• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: France vs. Ireland (11/10/2015)

Ireland's new one man maul defence. The kid is only 23.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the game yesterday in Cardiff and had two tickets that turned out to be invalid ( at least mine was when I got to the gate)I sold the second to an Irish fan in the Holiday Inn bar in good faith and at a considerable discount at about 1.30 pm yesterday.This is an attempt to find that person as I am a real rugby fan and hate the idea of a fellow fan who had travelled over being out of pocket.

So if you can tell me (1) what county I am from (2)what/who we chatted about (3) the stand, block and row number. (4) what I sold it to you for....I will happily refund you. ps if you are reading this I hope you got in after all maybe and didn't get left outside like me!!
No time wasters please. Don't try and guess the above questions, you won't get them correct. The person who bought it will have no problem recalling the above answers. If you know anyone that might have had this happen to them please forward the link.

Last edited:
Has anybody ever seen Mathieu Bastareaud play well? I've watched him play for France many times over the years and I have never once seen him play well. Don't understand what people see in him.

Ooooossshh! Can't wait for this match!! Go the AB's! Go the Frogs! This one will be a cracker!

Has anybody ever seen Mathieu Bastareaud play well? I've watched him play for France many times over the years and I have never once seen him play well. Don't understand what people see in him.

Agree completely. At least as a centre. He is capable of some line breaks solely on account of how huge he is and how hard he is to take down... But apart from that he doesnt seem to possess any of the qualities needed from a centre :huh: He would do better as a prop!

The Irish no.7 that was Man of the Match, he carried ALL game long, he made a real nuisance of himself on attack and he had a game that was head and shoulders above anyone else on the field.

I watched again yesterday a big part of the quarter final in 2007, wanted to have another look at the refeing of Barnes. Apart the forward pass towards Michalak...

Thats where your argument fell flat on it's face.
There were TWO forward passes both missed by the linesman and the ref.
Game changing errors that hopefully Mr Barnes with his new and much vaunted use of the tmo will see removed from his game.

Latest posts