think. Guys like props will study there own positions but a leader of lineout studies all his guys movements, his own and the oppositions. It could be down to little details like where a lads foot is facing

Just got back from Wales and the atmosphere at the Millennium was amazing.
Ireland were amazing.
The French were dull.
The only downside was the expensive warm Heineken they serve ay 4 little bottles for £17;80

just read Schmidt hallucinatiing excuses for Obrien, i hope this will cost the player an extra month, and that Owen and his team will have to explain themselves on why no video.

Well done Ireland , the best team won. What a fantastic fans support too !

Latest posts