• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 4: Australia vs. Scotland (18/10/2015)

I think the point being over looked here is that if Joubert had made the right call it did not put Scotland into the semis. The media is suggesting the game was done and dusted at the point of this call when in actual fact there was 2 minutes to play

I'm sure Welsh fans can back that up - Was it 2012 when they scored a try, from their own half, with the clock red to win it?

Last edited:
Your comprehension skills are truly astounding. I take it you must lecture at University.

You said, effectively, that it doesn't matter if Australia get a dodgy call which favours them and that the opposing team only have themselves to blame as they weren't far enough ahead in points to counter the effect of the penalty.

You said, effectively, that it doesn't matter if Australia get a dodgy call which favours them and that the opposing team only have themselves to blame as they weren't far enough ahead in points to counter the effect of the penalty.

I'm saying that a game is made up of more than one call in one minute and that if you want to complain that you should have won a game based on one call, then people are within their rights to comb over the game to see if any other calls were questionable that favored the side complaining. As it turns out, there were quite a few

I'm saying that a game is made up of more than one call in one minute and that if you want to complain that you should have won a game based on one call, then people are within their rights to comb over the game to see if any other calls were questionable that favored the side complaining. As it turns out, there were quite a few

I disagree, a bad call in the dying seconds of a match is a completely different beast to a bad call where a team has the time to 'reply' to it by way of aggression/change of tactic etc. We will have to agree to disagree to avoid a never ending debate though :lol:

If Australia got a scrum instead of a penalty, I still think they would've won the game. From that same scrum, they would've gotten a penalty and Folley would kick it over. They have BMT and would've closed the game out there. To be honest I don't think Scotland expected to win the game.

- - - Updated - - -

You deserve to lose if you concede 5 tries. Bad calls or not.

If this was a facebook post I would click on LIKE.

If Australia got a scrum instead of a penalty, I still think they would've won the game. From that same scrum, they would've gotten a penalty and Folley would kick it over.
Mind if i borrow that crystal ball of yours?

If Australia got a scrum instead of a penalty, I still think they would've won the game. From that same scrum, they would've gotten a penalty and Folley would kick it over. They have BMT and would've closed the game out there. To be honest I don't think Scotland expected to win the game.

I actually agree with this. Australia looked good, they knew what to do under pressure.

Mind if i borrow that crystal ball of yours?

I think you are missing the point. I am saying that Australia would of had a scrum in an attacking position deep in Scotland Territory and therefore the game would of still be up in the air. The suggestion from a lot of people is that Scotland would of won if the knock on was given but its not like that at all. The fact is they threw to the back of the line out in the rain and put themselves in that position.

I think you are missing the point. I am saying that Australia would of had a scrum in an attacking position deep in Scotland Territory and therefore the game would of still be up in the air. The suggestion from a lot of people is that Scotland would of won if the knock on was given but its not like that at all. The fact is they threw to the back of the line out in the rain and put themselves in that position.

This.

Scotland also have themselves to blame for not just throwing it to the front and securing their own ball. Once they messed up their lineout, it was a lottery, which they did not need to make. The only thing Joubert did wrong was run off the pitch at the end without shaking hands with the captains.

A team should still be able to make a bad decision without risk of a dodgy penalty though... Joubert ran off because people were throwing things at him.

A team should still be able to make a bad decision without risk of a dodgy penalty though... Joubert ran off because people were throwing things at him.
They didn't make a bad decision that risked a dodgy penalty though... they made a bad decision and got a marginally wrong call go against them that ended up costing them 3 points. They then kicked off after that, and inexplicably kicked deep. If they had any sense they'd have at least TRIED a short kick off to try win back possession.

They didn't make a bad decision that risked a dodgy penalty though... they made a bad decision and got a marginally wrong call go against them that ended up costing them 3 points. They then kicked off after that, and inexplicably kicked deep. If they had any sense they'd have at least TRIED a short kick off to try win back possession.

So, they made two bad decisions? :| And Jouberts decision was bad, the Rugby body wouldn't out him if it was just the usual kind of mix up.

So, they made two bad decisions? :| And Jouberts decision was bad, the Rugby body wouldn't out him if it was just the usual kind of mix up.
World Rugby came out because it's a body centred in the home nations and therefore massively panders to them. It's agreed by almost everyone that the Tuilagi decision was embarrassingly wrong, but as I said before, no outrage and no public correction because f#ck him if he ain't white and from the UK.

Latest posts