• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Warm Up Match: France vs England (22/08/2015)

TobesHodges

Bench Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Reds
247px-France_Rugby_Logo.svg.pngVersus Challenge.pngengland flag.jpeg

Date: Saturday, 22 August, 20:00 BST

France XV:

1.Eddy Ben Arous 2.Guilhem Guirado 3.Rabah Silmani 4.Pascal Pape 5.Yoann Maestri 6.Damien Chouly 7.Bernard Le Roux 8.Louis Picamoles 9.Sebastian Tillous-Borde 10.Frederic Michalak 11.Noa Nakaitaci 12.Wesley Fofana 13.Mathieu Bastareaud 14.Yoann Huget 15.Scott Spedding​

Replacements: 16.Benjamin Kayser 17.Vincent Debaty 18.Uini Atonio 19.Alexandre Flanquart 20.Yannick Nyanga 21.Rory Kockott 22.Remi Tales 23.Gael Fickou

England XV:

1.Joe Marler 2.Tom Youngs 3.Dan Cole 4.Joe Launchbury 5.Courtney Lawes 6.James Haskell 7.Chris Robshaw 8.Billy Vunipola 9.Ben Youngs 10.George Ford 11.Johnny May 12.Luther Burrell 13.Jonothan Joseph 14.Jack Nowell 15.Mike Brown​

Replacements: 16.Jamie George 17.Mako Vuinpola 18.Dave Wilson 19.Dave Attwood 20.Nick Easter 21.Danny Care 22.Danny Cipriani 23.Billy Twelvetrees​

Last edited:
Think the team may look like this: 1.Corbisero 2.George 3.Wilson 4.Attwood 5.Parling 6.Haskell 7.Wood 8.Morgan 9.Wigglesworth 10.Farrell 11.May 12.Burgess 13.Burrell 14.Nowell 15.Cipriani Reps: 16.M.Vunipola 17.Marler 18.Cowan-Dickie 19.Kruis 20.Clark 21.Care 22.Slade 23.Goode

At a guess..

Last edited:
Doubt Cips will start tbh. More likely Foden or Brown.

Burrell will need a very big game. I'm really not as convinced as the press seem to be that he makes the squad. If we assume BB and Joseph are nailed on, Burrell has to do a lot to get past Slade and Burgess.

Anyone know when the team will be announced?

Be surprised to see Wiggi and Farrell start two week running would of thought Lancaster would like to take a look at Ford with any of the centre combinations before the Ireland game (assuming that will be close to the 23). Wigglesworth put a very good marker down on Saturday and I think Care deserves to show he can do it at the start. Also they may to gives B. Youngs a run out from the bench.

On the bench front T. Youngs or Webber may be worth a run out as well personally I think LCD did a lot to ruin his chances at getting in the squad and it's more about how the other play rather than him trying to redeem himself.

it could be interesting, i think if Burgess gets another hit out then he's in the squad bar an absolute shocker.

I think we will see a near full strength team with a few testers in to start and the proven guys on the bench.

1 corbs
2 Webber
3 Wilson
4 lauchbeery
5 lanes
6 Haskell
7 robshaw
8 Morgan
9 care
10 ford
11 Novell
12 Burrell
13 JJ
14 May/foden/ Watson
15 brown/ foden

Then the proven bunch who only need 30 minutes before Ireland.

16 youngs
17 marler
18 Cole
19 parking/ Atwood
20 binny
21 youngs
22 cipriani
23 Barritt

That's what I think we will see

I think we will see a near full strength team with a few testers in to start and the proven guys on the bench.

1 corbs
2 Webber
3 Wilson
4 lauchbeery
5 lanes
6 Haskell
7 robshaw
8 Morgan
9 care
10 ford
11 Novell
12 Burrell
13 JJ
14 May/foden/ Watson
15 brown/ foden

16 youngs
17 marler
18 Cole
19 parking/ Atwood
20 binny
21 youngs
22 cipriani
23 Barritt

I agree, sort of. I'd be inclined to agree with above posters in terms of Burgess; seems foolish to follow up a decent-ish performance without giving him another crack. He ought to get some time in with Ford too, so I'd imagine those two will hold down the 10/12 channel.

I also can't see Cipriani making the cut now. If Slade can cover 10 off the bench, and Goode has shown he's the clear backup at 15, he looks like he's the odd one out. Either he starts at 15, or he's not in the 23.

It depends on what angle SL is going to look at it either:-

Think the team may look like this: 1.Corbisero 2.George 3.Wilson 4.Attwood 5.Parling 6.Haskell 7.Wood 8.Morgan 9.Wigglesworth 10.Farrell 11.May 12.Burgess 13.Burrell 14.Nowell 15.Cipriani Reps: 16.M.Vunipola 17.Marler 18.Cowan-Dickie 19.Kruis 20.Clark 21.Care 22.Slade 23.Goode

At a guess..

1. He plays the sort of team I mentioned.
PROS: playing a few players who still need to state a claim and letting the guys from last week finish the job, also stills makes it a nothing to lose game in the sense of moral, like last weekend if we win its a great win if we lose then oh well it was a 2nd string team.
CONS: We don't get the engines of the real starters going into a big game against Ireland next week, they could hit the match cold, where as Ireland have been playing quite a few starters in the Warm ups.

1 corbs
2 Webber
3 Wilson
4 lauchbeery
5 lanes
6 Haskell
7 robshaw
8 Morgan
9 care
10 ford
11 Novell
12 Burrell
13 JJ
14 May/foden/ Watson
15 brown/ foden

16 youngs
17 marler
18 Cole
19 parking/ Atwood
20 binny
21 youngs
22 cipriani
23 Barritt

2. He plays the team you have mentioned
PROS: It would get a lot of the combinations going, blow off a lot of cobwebs from the last 4-5 weeks and would be great to get a win with a starter(Ish) team going into Ireland next weekend.
CONS: If we some how lose this game with a starter team out, it would be a big moral hit, so close to the WC, would rather lose to 2nd in the world than France so close to the first WC game.

I think this is the predicament the England coaching will have..

Scoop: inside les Bleus WC (toilet) preparation - How the Beatles can offer clues to decipher les Bleus

PSA: Let us take you down...Cause we're going to Strawberry Fields...nothing is real..

Lagisquet:
Rugby is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see

It's getting hard to be someone
But it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me

Let us take you down
Cause we're going to Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real

All getting a bit surreal.

With Brad now out, I can't see any option but to give Burgess a run out with JJ. In an ideal world, Slade would be 2 stone heavier and we wouldn't be having this debate, but if SL is serious about giving him a chance to crack the lineup ought he not start?

Telegraph reporting the team is:

England: M Brown; J Nowell, J Joseph, L Burrell, J May; G Ford, B Youngs; J Marler, T Youngs, D Cole, J Launchbury, C Lawes, J Haskell, C Robshaw, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Jamie George, Kieran Brookes, David Wilson, Dave Attwood, Nick Easter, Danny Care, Danny Cipriani, Billy Twelvetrees.

Telegraph reporting the team is:

England: M Brown; J Nowell, J Joseph, L Burrell, J May; G Ford, B Youngs; J Marler, T Youngs, D Cole, J Launchbury, C Lawes, J Haskell, C Robshaw, B Vunipola.

Replacements: Jamie George, Kieran Brookes, David Wilson, Dave Attwood, Nick Easter, Danny Care, Danny Cipriani, Billy Twelvetrees.

36 again.

Insert head vs. brick wall gif here.

Pretty close to first team....I'm a little surprised.

Latest posts