• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 2: Australia vs. Argentina (25/10/2015)

austingtur how did I (and probably others) know that would be you reaction

Tony Manx put it best 2 point net gain from that yellow no point arguing about it now

Thats not the point and you know it.

Australia still scored within a couple of minutes of that decision.

And as I predicted Barnes breakdown control is the worst you can find anywhere.

I am so so glad Barnes is not reffing the final.

Very big of you to admit Australia is genuinely the second best in the world Kiwi_. You're certainly right about our depth - the Scotland game showed that and on tonight you get the feeling that if Pocock had been there for that game Scotland wouldn't have got within 20. That's a big problem frankly.

Either way, it should be a cracking final, but looking at a lot of the half breaks the Argies made the Wallabies will have a lot of work to do if they want to trouble the ABs, because they'd have converted a lot of those opportunities into tries.

Didn't you guys rob Japan of their rightful spot in the qtrs with dodgy decisions? Yep, you did. Oh, and what dodgy decision gave Australia 4 tries?

I hear the scots are still upset about this: http://www.thefaultreport.com.au/sport/scotland-fuming-that-referee-didnt-stop-australian-tries/

Come on sanzar stop taking the bait bro.

Best final for the RWC I can think of, with the best ref.will be a good advertisement for the game if the last 2 teams can play the way we know they can. Both teams are 1 a piece this year, and it's winner takes all next week.
Happy the pumas helped empty the Aussies tank a week out from the final.

Incorrect, your passing was terrible and the first 10 minutes you lost the game with pathetic defending and trying to play rugby at stupid areas of the park, it's disappointing. The Australians aren't immense, you lacked a clinical halfback who could deliver good ball to your backline.

I agree with this. Those are the things that didn't click. I think the pumas started the game with the idea of scoring quick early tries like against Ireland, and got punished. Too revved up and trying passes and breaks in dangerous positions.

Australia are the 2nd best team in the world. I have no doubt about that, but they're very fragile and have no depth, a key injury in certain areas is the difference between them being a tier 1 and tier 2 team. They don't have the bench to match the AB's.

Barnes is a total **** job and needs to be removed from the sport, he's ridiculous.

There are always bad calls. Argentina got away with some penalties not being conceded at the breakdown as well. Blaming the ref gets boring. Everyone does it after every single match. The best team won and that's it.

And I wouldn't be too cocky about that final... I agree the ABs are favourites, but by a slim margin.

Well, that was kind of inevitable after the first quarter. Aussie defence was good and bad in equal measure. Bad in that they give away a lot of breaks, but good in scrambling to prevent the score. Argentina's execution didn't help, either. Haven't quite got the understanding of the ABs, who just offload blindly, knowing someone will be there. Can see the final being a quite open game, tries guaranteed. Not sure the scrum will play that much of a part. ABs didn't have one for 30+ mins against France, and 25 min yesterday. Hopefully the weather behaves itself. Best two teams in the final, may the best one win.

Not 100% sure the final will be an open game at all too much at stake and both sides potentially lethal in the loose. Can see other tightening up quite a bit unless a definite lead is built. History tells us this usually the case in World Cup finals can't see this one being any different.

I think Argentina's attacking ambitions in the first half were naive. They rarely attempted to build pressure through phases, went wide too easily and got isolated a lot. I suspect this go-wide-early approach was intentional to take the pooper factor away but it did not work at all. They took a more traditional approach in the 2nd half and it was much more effective.

I agree with this. Those are the things that didn't click. I think the pumas started the game with the idea of scoring quick early tries like against Ireland, and got punished. Too revved up and trying passes and breaks in dangerous positions.

There are always bad calls. Argentina got away with some penalties not being conceded at the breakdown as well. Blaming the ref gets boring. Everyone does it after every single match. The best team won and that's it.

And I wouldn't be too cocky about that final... I agree the ABs are favourites, but by a slim margin.

And that's the sort of attitude that allows incompetence to go unpunished and largely ignored to the point where they complete change the complexion of a tournament.

Well done Australia, this it's the final the World expected.
The first two tries kill the Puma's game. Several times the australians defence were in offside.
I predict the boks will make a massacre with the Pumas in the third place game. Argentina is done.

Does anyone care about the third place game really? Do teams? Do players? Do coaches? Do fans?

My team have never been in one since I can remember so wondering what peoples thoughts are. Yes I'd want England to win any game of rugby but coming 3rd in RWC would I be bothers about that acolade probably not.

Does anyone care about the third place game really? Do teams? Do players? Do coaches? Do fans?

My team have never been in one since I can remember so wondering what peoples thoughts are. Yes I'd want England to win any game of rugby but coming 3rd in RWC would I be bothers about that acolade probably not.

Not really, it's almost an insulting game, it's one neither team wants to play.. they just want to go home. I know I would be feeling like that, how do you mentally get up for a game after losing a semi-final.. they should just flag it. I don't even bother watching them.

*yawn* this is getting boring now....

64547d33c6cbd1c6b6e5cdd2ded3fef0.jpg

And that's the sort of attitude that allows incompetence to go unpunished and largely ignored to the point where they complete change the complexion of a tournament.

Changing the complexion of a tournament are strong words.

You're saying Argentina should've played Scotland? Or that they would've won today if it wasn't for Barnes? When it comes down to it, Australia played better than both teams and are deserved finalists. So the tournament is fine.

For teams like England, Australia, NZ, France or SA, it is usual to reach finals in the RWC, but for the Argentina's Rugby to be between the 4 finalist is a big achievement. That's why the third place is important for us.

- - - Updated - - -

For teams like England, Australia, NZ, France or SA, it is usual to reach finals in the RWC, but for the Argentina's Rugby to be between the 4 finalist is a big achievement. That's why the third place is important for us.

Aussie were too good ; plain and simple.
The Pumas in the first half were woeful.
The sin binning was harsh and spelled the end of the game. A penalty was enough.
The extra tackling the Pumas had to do meant they were utterly exhausted by the 60 minute mark and I still don't know why Aussie didn't get a hatful of tries.
Wayne Barnes didn't go to the TMO, which i'm ok with but Woodward and dallaglio looked like they wanted to make an issue out of it.
The Pumas looked rudderless and lost, they looked like their first game in the RC all over again.
Last week against the irish they were far kore determined and discipline.
This week they were like school kids among men.
Aussie deserved it and they were better than the scoreboard, much better.

Our record isn't that good QF last time up and dropped out at group stages this time. Just we made two finals in a row (the second which we punched well above our weight that year) the boosts us up a little.

Not really, it's almost an insulting game, it's one neither team wants to play.. they just want to go home. I know I would be feeling like that, how do you mentally get up for a game after losing a semi-final.. they should just flag it. I don't even bother watching them.

I have watched any that involve NZ and the 2007 one when Argentina dismantled France.

The Argies turned up to play and never gave up, the French looked in complete disarray, was a great game, only reason I watched was because I was impressed with Argentina that year and their style of play.

If we didn't have so many injuries today, I'd have tipped us to win 3rd place. But without Imhoff, Creevy and Hernandez and many other players battered, don't think we can beat boks.

It its indeed important for players like Lobbe who are retiring.

Latest posts