• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 3: Ireland vs. Argentina (18/10/2015)

You could equally say that it's lucky for Argentina that Ireland aren't clinical enough to exploit their weakness. I also think that they played fast and loose against Tonga and Namibia (I didn't see that game, going on reports) - will they play the same way? Perhaps - but although they risk conceding tries, fast and loose definitely suits them. I'm going to stick my neck out and say you won't be crossing your fingers for an open game come Sunday afternoon, amirite?
I hope it's the most boring game of the World Cup with more kicking than El Classico!!!

We've also had the best rucking percentage in the last two 6N, that's just the most recent stats, Ireland are known for the breakdown in the same way Argentina are for the scrum.

I said: "I want to see those statistics against NZ and OZ". The puma is a completely different animal to what you've faced so far. The Irish players will have to leave the field in wheelchairs to beat us

Last edited:
I hope it's the most boring game of the World Cup with more kicking than El Classico!!!

I hope it's a festival of running rugby, I'll be there hungover as **** from watching the ABs lose the day before and wearing my only sky-blue t-shirt!

nahuel tetaz chaparro is out of the tournament due to injurie. juan figallo called in!! good news if he`s fit!!

Pumas training:

14163431.jpg
14163450.jpg

Finally we get the best scrum prop in the world.

Been waiting for him forever.

Hope he gives his 100%

Finally we get the best scrum prop in the world.

Been waiting for him forever.

Hope he gives his 100%

You got that loosehead from Georgia???

Argentina breeds some big guys, must be all the beef they eat?Send some over to SA please, the Bulls need 2 new props for next SR season.

Figallo is a thousand times better than that Georgia mass of muscles, he destroyed AB's scrum in 2011 world cup while being 23. We couldn't have him for years and now by mere chance he's here.

Curious road though: he was the first option but got injured, so we had to call Herrera for starter, and then he got injured too so we had to call Tetaz Chaparro, and those georgian guys were actually playing against the replacement of the replacement.

Now Tetaz Chaparro is out and the original starter comes in again.

And now Figallo will get yet another injury and we'll have to call cumpa Herrera in and start all over again.

lol

Irish injury update.

Spoke with Keith Earls myself. He's fit.
Sexton won't be 100% but the gamble will be taken it seems.
Rob Kearney had minor issue with back again too but will be training and fit.

Had POM in Munster Camp this week. His knee is bad. Will be out for possibly whole season. Can't operate for 3-4 weeks so will be doing some prehab for the op in pool and bicycle.

I don't see Ireland getting past the try line though, Sexton and Madigan will score all Irish points but it won't suffice.

Why not? Weve scored a try every match, 2 for most of them. In fact Id wager we will get a try, likely from slippy Argentinian hands.

Irish injury update.

Spoke with Keith Earls myself. He's fit.
Sexton won't be 100% but the gamble will be taken it seems.
Rob Kearney had minor issue with back again too but will be training and fit.

Had POM in Munster Camp this week. His knee is bad. Will be out for possibly whole season. Can't operate for 3-4 weeks so will be doing some prehab for the op in pool and bicycle.
Kearney's arguably the most important of those for this match, he's been great this tournament. Good news for Earlsy, maybe we can get him a pair of Feic's rugby gloves though?! ;)

Kearney's arguably the most important of those for this match, he's been great this tournament. Good news for Earlsy, maybe we can get him a pair of Feic's rugby gloves though?! ;)
Delighted you mentioned Earls handling as I was looking at stats and wow how people get so hooked on 1 player is gas.

Irelands knock-ons and handling errors so far in RWC.
Keith Earls has 3. (2 were knock ons)
Cian healy has 7. (5 were knock ons)
Sean O'Brien has 3. As has Sexton and Dave Kearney. (3 were knock ons for DK and SOB)
Zebo and Bowe have 2 (both knock ons). But it's amazing what you'd miss when just watching for 1 guys errors. Hopefully we have a lot of those Mitts Cmac for other guys too.

And since some love to hammer Earls here's other stats.
He's joint top scorer with Rob Kearney.
Zebo is our top assist man with 3. Earls has 1.
Earls is our top "clean breaks man" with 4. Joint second was Payne and Rob Kearney.
For loose balls collected Earls is 2nd best with 7 to Rob Kearneys 9.
He's Ireland best for metres run 242m out of 33 carries. Rob is 2nd with 231m out of 70.

Fun 1 now. Tackles
Heaslip 37
Henderson 34
KEITH EARLS 3rd with 27

Tackles missed.
Sean O'Brien - 6
Keith Earls - 5
Dave Kearney - 4
Rory Best - 4
Cian Healy - 3

Delighted you mentioned Earls handling as I was looking at stats and wow how people get so hooked on 1 player is gas.

Irelands knock-ons and handling errors so far in RWC.
Keith Earls has 3. (2 were knock ons)
Cian healy has 7. (5 were knock ons)
Sean O'Brien has 3. As has Sexton and Dave Kearney. (3 were knock ons for DK and SOB)
Zebo and Bowe have 2 (both knock ons). But it's amazing what you'd miss when just watching for 1 guys errors. Hopefully we have a lot of those Mitts Cmac for other guys too.

And since some love to hammer Earls here's other stats.
He's joint top scorer with Rob Kearney.
Zebo is our top assist man with 3. Earls has 1.
Earls is our top "clean breaks man" with 4. Joint second was Payne and Rob Kearney.
For loose balls collected Earls is 2nd best with 7 to Rob Kearneys 9.
He's Ireland best for metres run 242m out of 33 carries. Rob is 2nd with 231m out of 70.

Fun 1 now. Tackles
Heaslip 37
Henderson 34
KEITH EARLS 3rd with 27

Tackles missed.
Sean O'Brien - 6
Keith Earls - 5
Dave Kearney - 4
Rory Best - 4
Cian Healy - 3

Certain try **** ups against tier 1 opposition:
Earls: 1
Everyone else: 0

I was just taking the **** Muff! I'd also imagine that Earls has the most minutes and 5 missed tackles for an outside centre is very worrying given the nature of the position, but overall he's as effective as Cave or Fitz at 13 and if Schmidt thinks he's the man to beat Argentina than I trust the call.

Latest posts