• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Warm Up Match: Wales vs Ireland (08/08/2015)

valley commando

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Pontypridd
Teams

Wales: 15 Hallam Amos, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Tyler Morgan, 12 Scott Williams (captain), 11 Eli Walker, 10 James Hook, 9 Mike Phillips, 8 Dan Baker, 7 Justin Tipuric, 6 Ross Moriarty, 5 Dominic Day, 4 Jake Ball, 3 Aaron Jarvis, 2 Richard Hibbard, 1 Nicky Smith

Substitutes: 16 Rob Evans, 17 Kristian Dacey, 18 Scott Andrews, 19 James King, 20 Taulupe Faletau, 21 Lloyd Williams, 22 Gareth Anscombe, 23 Matthew Morgan

Pleased to see Amos, Tyler Morgan, Walker and Moriarty given chances, also good to see Hooky at 10 and Dacey and Mathew Morgan on the bench..
This 1st match is about performance rather than result lets see how many of these take their chance

Last edited by a moderator:
Good few names I don't recognise but it's great to see new talent get a look. I think Ireland we'll be testing people in new positions.

Good few names I don't recognise but it's great to see new talent get a look. I think Ireland we'll be testing people in new positions.

Yes it will be interesting to see the Irish side for Saturday I'm really looking forward to Saturday, already jealous my son and his wife (she's Irish) have tickets and I have to work until 2pm, still a few cans and the BBC will help come kick off.
Best of luck to Ieland come the WC.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Ireland. (must remember to check spelling before posting)

Yes it will be interesting to see the Irish side for Saturday I'm really looking forward to Saturday, already jealous my son and his wife (she's Irish) have tickets and I have to work until 2pm, still a few cans and the BBC will help come kick off.
Best of luck to Ieland come the WC.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Ireland. (must remember to check spelling before posting)

And to Wales! I'll be going to the match in the aviva against Wales when I imagine we'll see a proper test. Very much looking forward to it.

Christ these have snook up on me. Not really in the mood yet with the GAA entering it's most interesting time of the year!

I might give this a miss for the QFs on Sunday. I'm predicting a dull Wales win with no injuries hopefully!

I don't think there'll be a huge amount of experimentation from Ireland although this is the match that will see the most of it. Really annoying that no Irish channel is actually showing it.

I don't think there'll be a huge amount of experimentation from Ireland although this is the match that will see the most of it. Really annoying that no Irish channel is actually showing it.

Do you've sky? You can get BBC Wales by going to other channels and entering this frequency:

Frequency: 10788
Polarisation: V
Symbol rate: 22.00
FEC: 5/6

I can't make out whether it's going to be shown in Welsh or not but I imagine a bit of English will be thrown in too.

Agreed with most it'll be a run of the motions game for both. Cmac I'll be with you more focussed on Donegal Mayo

Ireland have been silent for the last 6 weeks and Wales have been in the media constantly. I'm curious to hear the press conference from Ireland today.

Not sure about Dacey and Andrews on the bench. Dacey's never going to make the cut with three clear choices ahead of him. And why no Francis, I was fully expecting him to make his debut this weekend?

Classic Gatland mind games in not playing a 12 ;)

You must be mistaken Scott Williams is an inside centre.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure about Dacey and Andrews on the bench. Dacey's never going to make the cut with three clear choices ahead of him. And why no Francis, I was fully expecting him to make his debut this weekend?

Perhaps Gats has already decided on Francis making the cut.

How can he decide Francis will make the cut based on no game time?
He finished the season poorly, I'd have thought they'd want to test him and lock him in ASAP, not just hope he can recreate his performance vs Northampton when it matters.
Especially when the alternative is Scott Andrews! (Then again maybe that's why they know they're taking him :lol: )

Worst Welsh side seen since the Japan tour. If Ireland put out a full team they could put 50 points on that.

Agreed with most it'll be a run of the motions game for both. Cmac I'll be with you more focussed on Donegal Mayo

Ireland have been silent for the last 6 weeks and Wales have been in the media constantly. I'm curious to hear the press conference from Ireland today.

Was just on injuries.
Healy still a doubt. Rehab is on week to week basis still hopeful he will be fit but unlikely to make any warm up game.
Cronin Moore and Fitzgearld all rehabbing well but Saturday looks too soon for them. That's what Simon Easterby was saying

Teams

Wales: 15 Hallam Amos, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Tyler Morgan, 12 Scott Williams (captain), 11 Eli Walker, 10 James Hook, 9 Mike Phillips, 8 Dan Baker, 7 Justin Tipuric, 6 Ross Moriarty, 5 Dominic Day, 4 Jake Ball, 3 Aaron Jarvis, 2 Richard Hibbard, 1 Nicky Smith

Substitutes: 16 Rob Evans, 17 Kristian Dacey, 18 Scott Andrews, 19 James King, 20 Taulupe Faletau, 21 Lloyd Williams, 22 Gareth Anscombe, 23 Matthew Morgan

Pleased to see Amos, Tyler Morgan, Walker and Moriarty given chances, also good to see Hooky at 10 and Dacey and Mathew Morgan on the bench..
This 1st match is about performance rather than result lets see how many of these take their chance

just read that gatland said hook is only starting as Anscome had a minor thigh strain, which he has now recovered from so he is taking a spot on the bench instead of hook. which is disappointing, i expect anscome to do quite well but hook deserves another proper shot at 10

Latest posts