• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool D: Ireland vs. Canada (19/09/2015)

Aye, they were the only one's I could think of.
There have been plenty of brothers who have played in the same international side (i remember a puff piece about the Armitage brothers about it a few years back). But apart from them I struggle to think of a pair that played in a world cup and played in positions where both scoring would been likely.

There have been plenty of brothers who have played in the same international side (i remember a puff piece about the Armitage brothers about it a few years back). But apart from them I struggle to think of a pair that played in a world cup and played in positions where both scoring would been likely.

Hastings brothers in an early world cup maybe? Brooke brothers for NZ in some early WC rout?

======edit

Hastings bros twice, Japan in 1991; Tonga in 1995

I am the google monster from now till next game kicks off!

Last edited:
I can live with that performance easily enough. Main starters looking sharp and no injuries as far as I can tell. Bonus point win is always nice to have as well.

Underwoods?

Perhaps too easy for bigger games ahead! But maybe that is the cunning baldrick plan!!

Yup Hastings brother's managed it in 1991 world cup against Japan and again in 1995 against Tonga

Nicolás Fernández Miranda & Juan Fernández Miranda for Agentina in the 2003 rugby world cup against Namibia

Manuel Contepomi & Felipe Contepomi for Argentina again 2007 world cup against the SAffers

May have missed some...

- - - Updated - - -

Underwoods?
Yup already got those ;)

Yup Hastings brother's managed it in 1991 world cup against Japan and again in 1995 against Tonga

Nicolás Fernández Miranda & Juan Fernández Miranda for Agentina in the 2003 rugby world cup against Namibia

Manuel Contepomi & Felipe Contepomi for Argentina again 2007 world cup against the SAffers

May have missed some...

- - - Updated - - -

Yup already got those ;)

Trawled the all blacks site (as they would be the obvious place for lots of tries) and there are none....loads played together, but no instances of both scoring....was kind of hoping that Steve and Graeme Bachop had played against each other....

Trawled the all blacks site (as they would be the obvious place for lots of tries) and there are none....loads played together, but no instances of both scoring....was kind of hoping that Steve and Graeme Bachop had played against each other....
I used wikipedia which has all the matches on one page.

My biggest surprise was the lack of minnows doing it, I'd expect brothers to be more likely to play together at lesser levels with a smaller player pool but actually appears less likely to happen.

Brother's being from the genetic stock with minor differences you'd expect those differences to become more apparent at the top level.

Fair to see we have this thing in the bag,.

Must be a fair chance but let us see you have a hard game later in the tournament when we can really see what ya got!! A couple of Welsh type injuries could make a big difference?

Well thoughts on today.
We are improving day by day and building nicely.
Dave Kearney is finally winning me over. I know people slate Earls but I genuinely think these 2 are now our best wingers for the game we playing.
Luke Fitz is a realistic option at 12.
Henderson must be with POC in big games now. I am a fan of Toner but the power of Henderson is a massive asset in that engine room

I long suspected that once Henderson finally got a couple of starts in an Ireland jersey, it would be his for the next ten years. I think we might be seeing the start of this. And to think he was nearly lost to Ulster...

I long suspected that once Henderson finally got a couple of starts in an Ireland jersey, it would be his for the next ten years. I think we might be seeing the start of this. And to think he was nearly lost to Ulster...

I think you'll see him be 4 for Ulster much more now too.

Latest posts