• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Warm Up Match: Italy vs Scotland (22/08/2015)

iINDOMINUSxx

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
Italy.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
Scotland.png

22 August 2015, 20:00 CEST (UTC+02)
Stadio Olimpico di Torino, Turin

My Prediction:
Well this should be a win for us but with recent results it look like it can go either way, depending how Scotland or Italy turn up. We will be looking for revenge from our last game against Italy. But Italy will look to get they're warm up games to a good start. We will be trying out some players again and Italy might also give some uncapped players a chance.

Scotland squad for the game.

Forwards:
Adam ashe
Kevin Bryce
Mike Cusack
Alisdair Dickinson
Ross Ford
Grant Gilchrist (C)
Richie Gray
Jim Hamilton
John Hardie
Stuart McInally
Willem Nel
Gordon Reid
Alasdair Strokosch
Hamish Watson

Backs:
Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
Peter Horne
Damien Hoyland
Rory Hughes
Ruaridh Jackson
Sean Lamont
Henry Pyrgos
Matt Scott
Greig Tonks
Richie Vernon
Duncan Weir

My starting XV

1.) Alisdair Dickinson
2.) Stuart McInally
3.) WP Nel
4.) Richie Gray
5.) Grant Gilchrist
6.) Alasdair Strokosch
7.) Hamish Watson
8.) Adam Ashe

9.) Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
10.) Duncan Weir
11.) Sean Lamont
12.) Peter Horne
13.) Richie Vernon
14.) Damien Hoyland
15.) Rory Jackson

16.) Ross Ford
17.) Gordon Reid
18.) Mike Cusack
19.) Jim Hamilton
20.) John Hardie
21.) Henry Pyrgos
22.) Greig Tonks
23.) Matt Scott

Very happy with that line up. Excited to see that 9-10 axis work with what looks to be a solid midfield. Bit concerned about the possible lack of technique in the forwards though.

Very happy to see Stuart McInally get a first cap. He's been really good for us all season. Also looking forward on seeing how Hoyland will do in 15's. Not to comfortable about Tonks at 15, I thought he's a better 10, his defence is what i'm worried about. Good to see WP Nel get a chance, looking forward to see how he goes.

BTW here is the Italian team for the game:
15 Andrea MASI (London Wasps, 91 caps)
14 Leonardo SARTO (Zebre Rugby, 16 caps)
13 Tommaso BENVENUTI (Bristol Rugby, 30 caps)
12 Gonzalo GARCIA (Zebre Rugby, 35 caps)
11 Giovambattista VENDITTI (Newcastle Falcons, 27 caps)
10 Tommaso ALLAN (USAP Perpignan, 14 caps)
9 Guglielmo PALAZZANI (Zebre Rugby, 8 caps)
8 Samuela VUNISA (Saracens, 5 caps)
7 Alessandro ZANNI (Benetton Treviso, 87 caps)
6 Francesco MINTO (Benetton Treviso, 16 caps)
5 Valerio BERNABÃ" (Zebre Rugby, 23 caps)
4 Quintin GELDENHUYS (Zebre Rugby, 54 caps)
3 Lorenzo CITTADINI (London Wasps, 38 caps)
2 Davide GIAZZON (Benetton Treviso, 20 caps)
1 Matias AGUERO (svincolato, 33 caps)

16 Leonardo GHIRALDINI (Leicester Tigers, 75 caps)
17 Michele RIZZO (Leicester Tigers, 16 caps)
18 Martin CASTROGIOVANNI (Racing '92, 110 caps)
19 Marco BORTOLAMI (Zebre Rugby, 111 caps)
20 Mauro BERGAMASCO (svincolato, 102 caps)
21 Marcello VIOLI (Zebre Rugby, uncapped)
22 Carlo CANNA (Zebre Rugby, uncapped)
23 Luke MCLEAN (Benetton Treviso, 68 caps)

Italy would be much better if they had someone who could actually kick their penalties... They haven't for years and it's almost like they don't even consider it during training.

Didn't realise this was on BT Sport - good way to pass the time before the England game :D

Edit:
Really like this Scotland kit. Collar is maybe a bit too big (prefer the smaller collar that Adidas had on the Lions kit), and that blue patch on the shorts does kind of make it look like they're wearing loincloths, and the socks are see thru and generally a bit naff with those stripes...... but it's a good shirt.

Last edited:
Good warm-up to the Crunch. Hidalgo-Clyne looks like the part out there.

One of the ugliest matches that I saw in my life.
Luckily you didn't watch Italy vs France in the last six nations. It was horrible.

But happy with the win, but not happy that we played quite bad. Hidalgo-Clyne fair enough is young but i would have Pyrgos over him atm. Hidalgo-Clyne for me made quite a few mistakes. But i thought Italy played well, Thought Castrogiovanni had a good game. In fairness to us this was not our best possible team, so i will happily take a win. Next week i'm hoping we play better and get a better result. Tonks did play well even though i was worried about him being poor at 15.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't realise this was on BT Sport - good way to pass the time before the England game :D

Edit:
Really like this Scotland kit. Collar is maybe a bit too big (prefer the smaller collar that Adidas had on the Lions kit), and that blue patch on the shorts does kind of make it look like they're wearing loincloths, and the socks are see thru and generally a bit naff with those stripes...... but it's a good shirt.
Agreed, Really happy with the work Macron has done for us since they became our kit manufacturer over Canterbury.

Just saw bits of this. Hard to watch. Glad Scotland got a win, hoping it will give them a little confidence boost.

Latest posts