• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 2: New Zealand vs. France (17/10/2015)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
vTRhZ65.png

New%20Zealand.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
France.png

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff (17/10/2015, 20:00)
Quarter Final 2

Referee: Nigel Owens
23px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png

Last edited:
We've got this.

26 - 15.

Close in the first half, they might even be leading going into the 50 minute mark, we will bring on Vito and Cane, Barrett and SBW and finish them off.

We've got this.

26 - 15.

Close in the first half, they might even be leading going into the 50 minute mark, we will bring on Vito and Cane, Barrett and SBW and finish them off.

I don't know. You lost Woodcock, so no tries from a lineout move. Also, your scrum is now a bit weakened without your anchor. And the last time you faced the French in Cardiff, you lost...

Also, France had their poor game against Ireland, so they will come out guns blazing. I think this will be a very very close game.

I don't know. You lost Woodcock, so no tries from a lineout move. Also, your scrum is now a bit weakened without your anchor. And the last time you faced the French in Cardiff, you lost...

Also, France had their poor game against Ireland, so they will come out guns blazing. I think this will be a very very close game.

What games have you been watching? Our scrum will be better without Woody and Crockett provides a lot more mobility at #1.

Also I just watched the French get flattened by Ireland and I'm pretty tired of reading about blah blah history and QF 07 this and 99 that. It's all ********.

I would love to be so confident as to write off the French. Unfortunately, I just don't know...

What games have you been watching? Our scrum will be better without Woody and Crockett provides a lot more mobility at #1.

Crockett?? Lol! He's a scrum penalty waiting to happen. And he gave away a lot of penalties in the Super Rugby. If the referee's are going to police it correctly, then the All Blacks could be in trouble at scrum time.

Crockett?? Lol! He's a scrum penalty waiting to happen. And he gave away a lot of penalties in the Super Rugby. If the referee's are going to police it correctly, then the All Blacks could be in trouble at scrum time.

That's an ancient myth about Crockett that he's longed dispelled seasons ago. Woody is clearly past it and has been buckling, raising, angling in and getting done in the outfield. We're improved with his absence and Moodys addition, your points are very dated.

That's an ancient myth about Crockett that he's longed dispelled seasons ago. Woody is clearly past it and has been buckling, raising, angling in and getting done in the outfield. We're improved with his absence and Moodys addition, your points are very dated.

It's an opinion based on the perceptions I have seen in the Super Rugby and RC. I personally have never rated Crockett as a prop, And think that starting him might be a mistake. But then again, we don't know yet who the referee is going to be, who he'll play against or if he'll even start...

It's an opinion based on the perceptions I have seen in the Super Rugby and RC. I personally have never rated Crockett as a prop, And think that starting him might be a mistake. But then again, we don't know yet who the referee is going to be, who he'll play against or if he'll even start...

Our scrum isn't that strong at the moment, but fortunately a scrum doesn't win or lose you a game, so what if we get beat in the scrums? Last I checked there's more to the game than a bloody scrum.

Our scrum isn't that strong at the moment, but fortunately a scrum doesn't win or lose you a game, so what if we get beat in the scrums? Last I checked there's more to the game than a bloody scrum.

That sums up the difference between the NH and SH games more than any other post!!

Well, losing a scrum results into penalties. And perhaps you haven't seen many World Cup games other than the ones NZ played in, but the referees are rather strict at the scrums. We have seen penalty tries, and plenty of yellow cards given to props for buckling in the scrums.

Yes the game is more than a bloody scrum, but if you suffer in this one facet, the rest of your game will struggle.

The French are a shrewd bunch (Graham Henry's words).

Personally I think they foxxed the game against Ireland so they could play NZ. They are probably the only team in the world that would do that. And probably the only team so damn confident of beating NZ in a knock out game.

On paper and form NZ should outplay them. French attack seems blunt.

However I expect France will simplify their game further. Be more direct. They won't be easy to knock over. Getting forward parity let alone dominance will be difficult. I expect Dusutoir to take charge of the team. He has great respect from the players. More respect than the coach.

Well, losing a scrum results into penalties. And perhaps you haven't seen many World Cup games other than the ones NZ played in, but the referees are rather strict at the scrums. We have seen penalty tries, and plenty of yellow cards given to props for buckling in the scrums.

Yes the game is more than a bloody scrum, but if you suffer in this one facet, the rest of your game will struggle.

Perhaps you haven't watched many All Blacks games, because we don't often have scrum dominance, but that has never mattered because of our superior game in other areas. Anyhow I don't want to spam this thread any further. We probably will struggle a little in the scrum, but not enough for us to lose.

I think the AB's will have to close out the game in the first half. If the French can hold on into the second half, the AB's could crack under the pressure. I WANT the AB's to win, so they better be at least 20 ahead after the first 40 minutes.

The French are a shrewd bunch (Graham Henry's words).

Personally I think they foxxed the game against Ireland so they could play NZ. They are probably the only team in the world that would do that. And probably the only team so damn confident of beating NZ in a knock out game.

Stuff like this going around is just silly and quite honestly, annoying.

Whilst the all blacks might not have scrum dominance they have a strong scrum anyway.

If a team loses there own scrum it becomes a mountain to climb.

I can see the French winning this, IF they get scrum dominance and front ball keeps momentum.

Also I just watched the French get flattened by Ireland and I'm pretty tired of reading about blah blah history and QF 07 this and 99 that. It's all ********.

These posters are likely the same group that swear black and blue that Barnes never cocked that 07 game up royally.........

We beat this ramshackle mob 30 nill two year ago! FFS. 30 NIL!!! They came over here with a point to prove after 2011 and failed miserably and imo have never been the same team they were pre 2011. Pre 2011 they were pretty capable. I forget what year they beat us in Dunedin and I remember another match with Chabal (wellington in 2009 I believe) where they were fairly impressive pre 2011. But they've been crap ever since 2011 end of story.

You'd think with all that scrum dominance Argentina have had over the years they would have notched up a win vs the ABs by now the way you blokes go on about it.

At the margins Crockett can get pinged a bit on a bad day (anyone have official scrum penalty stats?) but the Crusaders had the 2nd best scrum in Super. After playing 14 games I'm sure Crockett played some kind of part in that. I would rate his work around the field as being generally better than his set piece play though.

Latest posts