[2015 RWC] Quarter Final 4: Australia vs. Scotland (18/10/2015)

Discussion in 'Rugby World Cup 2015' started by TRF_heineken, Oct 12, 2015.

1. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum First XV

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Rebels

you know Dale Steyn wishes he bowled that ball underarm to Elliot

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Sonic Kiwi

Sonic Kiwi BANNED!!!

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

New Zealand

Yeah but we sent food parcels of Pavlova to South Africa to 'claim' Elliot.

I think it's unfair that we sent Andrew Merhtens food parcels during '95, being that he was actually born in South African. Bloody food poisoning I reckon

4. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum First XV

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Rebels

South Africa called, they want Irene Van Dyke back... They called us too, they want Kepler Wessels back :)

5. Sonic Kiwi

Sonic Kiwi BANNED!!!

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

New Zealand

Fair enough, you can keep Cooper, Deans and we'll even give you Crowded House but we'll never give you Bondi

Back to the rugby old mate.

6. Cliffyboy

Cliffyboy Academy Player

Country Flag:

UK

Club or Nation:

England

So who has custardy of Pavlova, New Zealand or Australia?

7. KeyboardWorrier

KeyboardWorrier Bench Player

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

Chiefs

New Zealand.

edit; Oh, I see what you did there.... :bravo:

8. Tony Manx

Tony Manx TRF Season Ticket Holder

Club or Nation:

Biarritz

If ever a thread got off topic, this is it!!

We are now down to discussions on the Aus semi and cricket!

Both of these topics have their own thread and you should just let this thread die a natural death!!!

9. Cliffyboy

Cliffyboy Academy Player

Country Flag:

UK

Club or Nation:

England

I don't agree- this topic is sweet.

10. RoosTah

RoosTah First XV

Country Flag:

Australia

Club or Nation:

Sydney

Deal. But you have to take back Russell Crowe.

11. Cliffyboy

Cliffyboy Academy Player

Country Flag:

UK

Club or Nation:

England

You must be raven mad.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

New Zealand

I guess all we can do is call the offenders out on it; tell them it's not acceptable etc ... I sure hope the bottle thrower was caught and received a ban from future games. Rugby is great in the sense that fans from opposing teams don't need to be physically separated (unlike Soccer in some countries), and, just as we should expect that we can attend matches without fear of physical harm, so too should we expect that Officials and Players to be able to partake in the game without any nasty consequences from the fans ... it's worth fighting for (figuratively speaking), by setting the example, and verbally explaining what's not acceptable.

To me, I think seeking some kind of vengeance on match officials, lacks a certain amount of maturity ... life is full of disappointments, we as adults are expected to cope, so how hard is it to get over the loss of a game that involved some officiating errors.

13. Will

Will Academy Player

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Glasgow

I woulnd't mind so much if you had the slightest hint of an argument here, but you don't:

http://twitter.com/AusCelticsFan/status/657085146303102976/video/1

And as for the whole Aus v Sco game, I'm over it. The abuse of Joubert from some idiots was wrong (though not quite what some are trying to present) and despite the wrong decision at the end I've no doubt it was made in good faith. I can accept that referee's make mistakes, though as I have already said, my issue with Joubert is his sprinting off the pitch at the end. I've already given my views on the game, and and the various (and often nonsense) arguments such as claims of racism or favouritism or the validity of tries scored, well I really can't be doing with it any more.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  14. RugbyTackle91

RugbyTackle91 Academy Player

Country Flag:

Argentina

I think the argument was around why the referees did not go to the TMO and I agree with the abuse and arguments. To be honest it was all an absolute disgrace as far as Rugby is concerned, I have never seen a decision/outcome cause so much handbags and accusations/football mentality over a ref and his decision.

15. Saint4805

Saint4805 Academy Player

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Glasgow

Get a grip man. I hardly think a few bitter keyboard warriers constitutes all Scots.

Six nations results and pre-tournement form have absolutely nothing to do with who 'deserves' a semi-final spot. The possibility of an underdog upsetting one of the big guns and going further in the tournement than expected is what makes this sport and competition more magical. Look at the positive reaction around the world when Japan upset the boks. Events like this generate such a feelgood factor and get more youngsters involved in the sport than would have otherwise been the case. A similar upset almost happened here in the QFs. Take that away and things become very predictable and less exciting.

16. RugbyTackle91

RugbyTackle91 Academy Player

Country Flag:

Argentina

- - - Updated - - -

You are right, no one has a divine right when it comes to a Rugby world cup. I will say that Australia were certainly the better team but they also gave away soft tries to keep Scotland in the game right until the end. I guess if you look at the game Scotland were riding their luck with interceptions and charge downs etc and eventually it ran out, but if Scotland had one you couldn't say they did not deserve it as Australia put themselves in those situations.

17. The Jones Boy

The Jones Boy First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

New Zealand

The jocks played out of their skins, the Aussies rested their two best players and it nearly backfired on them

18. Jaguares

Jaguares First XV

Country Flag:

Argentina

Club or Nation:

Argentina

Australia played with the half of their forces and hopefully still made 5/6 tries. The aggressiveness in defense was very different to that demonstrated against England or Wales.

Everyone said it was an easy match, Scotland fought for the honor of the NH and they were the local team, it was as if they were playing in Edinburgh, all the Englishmen supported them. Australia came relaxed and gave two easy tries through unforced errors that an Australia at 100% doesn't. Australia played its worst game and still managed to overtake his rival. They won't return to play in such a low level, it's a wake up call to the last weeks of competition.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  19. The Jones Boy

The Jones Boy First XV

Country Flag:

New Zealand

Club or Nation:

New Zealand

Agreed.
    Aussie will be a much tougher proposition tomorrow.

20. Jaguares

Jaguares First XV

Country Flag:

Argentina

Club or Nation:

Argentina

It was like the NZ games at the pool stage. Months before people knew the ABs would win all those games easily and wasn't a real challenge for them, then the ABs played without motivation. While Georgia, Tonga and Namibia entered motivated because for many would be his only test against the best team in the world. The same thing happened between Scotland and Australia. The difference is that Scotland is a better side than Tonga or Georgia and has a top class head coach like Vern Cotter.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  21. Will

Will Academy Player

Country Flag:

Scotland

Club or Nation:

Glasgow

So Australia played without motivation in a world cup quarter final? Seems reasonable.

Or could it be that there's a real shock at an Australia team who played a Scotland team that gifted them 5 tries, played with heart but poorly in execution at times, and they still relied on a refereeing mistake at the death to win it?

No, surely it must be down to the professionalism of the Australian players.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!